I got a tatoo today!

the prince

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 03:27 am
Heliotrope,

Selfridges has just opened a tattoo parlour !
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 03:47 am
Really ?!!!
Wowser.
I'll run a Google for that.

Thanks !
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 10:27 am
Frank, very cool! I like it a lot Laughing You don't look grouchy at all.

And I had to go back and look at the quilt. Looks beautiful - your wife must also be quite an artist - like the tattoo guy...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 11:04 am
urs

The tattoo guy -- was a gal.

And she was talented.

Thanks for all the nice words.

Thanks to everyone.
0 Replies

EileenM

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 11:07 am
nice one!
I find it pretty interesting when people get tattoos in the first place. My boyfriend has his tribe's symbol around his heart. Very meaningful and sexy (hehe). Does anyone else have a story behind their's?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 07:16 pm
Totally awesome Frank ;-) Gus had me going back to look at the quilt as well and my compliments to your wife for her very fine quilting.

A friend of mine just had a tatoo done last week and it has already faded a lot and she's very disapointed about it. I guess they never told her that she needed to keep it out of the sun for awhile and it had constant exposure to the sun ;-(
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 07:55 pm
Well, that's no good, is it? I know that when I had my first pre-tattoo interview and in the after-care instructions, I was advised to keep the tats out of the sun for as long as possible, and to use Tattoo Goo under sunscreen for at least a year. It does seem to have helped to keep them looking fresh.

Tattoo Goo has pretty decent aftercare info on their website.

Will your friend be able to go back for a free touch-up, Montana? It's standard at the place I go.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 08:09 pm
She says that they never told her anything at all about how to care for it, which is a real shame. I told her she should go back and have them do it over, but the place is in Nova Scotia and she's in New Brunswick without any transportation. She's my sons girlfriend and she's only 17, so traveling is a problem for her. She showed it to me tonight and it's VERY faded to the point that it looks like one of those temporary ones that wore off :-(
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 08:12 pm
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad

i guess she'll know to ask you for advice before she gets another tat. (has she seen yours?)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 08:22 pm
I told her that she needs to stay out of the sun as long as possible, so now she knows. She has seen mine, but mine has faded over the years since I've had it since I was 16 and I plan on getting another one to cover it. Now that I think about it, I'm gonna look around for a place around here to get it done.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 08:38 pm
I have 2 tats 1 is of a lil dood lifting weights as it is my life long goal to stay fit the other is of a symbol I made a drawing of that stands for my son my wife and I as a family and can be added on as needed Smile My cousin is a tat artist I get mine free. I was 13 when I got my 1st 1 done but I don't regret it as I thought about it a looong time before I got it Inked
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 08:43 pm
Sounds great, safecracker! Any pix of the tats?
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 12:31 am
I will take some asap and show yall
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 05:38 am
Mine gets some sun (I play golf every morning -- and I spend some time at the beach) -- but I've been using suntan lotion.

Looking forward to seeing those other tats that have been promised.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 01:02 pm
Frank, be sure to use some of the special lotion for tattoos, under the sunscreen, unless it's a tattoo specific sunscreen. Many of the sunscreens contain ingredients that kind of dissolve tattoos. That's why a good artist/shop will give you aftercare directions including a list of ingredients in lotions that are detrimental to ink.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 08:31 am
First Frank, very nice job!!!

Second, get a sunscreen that doesn't contain to much water, because that could dissolve the color pigments in the tattoo! My first tattoo artist told me that, and I've never put any kind of cream on my tats that contained water, and they still look like new!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 08:34 am
Thanks EhBeth and Bigdice.

Ya can never get too much advice on something like this.

I'm gonna talk to the artist next week -- but I gotta be careful. I'm already thinking of second ink -- and I ought really to think that out a bit more.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 10:54 am
Frank - they're addictive!

I've spent a bit of time this morning trying to take a pic of the tat I got in June. Didja know it's not that easy to take a picture of your own back?

I'm trying to get the nerve up to go out and ask a neighbour to do this. The problem is that they'd have to see a bit more of my butt than any of us would probably be comfortable with. Confused

why am i telling you this? well, cuz the pix i've got so far show parts of the tat - and it looks good! and it makes me want to call Grazzhopper and say - i know i said i'd be back next year, but i want the next one NOW!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 10:57 am
this is the stuff i use - they've got a good product line and really helpful information.

http://www.tattoogoo.com/

addicted. i'm addicted. i'm planning the next section of what i want on my back Shocked
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 12:22 pm
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/03/B2/plantstraveldogsandpix/1/3.jpg

http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/03/B2/plantstraveldogsandpix/1/4.jpg

I'll replace these with a better pic next week (i hope).
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 1.08 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 07:30:31