I got a tatoo today!

Montana

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 08:11 pm
Frank
If it wasn't in such a private area, I would have been happy to post a pic, so I guess you'll have to use your imagination ;-)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 02:27 am
I would love to get a tattoo (a very very Indian tradition) but the permanancy of it gives me the scares !!! I used henna tatoos quite a bit though and in one of the parties, I wore a shirt which had a pattern on one shoulder and the other side was shoulderless. The henna tattoo guy, replicated the excat pattern on my other shoulder - so u can imagine the effect !!!

I want one of a lizard clibing down on my shoulder towards the back - but........
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 05:19 am
A friend of mine was a Pisces, and got two opposite-facing fish tattooed in the arches of her feet, which was way cute. A word of warning though: don't get tattooed on the bottom of your feet. The tats sloughed off within a month Sad
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 06:52 am
Speaking as someone who has real trouble deciding what to have for his dinner, getting a permanent tattoo doesn't seem like a very good idea...

I did see a photo of a skater years ago with a ring of flames around his elbow, which is what I would get if I could make my mind up for long enough to get it done...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 06:59 am
Seems like Henna tattoo is the answer for you Graham !!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:28 am
Welcome to A2K Graham!

Henna would be fun! Apparently they can do a surface ink tattoo which can last a couple of weeks. They get real black, looks good, at least at first.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:39 am
There's mine.http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDKAhwU0qbFuTnkKGe*z9ZdOQwD6yFE0uJ8hGiroWQWE2rPOusU0RDrj895czYrWZqnmparVCHRuazPBdrhzHSB!E6WYHuKhEl76WFFkAM/Tattoo.jpg?dc=4675432723244861270
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:52 am
Cool tattoo lil'k...

Graham, Selfridges has just opened a tattoo parlor where they do henna tattoos as well - but only in London !! Maybe when u next get a chance to come to LOndon, u can check it out !
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 09:22 am
I want to thank ehBeth and LittleK for showing us their tatoos. I have a friend who has a digital camera -- and I hope to see her this weekend -- so I may have my tatoo picture up soon.

Montana I understand your problem -- but luckily, I have a very vivid imagination, so...

Gautam, did you say you wanted a lizard climbing down you shoulder toward your butt?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 09:25 am
Frank Apisa wrote:

Gautam, did you say you wanted a lizard climbing down you shoulder toward your butt?

Yep !
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 10:19 am
Gautam, that was the same idea I had for my first tattoo. I'd done an archeaological dig in Utah and we made t-shirts of a lizard crawling over the shoulder to commemorate our stint.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 03:29 pm
Frank, I'm a bit late - but anyway... Congratulations!

And yes, I am also hooked. I got my first one when I was 30. It's a dolphin on my right hip. And I said I would never ever get another one...

Well, during our first vacation together, BigDice and I got tattoos in a town near Daytona. Mine is a little sun rising out of the water - the Daytona sunrise :-) It's on the inside of my left calf.

And last year I got myself another one for my 40th birthday. The Japanese kanji signs for courage - on my lower back.

And now it's BigDice's turn again...
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 03:29 pm
Oh, and I will try to post a picture - at least of BigDice's Calvin and Hobbes. You'll love it!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:24 pm
I like the idea of the Hennas myself, very intricate and interesting and not so long lasting. Its an option to trying it out for a while.
Cant wait to see Calvin and Hobbs...that must be great!

Okay..took me a bit to find it but, I know Ive showed the back side to the camera before Smile

http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/38/51/littlekb/27/2de.jpg

I guess with that maybe you cant tell that my avatar is an interpretation of that?
Well, so you cant really see it but, thats what is supposed to be
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 04:41 pm
Warning about the henna tattoos - try a tiny one first. Because of the plant material in them - i've had quite bad allergic reactions to henna tattoos when I tried them. Nothing like a happy Benadryl hummmmmmmmmmmm. :wink:

Nice tat, Quinn!
you know I love yours, msKris!

c'mon kids - more pix! urs ... frank ... big dice ... c'mon!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 08:09 pm
good point ebeth, something to keep in mind certainly regarding Hennas
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2003 06:01 am
littlek wrote:
Gautam, that was the same idea I had for my first tattoo. I'd done an archeaological dig in Utah and we made t-shirts of a lizard crawling over the shoulder to commemorate our stint.

Cool !! I bet it looked fab !! I really want this done, but as I said, the permamant nature + my fear of needles is preventing me from doing that.

Plus the fact that my mom would probably kill me Wink
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2003 12:56 pm
Ahhh...the woman with the digital camera was not able to make our little gathering -- but I will see her next week.

I'm dying to show off the tatoo, because I honestly think the artist did one of the best jobs I've ever seen.

But I don't have a digital camera of my own, and my goddam scanner causes me more trouble than....ahhh...

....we'll get 'em next week.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 02:51 pm
c'mon, Frank! doncha remember how people were always sitting on photocopiers in the 1970's? just angle yer leg over the scanner, and pray no one walks into the room! :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 05:51 pm
xxx
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 07:03:56