I got a tatoo today!

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 04:24 pm
Kottke's good, very good, but he doesn't talk about my home.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 06:20 pm
You guys with tattoos might enjoy this snippet !

<<New York University psychology professor Paul Vitz argues in his book, Psychology as Religion, that "cosmetic mutilation has now been able to enter the mainstream culture only because of the revival of paganism and the eclipse of Judeo-Christian ethics.">>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 06:22 pm
hmmmmmm, so is this where we debate whether tattoos are mutilation?
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 06:46 pm
ehBeth

The quotation epitomises Paul Viz's ethical rejection of the "cult of the self"... but feel free to to debate his premises by all means.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 07:50 pm
Way cool Mr. Apisa! And I'll bet it spells Chatanooga, Tennessee ......... ?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 08:29 pm
Shorty's Bar and Grill?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 01:39 am
ehBeth, just saw Colin Linden with his cool alter ego band, Blackie and the Rodeo Kings, at the Edmonton Folk Fest. Every year he comes in a different incarnation. One year with Colin James another with 'keb 'mo, or wilso picket ect. He just produced a stellar jhonny cash tribute album. I think he's an underated genius.
As for the triology, about the time he was given the governor general's award, they has a great Lightfoot documentary on CBC . Very interesting character, I always loved his music but I know have a deeper apreciation for his talent.
Ceili
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 10:45 am
Colin Linden is extraordinary, isn't he? I can't imagine not liking anything he works on. The variety of his interests - the range of his talent - WOW!
... and any opportunity to see him live - GRAB IT!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 03:58 pm
Stephen the second and I got tattoos today....squinney is most unhappy..........
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 04:21 pm
Well don't leave us in suspense, what is the new tattoo/s???
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 05:08 pm
Share share share!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 06:07 pm
I got a simple barb wire bracelet on my left wrist...nice though...stephen got a really cool winged heart pierced with a long sword.....21st. birthday present....

I'm next getting "Or What?" tattooed on my chest....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 06:10 pm
Most excellent!

and the pix will be posted soon?
Of course.
:wink:
0 Replies

angie

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 08:46 pm

Great thread.

Excellent tatoo, Frank. It makes you even hotter than you have always been !

I would love to get one someday. Something whimsical or irreverant, or perhaps something meaningful. And I'm thinking I would definitely want to locate it in a personal place.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 04:44 am
the new bipolarbear tat. they're bothin the member photo galleries right now. you can go there to click on them - and see them in a larger format

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10008/thumb_bpb_s%20tattoo%20resized.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 04:49 am
stephen the second's tat

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10008/thumb_steven%202_s%20tattoo%20resized.jpg

edit - i can't this one to show. i'm going to send a help! note to the forum help.

edit - i got the answer, and i'll come back and fix it later. gotta run. work.

edit - i think i've got it now!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 07:58 am
Frank have you scheduled your second yet?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 10:51 am
Think I will wait a while for second ink, Bear. But don't suppose that it hasn't crossed my mind.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 10:58 am
it's sooooooo addictive.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 11:12 am
I'm getting my chest done ASAP. I have to collect the money from Steve Quinney fans at my karaoke shows because I can't spend family money on them, but I always put out an "elective surgery" fund raising jar when I want a piercing or now a tattoo, and people happily contribute. Later on in the night. When they've been drinking. That's when I really feel the love. It's so odd that I have to leave home and go to work to be around women who think I'm something and I choose to come home to squinney whose opinion of me is fairly low. Well, that's love. Life is odd at times. :wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 08:37:33