@Frank Apisa,
I'm sure you would approach your work with noble intentions
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 11:52 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Such as???

Do you foresee no way in which society can suffer in the name of sexual freedom?
Quote:
No reason not to fear a god or establishment authority...but to call it "worship" or "deep abiding love" is just lying.

Do you see no way in which an individual could have "deep abiding love" for a god that would ask for obedience?
Frank old friend, you appear to be hooked on the word fear. If it makes you feel better, the word rendered fear is "Phobos" which is also translated also as "respect" and "revere".
If you are referring to the fear of eternal damnation, you might be pleased to know the bible does not support Platonic theory.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 01:43 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

Quote:
Such as???

Do you foresee no way in which society can suffer in the name of sexual freedom?

You made the statement...and I am asking what YOU see to be those things.

So once again...such as???

Quote:

Quote:
No reason not to fear a god or establishment authority...but to call it "worship" or "deep abiding love" is just lying.

Do you see no way in which an individual could have "deep abiding love" for a god that would ask for obedience?

I think anyone who would pretend to love that disgusting god described in the Bible is lying. I may be wrong...but personally, I would not piss on that god if its robes caught on fire.

Quote:
Frank old friend, you appear to be hooked on the word fear. If it makes you feel better, the word rendered fear is "Phobos" which is also translated also as "respect" and "revere".

Really.

And why are you mentioning this, because I was not talking in any way about the word fear as used in the Bible...was I?

Did you just use this argument, because people like you use it whenever the word "fear" is used in a discussion of religion?

Try to keep in mind that the time to use this particular bit of nonsense is when someone is referring to "fear of god" as mentioned in the Bible.

Quote:

If you are referring to the fear of eternal damnation, you might be pleased to know the bible does not support Platonic theory.

Yeah...I know. Plate tectonics is about something completely different.
Wilso

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 02:53 pm
@Woman4Christ,
Woman4Christ wrote:

Yes it disgusts Him, why? Well for many reasons, but to name a few... Homosexuality is an abomination, its lustful and not in love. Homosexual thoughts derive from demons, and God sees that.

Homosexuals are deceived, if only they could see in the spiritual realm. Anytime a homosexual engages in homosexual acts in the real world he is in fact having sex with demons and worshipping demons with his body in the spirit world.

God permitted the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah for that very reason.

Somebody put this crazy, dangerous bitch in a cage, before the deplorable **** hurts someone
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 03:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I am asking what YOU see to be those things.

I think over tiredness for one my friend Smile

Quote:
I think anyone who would pretend to love that disgusting god described in the Bible is lying. I may be wrong.

fair comment Frank, if the god you speak of was as you perceive him to be, I don't imagine I'd have much time for him either.

Quote:
why are you mentioning this?

It was my mistake Frank, I did indeed think you were hinting at the biblical use of the word. Usually a low hanging fruit in such discussions, but I should have known you're above that.

Quote:
Plate tectonics is about something completely different

my thoughts entirely Smile but still an interesting subject

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 06:21 pm
@Smileyrius,
Thank you for a kind response, Smiley. I got a bit riled in my post...and you responded with dignity.

The only comment I would make in return comment to you is about you statement:

Quote:
fair comment Frank, if the god you speak of was as you perceive him to be, I don't imagine I'd have much time for him either.

With all the respect in the world for you to think otherwise, I say that the god described in the Bible IS as I perceive it to be. Certainly a lot closer to how I perceive it than most of the theists I've heard address this issue.

The god is actually only described in the first few books of the Bible...Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.

The description is of a monster...a jealous, vindictive, quick to anger/slow to forgive, vengeful, dictatorial, ruthless, homicidal, petty tyrant...a monster that would make Hannibal Lecter seem like a decent fellow.

The rest of the Bible pretty much is just a bunch of ass kissing.

Name the things the god says and does in those first five books that you consider kind, loving, and charitable...and I will name two that show a barbaric monster.

Let's see who runs out of material first.

layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 11:38 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The description is of a monster...a jealous, vindictive, quick to anger/slow to forgive, vengeful, dictatorial, ruthless, homicidal, petty tyrant...

I know a person in real life who fits that description, Frank.

Me.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 05:10 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Quote:
The description is of a monster...a jealous, vindictive, quick to anger/slow to forgive, vengeful, dictatorial, ruthless, homicidal, petty tyrant...

I know a person in real life who fits that description, Frank.

Me.

Okay...but the money we use for our commerce does not contain the phrase, "In Layman we trust."

Monsters are something we have to put up with; we've probably got more around than we acknowledge. It is this demand that we worship and trust the monster that has me riled.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 10:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . Let's see who runs out of material first.
Not fair, Frank. The whole world changed in Genesis, chapter 3. A different god now in charge.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 10:33 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . Let's see who runs out of material first.
Not fair, Frank. The whole world changed in Genesis, chapter 3. A different god now in charge.

What would make it "unfair?"

Use the god that you think is in charge after Genesis chapter 3.
neologist

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 10:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
More events described after chapter 3 than before.

The act of submission by Adam and Eve to the suggestion of the serpent gave him the authority (for a time) over mankind.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 10:42 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

More events described after chapter 3 than before.

The act of submission by Adam and Eve to the suggestion of the serpent gave him the authority (for a time) over mankind.

Stop, Neo...you are embarrassing yourself.

You seem to put so much stock in the disgusting sting of the Adam and Eve thing...that it clouds your mind.

Take the god you claim takes over after Chapter 3...and use it for the challenge.
neologist

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 11:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
Perhaps your assertion of sting may simply be an attempt to deny consideration of God's sovereignty. If, for a moment, you allowed my point of view, you would see, at the very least, the rest of my exegesis follows.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 11:28 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Perhaps your assertion of sting may simply be an attempt to deny consideration of God's sovereignty. If, for a moment, you allowed my point of view, you would see, at the very least, the rest of my exegesis follows.

The point you are supposed to be responding to, Neo...is my contention that the god of the Bible is a monster...a jealous, vindictive, quick to anger/slow to forgive, vengeful, dictatorial, ruthless, homicidal, petty tyrant.

And the god is that.

If you want to think the god has "sovereignty"...do so. Just don't pretend it has anything to do with love. It has to do with abject terror.
neologist

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 12:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . And the god is that. . .
And that is your license. I do wish it does not come back to bite you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 12:27 pm
@neologist,
Smart move on your part not to accept the challenge.

Go JINTS!
neologist

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 01:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Smart move on your part to raise the victory flag.

May the Jints take the division!
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 01:25 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Smart move on your part to raise the victory flag.

Not nearly as smart as yours to avoid the challenge.

Quote:
May the Jints take the division!

Yeah! The Division.
0 Replies