Christians ruining my Easter

dadpad

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:31 am
Emporers new clothes.
It doesnt matter how many people say there is some kind of supreme being Its still not real.

0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:37 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

1. it is in NO way to adepts my faith but for the NON believers faith and security later on after death.

2. in NO way am I trying to tempt anyone what i am saying is. and look back at the evidence...

Please don't take this as a personal attack, but an xtian insisting on the importance of evidence? And at the same time asking us to accept the existence of something as monumental as an invisible divine creator on faith, with no credible evidence whatsoever? Forgive me if I find that reasoning somewhat ironic, to say the least, if not self-contradictory...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:43 am
@FBM,
the evidence in terms of claiming that a core belief is to accept others but at the same time go to no expense to slander in Jesus. I hope someday for all the doubters sake you guys may be right. I fear your not for if your right about no supreme being then you are fine and I am fine, but if it is reverse, then one day you will believe something my friends.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:47 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
this is in no way an attack against anyone. just out of curiosity. about the question in the original post. if you don't believe in Christ why exactly are you ever celebrating Easter? and why are you upset if it is ruined? what is your idea of Easter?
Eorl

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:49 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Just one of the many things that suck about being an atheist is that if we are right, we'll never know it and neither will you, and if we're wrong, we're in deep **** and we'll both know it!
dadpad

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:49 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I fear your not for if your right about no supreme being then you are fine and I am fine, but if it is reverse, then one day you will believe something my friends.

You are doing the fear thing that christian religion has relied on forever.
It wont wash with intelligent human beings.
Why would i need to fear an invisible fairy story made up to frighten small children and eaqually small minded adults into pouring adulation and money into the coffers of a rich and powerful few.
Eorl

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:53 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

this is in no way an attack against anyone. just out of curiosity. about the question in the original post. if you don't believe in Christ why exactly are you ever celebrating Easter? and why are you upset if it is ruined? what is your idea of Easter?

Well, it was kind of a joke title really, but actually "Easter", and the fertility rights associated with it (eggs, bunnies, etc.) were around before the Christians hijacked it for their own reasons. Also, I think it's cruel to deny children the ability to participate in the social rituals and scroog-ish(?) to pretend the holiday doesn't exist or some such. It's a bit hypocritical, sure, but I see it as the lesser evil.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:55 am
@Eorl,
and doesn't that instill enough fear and fire in you to get you to at least hear what the teachings of Christ are all about?? I was a non believer once and went down that path. I have learned from my mistakes.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:57 am
@Eorl,
Well, it was kind of a joke title really, but actually "Easter", and the fertility rights associated with it (eggs, bunnies, etc.) were around before the Christians hijacked it for their own reasons.

please explain i am listening....
FBM

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:58 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

the evidence in terms of claiming that a core belief is to accept others but at the same time go to no expense to slander in Jesus. I hope someday for all the doubters sake you guys may be right. I fear your not for if your right about no supreme being then you are fine and I am fine, but if it is reverse, then one day you will believe something my friends.

Speaking only for myself, I joke about Jesus, but I also joke about Mohammed, Zeus and a dozen other gods and prophets who claim supernatural knowledge. It's nothing personal.

Also, I think I recognize two major elements in your posts:

1) Fear of your god, which puzzles me, seeing as how your god is said to love us all unconditionally, but is paradoxically quite sharp about sending us to eternal torture and misery if we follow the rational function that he endowned in us and demand evidence for his existence,

2) Pascal's Wager (OK, this one is related to the first, really). http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/theism/wager.html

It's not clear to me how one can consciously choose to believe out of a sense of fear or self-preservation. One either believes or s/he doesn't. Choosing a belief because it's in your best interest is, basically, faking it and assuming/hoping that your god doesn't notice that fact. Which leads to obvious problems about the alleged omniscience of your god...etc etc.

Again, I hope you don't take this as a personal attack. I simply hope to explain some of the reasons why us non-believers are such. As long as you're not killing people who disbelieve in your god, or knocking on my door every other day, I've not no beef with you personally. After all, we're all atheists. I simply believe in one less god than you do, as the saying goes.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:01 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
i googled it and looked at about ten different websites dating back as far as they typed and read the dates for all the nations listed. none of them dated back to Christ's time
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:09 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

and doesn't that instill enough fear and fire in you to get you to at least hear what the teachings of Christ are all about?? I was a non believer once and went down that path. I have learned from my mistakes.

No, of course not. I've heard plenty of the teachings of Christ, in fact there was a study done recently that showed that atheists know more about the bible than Christians do. Much of Christs teachings (assuming he existed, and taught that which is attributed to him) are humanist ideals I fully support and agree with. The bit where he claims to be other than an ordinary human being seem a bit silly these days, though I'm sure in the context of the year 30AD it was a common enough idea. (well, 30AD according to Luke anyway, facts vary greatly throughout the book).
If I said you must jump in the air with both feet at least once a day or you'll die the first day you don't, would the fear of the consequence provide an ounce of truth to what I'd told you?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:13 am
@FBM,
1) Fear of your god, which puzzles me, seeing as how your god is said to love us all unconditionally, but is paradoxically quite sharp about sending us to eternal torture and misery if we follow the rational function that he endowned in us and demand evidence for his existence,

it is hard to comprehend, but truly I see from perceptions you have to be excedingly evil not to eventually make it into Heaven...which if true is good for all of us i think we can agree on that. the final straw and perhaps only way you can fall is when you are shown God and bow before him for the 5 seconds as stated. if you truly in your heart become bitter or angry after bowing...then you truly were not faithful and condemded. by being done this way it instills true faith into people.

It's not clear to me how one can consciously choose to believe out of a sense of fear or self-preservation.

to me these can be both they don't have to be one or the other. because if there is a God then ALL things are possible. It is fear in a Good way almost like you have faith and understand and grasp his practices and obey his voice etc... and no I did not take that as an attack =)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:18 am
@Eorl,
No, of course not. I've heard plenty of the teachings of Christ, in fact there was a study done recently that showed that atheists know more about the bible than Christians do. Much of Christs teachings (assuming he existed, and taught that which is attributed to him) are humanist ideals I fully support and agree with. The bit where he claims to be other than an ordinary human being seem a bit silly these days.

please explain to me what scripture or version of the bible you have read and understand, that doesn't say in it that Jesus himself said at one point I am the Son of God, I am God in the flesh, and no one know the way to the Father except through me? or explain why then it is good in your sight to understand comprehend and learn from his teachings but then at the point of disclosing who he is when he said he was the Son of God, God in the flesh etc. why then would you percieve that as false or silly as you have stated? What would Christ gain from being truthful at every aspect he tought. but then lied about disclosing who he was?
djjd62

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:22 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
please explain to me what scripture or version of the bible you have read and understand, that doesn't say in it that Jesus himself said at one point I am the Son of God, I am God in the flesh, and no one know the way to the Father except through me?

so because he said it makes it true

my name is elmer j fudd, i own a mansion and a yacht

hey where's my mansion and yacht
Eorl

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:25 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
They all say that he said that. Didn't write it himself (as far as we know) and we don't even know how much later it may have been written, but that's beside the point.
The point is, I doubt it's true. I doubt any gods ever existed. Even if I heard Jesus saying that with own ears wouldn't make it true. Even if he believed it was!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:27 am
@djjd62,

hey where's my mansion and yacht

my point is...if somethings make sense and he clearly was an intelligent man way above his time. he would obviously know that by saying he was God in the Flesh and not he would only be decieving people...looking back 2011 years ago. what would Christ benefit from lieing about that one aspect? if he had higher intelligence and it wasnt true. then he would not have said it.

and i tend to disagree. you can be excedingly intelligent and reread the bible 50 times in your life and not comprehend it all. there is no scripture like it that much is evident. which lends me to believe it was done by a higher authority. hence forth it is demmed truthful and not fairy tails
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:33 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

hey where's my mansion and yacht...

doesn't make it impossible either does it?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:34 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
That's just not smart logic. I can't argue with that level of reasoning.
djjd62

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:35 am
@Eorl,
agreed
0 Replies