Which Acai Berry Supplements should I take? AcaiBurn?

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 09:02 pm
I've heard of the amazing results of Acia Berries and as I am a health freak, I am willing to try it out myself. I don't know what's best though and I've only come across Acia Diets such as AcaiBurn. I heard that those should not be used if I want to burn only a few pounds.. that the results may be too severe, and I am already slightly underweight for my age and height (115-ish.. I'm supposed to be 126, and I used to be back when I had time to consume regular meals). I've heard that Acai Berry gives a person more energy and also improves skin.. and I want to know what Acai Berry Supplements or the like I can use without taking something that can ruin my body. Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,016 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 09:06 pm
Sounds like a silly fad to me. I can't imagine that any Acai berry product would contribute significantly to weight loss. And I speak from experience, I lived in Brazil and used to eat the stuff regularly.

I recommend it because it's tasty. But don't buy into the fad, just have frozen Acai pulp with granola or fruits. It's good stuff!
loveislikearose3

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 09:17 pm
@Robert Gentel,
hm, possibly. But it's not just the weight loss that grasps my attention.. I don't even really need that. It's just the fact that its healthier than most fruits. They call it powerfood, and I want to see for myself if it can make me more energized and fit.
And oh, that does sound good.. with granola. Where can I actually buy Acai Berries here in the US though? I only come across Acai Juices and those are very expensive.
NickFun

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:03 pm
If you're already 10 pounds underweight I'd recommend a stack of flapjacks and grits. Screw the Acai Berries.
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:20 pm
@loveislikearose3,
I've never seen them sold whole. The fruit doesn't keep long, and it would need to be frozen in the States or imported by air. Even in Brazil it was always a juice or frozen outside of the regions where it's indigenous. I've had it in the US a few times, at stores selling exotic juices (it was a mom and pop store like Jamba Juice in San Diego).

As to the energizing factor, it's overrated in my opinion. It's packed with calories and fat, so it's an energy food in the same way that granola or even snickers is considered an energy food.
loveislikearose3

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:46 pm
@NickFun,
Haha. But I love fruit!
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:48 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Oh. Hmm.. We only have the Jamba Juice cafes here.. do you think they'd sell it there in separate packets, not in the drinks?
Any other ideas as to where I can find frozen acai pulp?
And haha Snickers are considered an energy food????
Why did I start avoiding them then (when I started eating healthy, I began eating less candy)???
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:56 pm
@loveislikearose3,
loveislikearose3 wrote:
Any other ideas as to where I can find frozen acai pulp?

Any Brazilian emporiums or restaurants around? The US is big, so I can tell you where to find it in San Diego but I have no idea where you are.
0 Replies

shakazulu177

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 06:10 pm
@loveislikearose3,
If it sounds too good to be true it is a scam. Remember Hoodia? go to webMD and get more unbiased information about Acai berry.
All nutritionists will tell you that you need to eat a variety of foods high in antioxidants to get the benefits because together they act as a catalyst to enable your body to utilise the antioxidants.
If you research Acai on the net which I did for hours and hours you will find the only people making amazing claims are the ones selling it!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 05:03 pm
Hey, I took Acai berry and now I'm thinner, younger, my hair is darker, I can run marathons without getting winded, women are chasing me and I get carded again in bars!*

*results not typical. Drunk
0 Replies