bicycles threaten our personal freedoms

GoshisDead

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 10:07 am
If its a good idea does it matter that the UN came up with it? Is it the first step to globalization through our super powerful city mayors? Is it a program backed by aliens who want our asses to be more muscled when they swoop down and eat us?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 10:13 am
@CalamityJane,
I can't imagine you riding a bike Cal.

Tell me, if you will, when you were finding those bicycles convenient, and you must have ridden one to find out the quality of the convenience and remember it sufficiently well to inform us of it, did you dust off the seat before mounting up upon it and peddling off. Or stand up on the pedals. You wouldn't have known who had previously sat on it and if it was a busy time it might still be warm. Possibly moist.

Personally, I would choose which bicycle to pick up based on the general appearance of its previous rider and her technique. Those in the Bonnet Series for preference. Ursula Brangwen types.

There's a great sequence in Amarcord which shows some peasant ladies mounting bikes.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 03:26 pm
@spendius,
Then your imagination isn't a good one, spendius.
I ride a bike almost every day, although it's a stationary since I live on a steep
hill, but in a big city, I'd rather bike than take public transportation.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 04:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

We shoud charge rent
to the UN.

We can't charge rent - the land was donated to the UN by the Rockefeller family - BUT we can and do act against those pesky UN-supported bikes:
Quote:
....one Krazy Glue–wielding vigilante has taken to injecting his weapon of choice into the locks of the offending bikes. “If I get the right people together, we will go down Bedford Avenue at 4 a.m. and inject every bike lock on the strip with Krazy Glue … These Yuppies are running the whole damn city....”

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/08/williamsburg_yuppies_beware_bi.html
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 04:21 pm
when I started this thread I thought it was so bizarre it could be the basis of a play by Ionesco or perhaps an event art staged by PETA but not an actual campaign issue even by a Tea Part Candidate. Bicycles are symptomatic of our loss of personal freedoms? Holland takes Manhattan? I still think it's pretty funny.
djjd62

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 04:27 pm
@dyslexia,
i'd like to get me a new world order bike and ride it around inside the new WTC mosque

http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/userimages/2008/02/beginners-balancing-bike.jpg

wheeeeeee
dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 04:44 pm
@djjd62,
can you ride that to Russia?
djjd62

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 04:46 pm
@dyslexia,
if i ever visit the Palins i'll give it a whirl Wink
0 Replies