A Cure for Crohn's Disease?

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 03:47 pm
A little to late for many people, one in particular A2Ker near and dear to my heart. But, researchers have found that sufferers of Crohn's are lacking a beneficial form of bacteria normally found in the intestine. The bacteria secrete an anti-inflammatory chemical which calms the organ.

Unfortunately, Crohn's seems to be a complex disease with many contributors. Hopefully further research will soon provide effective treatment of the disease.

Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 926 • Replies: 10

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 03:50 pm
I love the BBC's associated links! Space food (processed and easy to digest) may also help treat Crohn's.

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 02:30 pm
Thanks for posting this (and tagging it nicely -- or thanks to whomever did tag -- so I could find it back). My young cousin has Crohn's and it's been causing her all sorts of problems... remembered this and just sent to her.
Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 03:31 pm
I've saved the link too..
Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 10:46 pm
been thinking about miss noddy a lot of late, and wish so much that I could share with her how much better I have been doing.

I would like to revive this thread, and keep it afloat somewhat for her, and anyone else who is fighting with Crohn's.

diet, diet, diet...
Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 05:43 am
Mr. P. has been diagnosed with either Crohn's Disease, or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. He has been using Align, (which you can get over the counter,) for a few months.

He claims that he sees an appreciable positive difference.
Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 11:06 pm
this may be premature, but...

I seem to be suffering from Celiac disease in addition to the joys of crohns. my digestion had become much more difficult this winter, and nothing I was doing seemed to help.

I'm not sure which came first, chicken or egg, crohns or celiac disease, but I have cut all wheat from my diet, in addition to all the crohns no-nos, and in 2 days I can notice a marked difference in how I feel, and how much less difficult eating has become. and no death headaches.

If this continues, who knows what might be possible by springtime...
Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 11:18 pm
One of my fishing buddies has Crohns and he has taken on a controlled diet that doesnt include fish anymore. Hes doing really well and hasnt been a no show for our early morning fish trips.
Like diabetes, they are discovering that the disease can be reversed with initial meds , diet and lifestyle
Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 11:20 pm
fish is a new one to me.

I eat as much of it as I can afford.

beef is the big no for me.

why fish, do you know?

(I'm on the Kansas no health care for you plan)
Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 12:36 am
Wow!!!! Wonder if it might help those with inflammatory bowel disease?
Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 02:17 pm
Keep in mind that Align says about itself that it is for healthy people who have an occasional bout of trouble. Chrone's Disease is not an occasional bout; it's chronic and serious.
My problem is ulcerative colitis which is also serious but well controlled (i.e., no symptoms at all and no dietary restrictions) with Apriso (a form of mesalamine).