Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,922 • Replies: 14
No top replies

eoe

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 09:35 pm
Not me!! I'm done. Very Happy
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 09:36 pm
I'm just getting started, unfortunately.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 09:37 pm
@Mame,
Is it hot in here? Or is it just me?
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 07:03 am
I'm done, too, but I vividly remember driving down the street in the winter with all the windows open and the air conditioning blasting Shocked
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 07:08 am
Done.

These folks have a daily vitamin regimen that will make your life So Much Easier!

http://www.womentowomen.com/default.aspx
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 07:18 am
Good grief, has anyone else noticed the ads at the bottom of the page?

(Cougarlife.com -- meet younger men for free)

Riiiigggghhhhtttt..... (and where's a punctuation mark for sarcasm when you need it?)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 08:41 am
Not yet...

In context, though, this related thread is super-depressing:

Quote:
Who, in the history of hotness, was hotter than Monica Bellucci?

It's that WAS that gets me. She's still alive, and only 45!

I just turned 39 and am understanding the whole midlife crisis thing in a new way... ugh....
ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 10:11 am
@sozobe,
I'm a fan of Helen Mirren in part as a antidote to that depressing WAS thing, Soz.

Anyway, re hot flashes, I'm cooked/well done but remember hating them when in some meeting at work..
ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 10:15 am
@Mame,
I'm happy that I pretty much missed all of that excitement. I was sort of looking forward to it - rite of passage and all that. I can recall my aunt doing stealth runs on my parents' heating/cooling system when she was in haut hot flash season (and she carried a fan in her purse for yeeeeeeears).
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 02:04 pm
I either missed it or just covered it up with orgasms.
Pemerson

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 03:56 pm
@sullyfish6,
That's interesting. Through the whole damn time I felt sexy (wanting sex). And, when I was just starting the flashes an older woman said "Oh, that goes on for 10 years.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 04:12 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes, at work. Maddening. I was a news reporter for our local paper and each Wednesday night the editor and myself, we put the paper together. I just knew I would one day smash my fist through that computer screen. My editor was worse (same situation). She'd stand up and yell fuuuuuck as loud as she could. Then we'd laugh like hyenas. (We were alone in the building BTW)

It was extremely frustrating when the publisher would, again, change the computer system, or upgrade. Once when I subbed for the editor I was still there at 3 a.m. and hadn't yet got one headline out of that computer.

(We were alone in the building BTW)
ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 02:39 pm
@Pemerson,
I just reread this thread (going through Mame's topics to pick out the survey (whatever) camp threads so I can find them again sometime as they are so great..
and ran across this one of hers.

I don't think I'd seen your last post before. So many times I've been alone in the building, over decades, at different offices/studios/labs. Interesting, we may be certain personality types. There was the time I couldn't shut the alarm system off no matter what I did and was waiting for police with guns, which had happened to someone else in our last building. Oddly, but probably typical, I don't remember what happened.

Funny memories, with or without hot flashes.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 03:39 pm
I do and I don't. I haven't hit menopause yet, but I have had hot flashes since my mid 30s - it's called peri-menopause. Not amusing.
0 Replies