Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 10:13 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
Re: Roberta(Post 3368442)
You know....this is the same with my work browser.

Borat Sister has an avatar...but dlowan does not...and I have also cleared my cache and all that at work.

'Tis odd.

Well, at least WE can all see your cheetah.

But....did you LOG OUT.

At the right hand top of the page it says "Log out".

As long as you recall your password, click on that, close your browser.

When you come back to A2k you will have to log in again.

After that, if that doesn't work, I got bupkis to suggest.

I LOGGED out of a2k. I logged back in. I still see a doohickey. I'm glad others see my cheetah.

Sad
Diane

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 12:46 am
@Roberta,
Boidy, keep in mind that a doohickey to you is a cheetah to the rest of us.

Doohickey, schmoohickey.
devriesj

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 04:34 pm
@Diane,
Hopefully you can see your cheetah-doohickey soon for yourself, 'berta!
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 11:44 am
@devriesj,
I'm having the same problem. Some tell me they see an owl face as my avatar when I post and that is what I see in my profile. I see a modernistic fox avatar on my posts. I've deleted all other avatar images at Gravatar. I've emptied my cache. I've logged out or in. No solution. (I want the owl, not the fox.) Anybody?
High Seas

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 11:47 am
@Foxfyre,
Definitely a little owl, seen from NY, Foxfyre.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 12:28 pm
@High Seas,
Sigh. I wish I could see it. No idea how to make that happen since I've tried all the normal stuff.
devriesj

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:30 pm
@Foxfyre,
It'll come, fox. For some reason it just takes a bit for you to see it. Don't know why. Hang in there and you'll see your owl-eyed alter soon enough.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 04:24 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

I'm having the same problem. Some tell me they see an owl face as my avatar when I post and that is what I see in my profile. I see a modernistic fox avatar on my posts. I've deleted all other avatar images at Gravatar. I've emptied my cache. I've logged out or in. No solution. (I want the owl, not the fox.) Anybody?

Foxfyre: I did all the things I was told to do--twice--last Friday. Still no cheetah for me. I wish you better luck with your owl. If it shows up, please let us know.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 04:25 pm
@Roberta,
Try changing the avatar size in your preferences, that might force a refresh for you.
Roberta

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 04:58 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

Try changing the avatar size in your preferences, that might force a refresh for you.

It worked!!! Thanks mucho, kid.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:24 pm
Yup worked for me too. Yay. Robert's Cheetah looks great and my owl is hooting success at last! Thank you RG
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:45 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Yeah, my avatar looks great, too! Perfect! Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:51 pm
@Robert Gentel,
ooh, that size option is nice - I don't have to put my glasses on to see Harry clearly now
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 10:12 pm
@Roberta,
First, I'm Lola, not McTag. He was kind enough to loan me his password so I could get on, but I've changed my email address and I'm not allowed to log on as my old self. When I used my old password, it didn't work. When I registered as "lolaessence" there were very few choices for how to proceed. I'm totally lost.

OK, so I didn't save my avatar, not knowing that I should. So how do I choose a new one? Or is there some way to find the old one. I kind of liked it the best.
0 Replies