Problems with taking fish oil supplements?

RexRed

Sat 9 Jul, 2011 05:40 pm
I now take fermented fish oil.

Green Pasture blue ice fermented cod liver oil. Available only online that I have seen. I also only take one pill a day rather than the suggested dose of 2 to avoid getting too much vitamin A.
0 Replies

saab

Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:40 am
Read some place that when taking fish oil avoid sugar at the same time. It does not help one bit when mixed with sugar - it only makes you fat. In your case it might go into the skin. Mix with protein.
When I take fish oil I drink a spoonful - no capsules for me. When I need fish oil I also need that taste of it- As soon as I don´t like the taste any more I stop taking it.
roger

Sun 10 Jul, 2011 01:44 pm
@saab,
That's interesting, saab. I'm the same with Gatorade. When you need it, either the sugar or the electrolytes, it tastes great. When it doesn't taste good, you've had enough.

On the other hand, I've got four fingers and a thumb. I don't like fish: I don't like fish oil. Gimme the pill.
saab

Sun 10 Jul, 2011 01:52 pm
@roger,
As a child my mother told me "If you don´t behave you wont get your fish oil".
I really liked it. as soon as I did not want it anymore, she stopped giving it to me.
She knew I did not need it anymore.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 10 Jul, 2011 02:09 pm
I grind up fresh flax seeds and have them with breakfast, every morning, except Sunday. Don't need fish oil when you do that.
0 Replies

andrewsrshelia

Wed 16 Nov, 2016 03:57 am
@RexRed,
Fish that are especially rich in the beneficial oils known as omega-3 fatty acids include mackerel, herring, tuna, salmon, cod liver, whale blubber, and seal blubber. Two of the most important omega-3 fatty acids contained in fish oil are eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
0 Replies

joannawood1245

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 04:42 am
@RexRed,
Never use
0 Replies