Am I Only One Who Enjoys Going To Work?

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 01:49 pm
not 100% of the time... but 85 to 90% of the time I love my work....always have... except for the short periods of time I had "regular" jobs....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,212 • Replies: 11
No top replies

contrex

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 01:58 pm
I enjoy my job. I recently changed jobs, so maybe there's a honeymoon effect, but I am happy with the nice people, the interesting work, the scope for development, and I took a 10% salary cut, so it can't be the money...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 03:13 pm
I like my work most of the time. I like it more when there are tough problems to solve and less when we don't have that much to do.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:05 pm
I work from home, get to help people fix problems with their computers, what's not to like?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:07 pm
I look forward to every day that I work, and sometimes even sign up for extra days.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:16 pm
I despise you all.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:20 pm
I own the company, so work doesn't feel like work any more. Work and life have become the same thing. Very strange.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:23 pm
I am very ambivalent.

Almost nothing gives me a deeper pleasure than knowing I am working really well...it's kind of a high...and I love the intellectual and emotional challenge, and the joy of seeing the effects of good work is intense.

But I find it extremely stressful at times, almost more than I can bear....and if I am doing a bad job, or get stuck, I feel really terrible.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:24 pm
I work from home too and get to design brochures and ads and newsmagazines for a hair care company so it's all beautiful women and thoughtful, appealing design (at least we try!) and I feel blessed and never for a moment do I forget about those in miserable jobs who think that's all there is. My heart aches for those people.

When I first learned the Mac about thirteen years ago, in a really great position with a major regional theatre, I could barely stand how excited I was to get to work every day. I'd turn that baby on at 9, look up and it was 10:30, look up again, 1:00pm, come back from lunch and next thing you know, it's 5:30. The days went by so fast, I couldn't believe it. It was crazy.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:44 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
I own the company, so work doesn't feel like work any more. Work and life have become the same thing. Very strange.

ditto
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:00 pm
dlowan wrote:
I am very ambivalent.

Almost nothing gives me a deeper pleasure than knowing I am working really well...it's kind of a high...and I love the intellectual and emotional challenge, and the joy of seeing the effects of good work is intense.

But I find it extremely stressful at times, almost more than I can bear....and if I am doing a bad job, or get stuck, I feel really terrible.

I wouldn't have your job for the world. Bless you for doing it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:14 pm
I have always liked my job. Lately, the physical aspect of it is beginning to weigh me down . . .
0 Replies