Christians ruining my Easter

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 03:06 am
@JPB,
The Easter story will be presented as factual by the Christians. That's ok --- it's their story to tell. You can give her some other facts such as the usurping of vernal celebrations of the pagans in order to attract more numbers to the fold, etc.

Yes JPB, that is exactly why Christians celebrate Easter and other religious holidays such as Christmas. So we can try to attract more to the fold. (sarcastic)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 03:13 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Or perhaps you can tell her that in your Athiestic views. there is no consequence for doing bad and no reward for ever doing good. So basically do what you want. You need money go rob a bank i guess, right? in the end there is no judge so what is the difference? right? that is essentially what you believe. how then do you propose that you are ever going to tell that to a youngster and not crush there spirit? What kind of inspiration is that for ANYONE to ever hear let alone someone who is young and can't even deciphor between truth and foolishness...Talk about totally setting someone up for failure and totally deceiving the little ones...Assuredly I tell you anyone who decieves a youngster the blood they shed in there life will partly be on the hands of whoever started and continued the deceitfullness
Eorl

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 03:41 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
This post simply shows appalling ignorance of an atheistic world view, and supreme arrogance of the validity of your own.

It is precisely the kind of thing I'm afraid of my child being exposed to.

Inevitably, the Christian and the atheist see each other in very similar terms. Each sees the other as arrogant, stubborn, closed-minded, and dangerously deluded. I don't that will change until we've all seen the light.

My daughter has a wonderful "spirit" and has told me that doesn't believe in any gods, for now anyway. (I told her I'm the same.)
I think that's a great way to start. She can look at the evidence presented to her now from all sides, and make up her mind without being brainwashed with guilt from birth.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 03:51 am
@Eorl,
go back and reread JPB's post and tell me that is not appaling and arrogant as a fellow athiest like yourself toward Christians. and I will Gladly apologize to you for offending you. maybe I said it brash. But certain aspects without the sarcasticness and extreme position of robbing banks etc are true such as the blood shedding...and when you tell me it was arrogant on JPB part to type that and I DO apologize to you...the test is I want to see if JPB a fellow athiest shows atleast fellowship toward one another as I have shown you and apologizes to me...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 03:57 am
@Eorl,
and honestly if you feel you are doing the right thing and can sleep at night and have love for everyone then I am truly happy for you I personally will pray for you your daughter and myself for what I said and how i said it...but understand one thing I don't believe most athiest people go about it or have the same success in teaching a youngster there is no God as displayed in your story with you and your child.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 04:14 am
@Eorl,
This post simply shows appalling ignorance of an atheistic world view, and supreme arrogance of the validity of your own.

And notice how JPB judged Christians. I was brash and am willing to apologize...and the first thing out of your mouth was judgement against me...I am willing to forgive and I think we all should step back and judge not so that we to are treated the same and forgiven...the only reason why i am brash at times is because like you I am a sinner and am not perfected. So i have faith but make mistakes...but I see things with Atheism that leave sour tastes in my mouth. I guess what I am saying is I am still trying to figure a way out to project the truth but be nice about it.

P.S. and I am willing to admit I do see people who proclaim Christianity but go about it wrong as well, Absolutely...again the test is how many TRUE followers to their religion will come on here and admit to myself a TRUE Christian that their religion has people who go about it wrong...and that not all practice what they preach???
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 04:17 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Our Lord was crucified and was buried on a Friday. After the second sunrise our Lord arose from his crypt and saw his shadow. Thats how the legend of Easter began.

Ah. We had 6 more weeks of being unsaved after that, didn't we?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 04:26 am
@FBM,
Our Lord was crucified and was buried on a Friday. After the second sunrise our Lord arose from his crypt and saw his shadow. Thats how the legend of Easter began.

Ah. We had 6 more weeks of being unsaved after that, didn't we?

DO you see where I am comming from Eorl?? A test...I would like to see one, just one Atheist person show a Christian such as my self true love in being brother and sister...and if I get one who is telling the truth. just one all day. anything. any kind of nice conversation such as where do you live how old are you etc. I will change my whole views and conatation on atheism. till then and as the insults pour on it easily stirs me farther and father away as being decietfullness. for if you only accept your own kind how fair is that? and what does it speak about the basis of your whole core beliefs??
FBM

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 04:35 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
DO you see where I am comming from Eorl?? A test...I would like to see one, just one Atheist person show a Christian such as my self true love in being brother and sister...and if I get one who is telling the truth. just one all day. anything. any kind of nice conversation such as where do you live how old are you etc. I will change my whole views and conatation on atheism. till then and as the insults pour on it easily stirs me farther and father away as being decietfullness. for if you only accept your own kind how fair is that? and what does it speak about the basis of your whole core beliefs??

Y'know, man, if you'd tone down the hateful, pro-xtian rhetoric yourself, you might find that you'll encounter a bunch more nice, friendly people who don't hold your beliefs against you. I wrote that reply before I even read your posts here. I was still on the first page of the thread.

Where do you live? How old are you? I live in Korea. South, the good one. I've been here since 1996, minus a year or two off spent as a Buddhist monk in Thailand. I'm 48. If I'm lucky, I may even be 49 some day. Wink
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 04:59 am
@FBM,
how very nice to meet you I live in CT, USA. 29 Male glad to meet you and as I have stated I gladly apologize to all atheist who I have offended namely Eorl. Also, I am in No WAY hateful, I actually feel fear from God toward people who reject that is the only reason I am here If I convert one believer in 20 yrs on here I have done good work and have fought the good fight.
FBM

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 05:12 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Nice to meet you, too. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot. That's group dynamics, or maybe forum dynamics, for you. There's a conversation already going on and a new person steps joins in who doesn't know what's been said before. Next thing you know, they find themselves involuntarily labeled as either 'for' or 'against' and automatically inherit all the related labels. That's just the way it goes in society, I suppose.

I hope you find more atheists who are willing to discuss with mutual respect. I do joke about religious beliefs, but I do try to keep my focus on the beliefs, not the person. Speaking of, I didn't understand what you said about "feeling fear from God". Would you explain a little?

Mods: If this qualifies as a derail, let me know. Maybe we can take the discussion to a more suitable thread.

@Eorl: I think you did the right thing by sending your daughter, as long as you send her to similar things in other belief systems. Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 05:40 am
@FBM,
yes, I agree. I want to thank you because you are the first to come out and actually back your faith with actions. as Hopefully I have shown you from what I call a True follower in Christ...and what I meant is in Christian Scriptures...We love God in Glorifying him...and he in return shows his love for us by praising us at times...but a belief in Christianity is to also fear the Lord God meaning to truly understand that God is the source of everything good...and we all need him for all our daily activities...and understand and grasp he never ending knowledge and power...he is the way the life the truth and if you do bad things then you could be witness to his anger or wrath which is excedingly unpleasent... and immediatly makes you want to repent (turn away from sin) or worse be smitted in some way and that is almost like things being taken away...example if you receive a lot of money but then become greedy he could smite you so that you end up with nothing where you started in the beggining. and most times for the rightous anyway it leads back to having faith in God Again. I hope this helps!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 05:49 am
God is an imaginary friend for adults.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:00 am
spademaster wrote:
If I convert one believer in 20 yrs on here I have done good work and have fought the good fight.

So, your goal coming on this forum is to proselytise in order to gain adepts to your faith?

That for sure pisses me off that you use such low tactics as to invoke the name of god to tempt people in joining your secte...

If god existed and if he resembled your masquerade I wouldn't follow him..
Eorl

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:02 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I'm not offended or even upset, but I sense you probably are. You should read my post a few times and give it a chance to sink in, maybe. Sure, I accused you of appalling ignorance of my worldview, but that's no great insult. (If it was intentionally obtuse, then it probably deserved worse.)

I've seen this attitude many times from Christians before, as though to see your religion as stupid, deluded and foolish (even dangerous) is outrageous, while the reverse situation you see as good and right. Well, the bible (and the Quran, and others) teaches exactly that, so it's not surprising really.

There seems an attitude there that we ought to respect religions, while they are free to attack us mercilessly, for we do indeed represent that which they most fear.. the loss of faith.

I think you'll enjoy your time here more with a few deep breaths, and take the time to think about our point of view.

(An important technical point... I don't claim to know there are no gods, I just have total disdain for all the god-claims so far presented to me. As far as my daughter understands, I simply don't believe in any gods. Not the same as believing there are none.)
Eorl

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:05 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

@Eorl: I think you did the right thing by sending your daughter, as long as you send her to similar things in other belief systems. Smile

Thanks, yes that is what I did and will continue to do, gods willing. Wink
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:05 am
Quote:
After the second sunrise our Lord arose from his crypt and saw his shadow

Jesus is a groundhog?
Eorl

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:07 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

Quote:
After the second sunrise our Lord arose from his crypt and saw his shadow

Jesus is a groundhog?

That means it's going to be a cold day in hell, right?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:18 am
@Francis,
1. it is in NO way to adepts my faith but for the NON believers faith and security later on after death.

2. in NO way am I trying to tempt anyone what i am saying is. and look back at the evidence. I have been persecuted to no end by all who doubt for whatever reason you your self just again showed your anger. I have no idea why or what makes you angry when you read these? I am not angry at all. I use these to learn as well as others to learn from me etc. time and time again all I have done is turn the other cheek. The devout non believer may never accept God. but if in all the time i am on here (and I used 20 yrs. off the top of my head) one who says they dont believe turns toward God. then how is that invoking God. he is simply using me as a persistant servant to do his work. which is exactly how the Prophets, Saints, Apostles, Jesus himself lived there lives. Think about it this way, if everything you say is correct, then when we die we ALL are going into eternal slumber. there wont even be at any point you being able to show you were correct and justifying yourself as well as everyone else who doubts. ok, but if it is the other way around, how much more are you going to regret being in front of God seeing all the chances to had to believe but did not even listen to them openmindedly. And I DON'T take glory in that fact I feel sorrowful that you look at the glass half empty rather than less empty...

If god existed and if he resembled your masquerade I wouldn't follow him..

you are actually speaking truth here, because God does resemble me, and time and time again you dont even listen with open ears...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:29 am
@Eorl,
while they are free to attack us mercilessly,

I don't know if you are confused maybe even perhaps some Christians are going about it wrong i dunno. I don't ever want to attack you mercylessly. no if there is a hell I am willing to go there to live off your sins for you as well as going there to live off my sins if it is possible. and if it has to be done. Anyone who claims to be a follower of ANY religion who attacks is not truly a follower. In Christianity we call them wolves in sheeps clothing.
0 Replies