Oh, the weather outside AIN'T frightful . . .

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 08:44 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
Do you ever have to shovel to get out the front door?

at least a couple of times of year - and my front door is on a porch, under a roof

the back stoop is less protected, and needs to be shovelled off regularly so that the dogs can get out for their pees and romps
msolga

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 08:58 pm
@ehBeth,
Gosh, you guys are tough, ehBeth! Wink

I just can't imagine it.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 06:39 am
2 below this morning, looking at a high of 4 today. Shoveled off about a cubit of snow yesterday, got another couple of inches since.

I think it might be winter.

Good day to drive an ailing van to Fond du Lac.
patiodog

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 06:42 am
@patiodog,
Ooooh, and windy, too. Yes!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 06:42 am
trace amounts of snow, but cold, cold, cold

-7C/20F Wind Chill -17C/1F
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 06:45 am
@msolga,
Yeah, sometimes we have to shovel off the porch to get at the steps to get at the drive in order to get at the sidewalk out front. There is a city by-law that you have to keep the sidewalk in front of your house clear. They don't enforce it that severely, but after a few days, if you haven't cleared it, they're likely to issue a citation. I also shovel the walk in front of the house next door, the walk to her steps and the steps to her porch (her porch is closed-in, so it doesn't need to be cleared of snow)--but she's a lady in her 90s, so i think it would be churlish of me not to do it, and do it without being asked.

Shoveling to get out the door or off the porch usually only happens with the worst snows, such as the February when we got seven feet of snow in about four snowfalls over a period of three weeks. Otherwise, as long as there's a good breeze, drifting tends to keep the porch clear.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 06:47 am
@patiodog,
I let the girl dog out the back door about 5:00 a.m. There was a very light dusting from over night, but otherwise, it was much as it had been when i had let the dogs out late last night. I let the boy dog out at a little after 6:00, and there was an inch or more of snow which had fallen in the previous hour. Right now (quarter to eight), it's no longer snowing.

I'm not fooled. The Snow Gods are trying to sucker me. If i take the doggies out walking, They'll dump a blizzard on me. You have to watch those suckers like a hawk!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 07:01 am
Just heard on the radio about some poor sap who rear-ended an OPP cruiser first thing this morning. (OPP=Ontario Provincial Police, get your minds out of the gutter!)

What a way to start your day, eh?
rosborne979

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 08:44 am
@Setanta,
Years ago I knew a state trooper who was staked out near the side of the road and while he was sitting there in his car, some guy swerves out of control and hits him broadside. The cruiser was damged, but he was ok, so he gets out the of the car and goes over to the driver of the other car. The guy was still dazed from the accident, so when Lenny knocks on the window the guy rolls it down and says, "Jeez you got her fast, I was only in the accident a few minutes ago. How did you find out about it so fast?".
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 08:46 am
His was not a good day, huh?
JPB

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 08:47 am
Woke up to zero degrees F, -25 wind chill. It's up to 1 now on the way to 11. Hey! It goes to 11!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 08:51 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

His was not a good day, huh?

Lenny used to tell that story at the bar every time. To hear him tell it was a riot. Smile

0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 11:50 am
@patiodog,
better a cubit than a furlong.
0 Replies