Christians ruining my Easter

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 04:41 pm
@izzythepush,
I honestly don't know what to say about his views...He does not offend me, for he is not against me, in spreading the words of Christ. (presuming he actually does these things) but I would say that the millions out there who actually "believe" they are the Messiah, or in some cases Mary...Is probably because, they are ill, and can feel God telling them that they are saved, and of one flesh, altogether, Like it says in the Bible "Christ-Like" and maybe that is what he in fact feeling...in terms of "trying" to show him he is Not the Messiah....there really isn't anything I can say, that will get him to realize, he is a bloody sinner like us all, and is not God in the flesh, but perhaps one with Prophetic gifts, or one who can see and feel God, but somehow mistakes it to be Actually Christ himself....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 06:41 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
This is Exactly what I would say, presuming he is NOT ill, and truly "feels" he is the Messiah....and was looking for spiritual evidence from God through me to Him....

In your life, By your actions, DO you totally CONTRADICT EVERYTHING spoken about Christ in the Scripture? Examples: DO you sin? Were you born of a Virgin Mother? Have you ever Physically been to Heaven by your Own power?? DO you "know" what the Heavenly Father Looks like? Are you able to greet people who die. and reach for you in "your kingdom"?? Have you or do you remember being Crucified? (and having stigmatic or ecstacic experiences, IS NOT THE SAME) etc...and if he genuinely answered No but it's not that way....then I would explain to him, he may very well be faithful to Christ, but if you proclaim your Christ, and your not in the end, and are a False Christ, then to God (again presuming he is NOT ill) that is worse, than not believing now, but in the end accepting Christ....in other words, whether your faithful to God or not, if you in fact are a false Christ, then you in fact are MORE entangled, and WORSE OFF, than being the simple of the MOST simple, and excepting Christ, rather than proclaiming you are THE Christ....that is how I would approach him in conversations about Jesus, himself etc....
izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 02:18 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

In your life, By your actions, DO you totally CONTRADICT EVERYTHING spoken about Christ in the Scripture? Examples: DO you sin? Were you born of a Virgin Mother? Have you ever Physically been to Heaven by your Own power?? DO you "know" what the Heavenly Father Looks like? Are you able to greet people who die. and reach for you in "your kingdom"?? Have you or do you remember being Crucified?

Can I phone a friend?

You can talk to Voice if you want to, I just feel sorry for him. He's just very sad and delusional. He's not even fun like Jason. I doubt you'll be able to change his convictions though.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 12:20 pm
@izzythepush,
I am going to reply to him...for I have 2 simple questions for him....and if he can answer them then I will say he is the Messiah...
izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 12:23 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Don't hold your breath.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 12:45 pm
@izzythepush,
questions sent...if you wish to see what they are, they are under the other topic....
0 Replies

WendyLou

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 04:35 pm
@Eorl,
I don't know what your actual religious beliefs are, but there is absolutely no harm in any way whatsoever, sending your daughter along to different religious classes. I did this when I was in high school. All it does do is educate people and give them room to 'breathe' and work out for themselves exactly what they wish to follow or not as the case may be. In the end I became spiritual, i.e. the buddhist type of philosophy, reincarnation, life after death etc. but just quietly and with no discussions about it with other people (until now) on here. The Christian religion is a puzzle. It is on one side very forgiving and enlightened and on the other quite hypocritical and demanding. My feeling is that the worst religion on earth and the most demeaning and damaging to the female gender is the islamic religion. I am not being biased or racist, but for the world's sake it would be best if they all lived together somewhere and stopped migrating into communities which already have their religious infrastructre in place, i.e. multiple religions. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.
FBM

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 07:13 pm
@WendyLou,
Better yet if people were to replace religion with personal strength and knowledge. In Buddhism, the goal is to replace all second-hand beliefs - including the teachings of the Buddha - with direct knowledge. There's a sutta to the effect of, 'The dhamma (the Buddha's teaching) is like a raft for crossing a river. Once you've crossed the river, you don't need the raft any more.' Not a quote, obviously.
0 Replies

WendyLou

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 01:23 am
@Eorl,
We have a very good muslim couple who are very good friends of ours. They are extremely westernised and the wife wears western clothing and works as a lawyer. Her husband is Egyptian and very against Sharia law anywhere in the world. I'd still keep an eye on things from that point of view. We certainly don't want Sharia law in Australia that's for sure and certain. If her friend is from a very liberal muslim family, that's OK.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 07:07 pm
@WendyLou,
Quote:
I don't know what your actual religious beliefs are, but there is absolutely no harm in any way whatsoever, sending your daughter along to different religious classes. I did this when I was in high school. All it does do is educate people and give them room to 'breathe' and work out for themselves exactly what they wish to follow or not as the case may be.

I absolutely agree 100% with this post...and I, similiarly did exactly what you did with learning about religions and or philosophies in classes in High School, with the end result being I am Christian....But I agree with everything you said above, and you summed it up quite nice might I add...
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 07:48 pm
@WendyLou,
I agree with my daughter having a rounded education of religions and religion. Christianity scares me the most though, although Islam is not far behind.
Of course we don't want Sharia Law anywhere, or any theocracy of any kind, or even interference in our law from any religion. Don't get me started on Chaplains in our schools paid for by my taxes
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 03:15 pm
@Eorl,
Why does Christianity scare you the most??
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 10:01 pm
Well, they can be a pretty scary lot:

Quote:
Catholic extermination camps:
Surprisingly few know that Nazi extermination camps in World War II were by no means the only ones in Europe at the time. In the years 1942-1943 also in Croatia existed numerous extermination camps, run by Catholic Ustasha under their dictator Ante PaveliƧ, a practicing Catholic and regular visitor to the then pope. There were even concentration camps exclusively for children! Mass murder was performed here.

Crimes against Pagans:
1. Assoon as Christianity became legal in the Roman Empire by imperial edict (315), more and more pagan temples were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.
2. Pagan services became punishable by death in 356.
3. In 6th century pagans were declared void of all rights.
4. Pagan slaughter followed numerous years passed this!

Specific Persons killed by Christianity/Catholicism:
1.In the early fourth century the philosopher Sopatros was executed on demand of Christian authorities.
2.The world famous female philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria was torn to pieces with glass fragments by a hysterical Christian mob
3.Emperor Karl (Charlemagne) in 782 had 4500 Saxons, unwilling to convert to Christianity, beheaded.
4.John Huss, a critic of papal infallibility and indulgences, was burned at the stake in 1415.
5.Michael Sattler, leader of a baptist community, was burned at the stake in Rottenburg, Germany, May 20, 1527. Several days later his wife and other follwers were also executed.
And thats just 5...

Various Crimes and Crusades:
1.Peasants of Steding (Germany) unwilling to pay suffocating church taxes: between 5,000 and 11,000 men, women and children slain 5/27/1234 near Altenesch/Germany.
2.15th century Poland: 1019 churches and 17987 villages plundered by Knights of the Order. Number of victims unknown.
3.First Crusade: 1095 on command of pope Urban II. [WW11-41]
Semlin/Hungary 6/24/96 thousands slain. Wieselburg/Hungary 6/12/96 thousands. [WW23]
9/9/96-9/26/96 Nikaia, Xerigordon (then Turkish), thousands respectively. [WW25-27]
Until January 1098 a total of 40 capital cities and 200 castles conquered (number of slain unknown) [WW30]
Christianchronicler Eckehard of Aura noted that "even the following summer in all of Palestine the air was polluted by the stench of decomposition". One million victims of the first crusade alone.
4.After 6/3/98 Antiochia (then Turkish) conquered, between 10,000 and 60,000 slain. 6/28/98 100,000 Turks (incl. women and children) killed.
5.Marra (Maraat an-numan) 12/11/98 thousands killed. Because of the subsequent famine "the already stinking corpses of the enemies were eaten by the Christians" said chronicler Albert Aquensis.
6.Jerusalem conquered 7/15/1099 more than 60,000 victims (Jewish, Muslim, men, women, children).
7.Battle of Askalon, 8/12/1099. 200,000 heathens slaughtered "in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ".
8.Fourth crusade: 4/12/1204 Constantinople sacked, number of victims unknown, numerous thousands, many of them Christian. [WW141-148]
Rest of Crusades in less detail: until the fall of Akkon 1291 probably 20 million victims (in the Holy land and Arab/Turkish areas alone). [WW224]
9.Manichaean heresy: a crypto-Christian sect decent enough to practice birth control (and thus not as irresponsible as faithful Catholics) was exterminated in huge campaigns all over the Roman empire between 372 C.E. and 444 C.E. Numerous thousands of victims.
10.Albigensians: the first Crusade intended to slay other Christians. [DO29]
The Albigensians (Cathars) viewed themselves as good Christians, but would not accept Roman Catholic rule, and taxes, and prohibition of birth control. [NC]
Begin of violence: on command of pope Innocent III (the greatest single mass murderer prior to the Nazi era) in 1209. BeziƩrs (today France) 7/22/1209 destroyed, all the inhabitants were slaughtered. Number of victims (including Catholics refusing to turn over their heretic
neighbors and friends) estimated between 20,000-70,000. [WW179-181]
Carcassonne 8/15/1209, thousands slain. Other cities followed. [WW181]
And that's just 10....

2 Ending well-detailed Stories
1.16th and 17th century Ireland. English troops "pacified and civilized" Ireland, where only Gaelic "wild Irish", "unreasonable beasts lived without any knowledge of God or good manners, in common of their goods, cattle, women, children and every other thing." One of the more successful soldiers, a certain Humphrey Gilbert, half-brother of Sir Walter Raleigh, ordered that "the heddes of all those (of what sort soever thei were) which were killed in the daie, should be cutte off from their bodies... and should bee laied on the ground by eche side of the waie", which effort to civilize the Irish indeed caused "greate terrour to the people when thei sawe the heddes of their dedde fathers, brothers, children, kinsfolke, and freinds on the grounde".
Tens of thousands of Gaelic Irish fell victim to the carnage.
2.Crusades Eye Witness Reports...
In the words of one witness: "there [in front of Solomon's temple] was such a carnage that our people were wading ankle-deep in the blood of our foes", and after that "happily and crying for joy our people marched to our Saviour's tomb, to honour it and to pay off our debt of gratitude."
The Archbishop of Tyre, eye-witness, wrote: "It was impossible to look upon the vast numbers of the slain without horror; everywhere lay fragments of human bodies, and the very ground was covered with the blood of the slain. It was not alone the spectacle of headless bodies and mutilated limbs strewn in all directions that roused the horror of all who looked upon them. Still more dreadful was it to gaze upon the victors themselves, dripping with blood from head to foot, an ominous sight which brought terror to all who met them. It is reported that within the Temple enclosure alone about ten thousand infidels perished."
Christian chronicler Eckehard of Aura noted that "even the following summer in all of Palestine the air was polluted by the stench of decomposition".
One million victims of the first crusade alone.

Stolen from: http://worldrepublic.forumotion.com/t2373-christian-atrocities
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 12:09 am
@FBM,
Could I not link dozens of webpage links that explain how Christians are the victims?? Just google Martyr's or Patron Saints and see how many were killed ruthlessly for the act of spreading God's words...

The thing is this, there are no more evil than less evil in any philosophy or religion...there are always nutters out there, and there are always honest, good people, and rays of light with every religion and even lack of belief...the buttom line is that...the people who reflect this light, God knows your works...and when it comes time to accept God (if he exists) then if you have this light in you, you have a good sporting chance of being saved...and if you don't have this light, I don't know what will happen to you...but if God exists, than either way I believe highly the majority of people will make it....If they truly want to go and be with him...
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 12:18 am
Do you honestly think the number of people who have been killed for believing is as large or larger than the number of people who have been killed for not believing? I'd like to see some objective data on that, if you don't mind.

Meanwhile, a trip through history:

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 12:51 am
@FBM,
Quote:
Do you honestly think the number of people who have been killed for believing is as large or larger than the number of people who have been killed for not believing? I'd like to see some objective data on that, if you don't mind.

Meanwhile, a trip through history:

Possibly yes, there is no way for me to validate that for certain to your satisfaction, I perceive...but anyways, if the Bible is correct, then there will be millions more who will be hunted down, than that of being killed for the sake of not believing Christ....
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 12:59 am
The Bible is neither objective nor a reliable record of actual historical events. I'd be more willing to sympathize with the plight of the religious if there were some reliable, objective record supporting the idea that more people were killed for believing than believers killed for not believing.

In the past. I'm not interested in Biblical prophesy, either, as it's based on the Bible anyway, and is no more reliable than it.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 01:23 am
@FBM,
Like I said, and I mean no disrespect in ANY way...I perceived, and was right, there is no way for me to validate that for you...If you except the Bible it would be easy indeed for you to embrace that millions will be hunted down...which shows that following and obeying God is not always peachy kean...not everything is going to be smooth sailing...Now if you disagree, and disregard the Bible, Then I do not know what to say to get you to open up to the fact that it is possible millions will be hunted down for believing in Christ...

But in any event I value the conversations...have a Good day or night, FBM....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 02:04 am
@FBM,
Wait, I just thought of another question that came to me...If you do not trust the Bible...and do not believe what it states...What makes you believe you actually know who/and what a true Christian really are?? Do you believe that people who "say" they know God who kill in his name, actually know any living God that may or may not exist or are depicted in the Bible??? ( for the Bible states thou shall not murder, and Jesus says to love they neighbor as thyself etc...) So what makes you believe that evil done in the "supposivly" name of a Christian God, is true? and not of Satanism???
FBM

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 02:27 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Like I said, and I mean no disrespect in ANY way...I perceived, and was right, there is no way for me to validate that for you...If you except the Bible it would be easy indeed for you to embrace that millions will be hunted down...which shows that following and obeying God is not always peachy kean...not everything is going to be smooth sailing...Now if you disagree, and disregard the Bible, Then I do not know what to say to get you to open up to the fact that it is possible millions will be hunted down for believing in Christ...

But in any event I value the conversations...have a Good day or night, FBM....

Yep. Without evidence for the existence of a supernatural deity, it all boils down to faith, which I don't have. Thanks for the discussion. I appreciate your sincerity.
0 Replies