Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 06:04 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:
Sure. Just stating that you do doesn't mean a thing and it s very funny to see that you don't even get that! Wink
You are really a very funny girl.

Why don't you go play with Blatham? His pretend intelligence would be right up your ally.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 06:33 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Quehoniaomath wrote:
You realy have no clue and this is of course not a valid argument of yours.

I know more about this lone subject than you know about everything in the universe.

That bar isn't set very high... My dog knows more about nuclear weapons than the sum total of Qehog's 'knowledge'.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 12:25 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Why don't you go play with Blatham? His pretend intelligence would be right up your ally.

Is that all you can do?

Figures!
0 Replies

jft2

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 11:18 pm
@oralloy,
Yes, they both know now.
I've messaged both of them and they've responded.
0 Replies

jft2

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 11:21 pm
@oralloy,
The US voted in favour of Res 181 and has spent a lot of time & money trying to evade their part of the responsisbilty for the tragic outcome, after the division of the former mandate of Palestine took effect.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 11:34 pm
@Olivier5,
Quahog has knowledge? If anything, it's negative Knowledge - the very first and last in human mind.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 01:08 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Quahog has knowledge? If anything, it's negative Knowledge - the very first and last in human mind.

Why an Ad Hominem. again? Something I said and you have troubles with?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 08:27 am
Israel’s activities in the occupied territories resulted in the deaths of 2,314 Palestinians and 17,125 injuries last year, compared with 39 deaths and 3,964 injuries in 2013, according to the annual report by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA). Source
NSFW (view)
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 02:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Jews have a weakness in math when it involves the Palestinians they have killed and maimed in Israel.

Quote:
7 in 10 Palestinian killed in the Gaza in 2014

What galls me most is that Israel is called a 'democracy.' I wonder what they mean by "occupied territories?"

Do we have 'occupied territories' in any other democracy?
georgeob1

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 02:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Israel’s activities in the occupied territories resulted in the deaths of 2,314 Palestinians and 17,125 injuries last year, compared with 39 deaths and 3,964 injuries in 2013, according to the annual report by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA). Source

How many deaths have occurred in Ukraine or Chechnya or Georgia as a result of Russian actions? Similar issues of local threats from alleged discordant neighbors were the issues in these areas as well. Western European Powers don't appear to be equally incensed about that.

I agree that Israel is guilty of excesses against the Palestinians, some done in situations in which there was much less risk to themselves than exists today. However, I believe that public indignation over that is becoming a good deal higher when Israel is the offending party than most other offenders (and in todays world many grotesque offenses abound). Why is that ??? I believe this is a question that Europeans in particular should address to themselves.

As the creators of the legacy of misery that exists in the post colonial Mideast, the British and French should be particularly silent on the present suituation.
oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 02:53 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
I agree that Israel is guilty of excesses against the Palestinians, some done in situations in which there was much less risk to themselves than exists today. However,

Israel is not guilty of any such excesses. All they do is defend themselves against a relentless aggressor who refuses to make peace.
georgeob1

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 03:04 pm
@oralloy,
That's not true. All you have to do is to consider the immediate aftermath of the 1967 war to see what might otherwise have been.

However, all that has been thrashed out ad nauseum in the earlier pages of this thread.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 03:18 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
How many deaths have occurred in Ukraine or Chechnya or Georgia as a result of Russian actions? Similar issues of local threats from alleged discordant neighbors were the issues in these areas as well. Western European Powers don't appear to be equally incensed about that.
I doubt that such will be published be an organisation which is named UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in the occupied Palestinian territory. And my post was just referring to a publication from this office.
Perhaps, there really should be similar offices for Ukraine or Chechnya or Georgia - that really would be important "to bring together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies" in those countries.

Edit: the have a field office in Ukraine: 2015 Ukraine Humanitarian Response Plan (Revised)
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 08:15 pm
@georgeob1,
What the hell has Ukraine, or Chechnya, or Georgia, got to do with deaths of Pals in Israel except to try to change the subject?
Ionus

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Do we have 'occupied territories' in any other democracy?
The USA, Australia, Canada...any where in the New World where native populations were moved onto 'reserves' rather than breeding and intermingling like Mexico .
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:04 pm
@Ionus,
Believe it or not, we're now in the 21st century. What countries occupies other people's property besides the Jews of Israel?

BTW, I'm talking about so-called 'democracies' recognized by the UN.
Ionus

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
May be you didnt understand my point . The countries I mentioned all stole land and are living on it . Time has moved on and the world has forgiven or forgotten or both . You are being hypocritical if you live in one of those countries and criticise Israel for being formed in the wrong century . 200 yrs down the track, and maybe the Palestinians will have gone the way of Indians and Aboriginees .

Quote:
Believe it or not, we're now in the 21st century.
I dont take any great joy in the advancement of the clock or see how things MUST be better .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:44 pm
@Ionus,
This report, which I quoted, isn't really about Israel. It is about that region which is covered by The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights in the occupied Palestinian territory (OHCHR oPt).
Ionus

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, I understand that but I was responding to different points raised after that .
0 Replies