People are saying some really ugly things here in Texas....

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 09:10 pm
@spendius,
Up to a point, so is James Joyce.

So what?
nimh

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 11:02 pm
@Asherman,
Asherman wrote:

"Like "Lock and Load", "**** you", "**** your dog". And that after previously expressing the desire to see another member's wife raped. You're liar, a hypocrite, and **********. Do the world a favour you worthless ****. Get one of your beloved guns, put it in your mouth, and blow that squirming pile of malignant crap you call a brain up the nearest wall."

Now that's just the sort of thing we've been listening to from the Left for eight years. You have it down pat. I have yet to see anything comparable posted by the few conservatives who still visit A2K.

Asherman, you do realise that the beginning of that post is Wilso quoting cjhsa, right? "**** you," "**** your dog", expressing the desire to see another member's wife raped -- that was all cjhsa, a conservative. Wilso responded by sinking to the same level and himself then calling the guy a "**********" etc.

That's a whole lot of stink being piled on by the two of them, and I dont care for none of it. But the inconvenient truth for you here is that one is a conservative and one is a liberal. So responding to the stink, as you did, by declaring how this is so typically leftwing and you "have yet to see anything comparable posted by the conservatives on a2k" kind of defies belief. Do you not see Cjhsa's posts? Or do you just choose to pretend like his kind isn't there?

How is Wilso's gutter language a demonstration of what lefties are like, but Cjhsa's nothing but some individual aberration? Have you not seen the tirades of Woiyo (who's since calmed down, luckily) and H2OMan in the months leading up to the elections -- richly peppered with the same kind of abuse? Doesnt their stuff make it silly to declare that this is just typical of lefties only?

The way I see it, there are <expletive>s on both sides, and the more angry or fearful they feel, the more they become so. Meanwhile, there are also plenty of Rogers and CoastalRats on the right, and Sozobes and Freeducks on the liberal side. We can argue about the exact proportions and who's got more of the bad apples, but to make blanket statements about how conservatives are just overall decent or restrained and liberals aren't (or vice versa) is just silly.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 11:09 pm
@sozobe,
That makes sense (depressingly)... I hadnt thought about it like that yet.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 08:05 am
@Asherman,
So if a news story don't compute with your supposed inside information of someone whispering in your ear, the news source is enemies of America and not to be trusted. So when they reported Gates said the Taliban is up by thirty percent and they need more troops in Afghanistan, they were just distorting the truth so they can help enemies of the United States.

How about sourcing some of those military journals and those articles in Parabola to back up some of your assertions? Surely they are not top secret if you are allowed to read them.

If we didn't misdirect our troops into Iraq we would have had more troops in Afghanistan and then the Taliban and AQ would not have had time to regroup (the Taliban never was completely expelled from Afghanistan) to become a bigger source of problem than Iraq is now.

The military is saying they need more troops in Afghanistan in order to fight the growing problem there, if we keep so many in Iraq because of some fear of what AQ will take from that then we are defeating ourselves and leaving ourselves open for growing danger from AQ and the Taliban in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
PDiddie

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 09:35 am
@revel,
You perhaps noted, Drew, that news that 23% of Texans believe that Obama is Muslim -- perhaps four times the national average?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6084678.html

Texas is going to be the remaining shriveled power base for Republicans and the so-called New Conservatism going forward, moreso than Utah or Alabama or anywhere else. Pridefully ignorant, powerfully dishonest, xenophobic to uncharted extremes. Clinging tighter to their guns and Bibles than cjhsa and OmsigDavid double-teaming a table vise.

The urban areas -- Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, El Paso (notably not Fort Worth) -- and a swath in the Rio Grande Valley as well as my old stomping grounds of Jefferson County, near the southern end of the border with Louisiana -- are thankfully blue oases, but nowhere else in Texas outside of those considered "votin' for the ni@@er", unlike, say, Western Pennsylvania:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/on-road-western-pennsylvania.html
blatham

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 09:37 am
@PDiddie,
hey perry!

How ya feelin? I'm feelin alright.
PDiddie

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 09:39 am
@blatham,
I'm great brotha. Nice to see your snowflake avatar around here.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 03:00 pm
@PDiddie,
PDiddie wrote:

You perhaps noted, Drew, that news that 23% of Texans believe that Obama is Muslim -- perhaps four times the national average?

Yes, I did, in fact. It so happens that someone in my near family expressed exactly that belief. This person has a college degree.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 03:20 pm
@PDiddie,
Not a snowflake. It's actually the nazimuslimblackpowercommiegay flag. Soon, it will fly over all of Texas.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 03:48 pm
@PDiddie,
Hey, Perry! Where you been hiding yourself? Haven't seen you on A2K in ages.
Andrew (the merry one)
ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 03:51 pm
@blatham,
I always thought that your quilt piece had some kind of choreography hidden in it.

You put your right foot in,
You put your right foot out;
You put your right foot in,
And you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey-Pokey,
And you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!

http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/images/anipenguins.gif

You put your left foot in,
You put your left foot out;
You put your left foot in,
And you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey-Pokey,
And you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!
Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 03:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Beth, have you ever considered this disturbing possibility -- what if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 03:59 pm
Texas=miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles.
spendius

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 04:40 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
Up to a point, so is James Joyce.

So what?

I presume the space is a symbol of anti-intellectualisam.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 04:58 pm
@Merry Andrew,
My man Andy!

I'm around some. More now with the election passed.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 05:03 pm
@dyslexia,
Remember: I don't like you either, you skinny Indian.

(Nice work turning NM that enchanted turquoise blue last Tuesday.)
spendius

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 05:07 pm
@PDiddie,
It's only temporary unless He sends some more pork in. They are all expecting big pork. They only queued for hours to vote for more pork surely?

It's ante-up time soon.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 05:14 pm
@PDiddie,
Did someone named spendius say something? I can't really tell.

Maybe that was just the wind. Breaking.
spendius

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 05:34 pm
@PDiddie,
The evidence is right there old chap. Yes he did. It's obvious. No need to ask around about it pointedly. That's not a gentleman's response.

It's called dodging the issue with the most widely known trick since the Venus of Willendorf shouted for more reindeer steaks.

Do it right. Put me on Ignore. Then you won't have to do these sillies anymore.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 06:37 pm
@DrewDad,
And yet your attack on Texans is A-OK?

I'm happy to defend my posts, point by point.

Are you?

If so, have it at.