Gross Things In Your Life: Rated for Gross Factor: Warning

littlek

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:21 pm
ACK! After 5-6 days of oozing head wound it stopped. Sealed up. I did the wet compress thing a couple times just in case because there was still a small bump, but nothing came out. So I stopped messing with it. Now a week later, I scratch my head and what happens? It starts oozing again! Well, now my little bump is even littler. Dunno why it started up again, though.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 08:37 pm
Littlek, have you seen a dermatologist? Maybe there is something that can really dry it up.

This is really gross, but when things like this happen, I have always been amazed at how much schitt, pus, ooowee goo, our bodies can produce and keep producing ad nauseum.

ACCK!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 10:09 pm
Diane, I think it's fine. The original cyst had been drained in a Dr office once a long time ago. It had since grown. There's nothing that indicates it's anything than what I suppose it is (basically a blocked pore, but blocked by skin grafting over the pore). The warm compress and the, um, flushing of the cyst helps to keep the pore open. So, gross as it is, unless it gets infected, having it open up once in a while is a good thing. For now.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 11:20 pm
Oh good. At least a doctor has seen it. I think my ex brother-in-law had something like that on his neck and, like yours, it only needed flushing once in awhile.

Would life be as sweet if there were no grossness as contrast?

As long as we can share our grossnesses with each other?
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:09 am
I think life wouldn't be as sweet without the things like chunks of ear wax and pus filled zits etc. But since I became a parent I have been a picker (and a grinner)
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 11:41 am
LOL plantress, like finding raisins on the floor only to discover that they are tiny turds that escaped the diaper. Some of those memories are truly the sweetest and I'm sure you understand the concept.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 04:00 pm
ew, motherhood is gross!

So, I have a blistering sunburn for the first time ever, I think. I got the burn Sunday, it finally stopped hurting this morning. This afternoon I noticed a plethora of small blisters across the sunburned part of my back. It's hard to take a picture of one's own back, so this isn't a great shot. But, it definitely goes on this thread.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/Gigipix/Miscellaneous/verybadsunburn1.jpg

Now, do I pop the blisters or do I let them go on their own?
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 03:20 pm
pop them, pop them!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 05:37 pm
Don't pop nuttin', littlek. Let nature take its course.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 05:42 pm
eh, i always pop'em. it's just top layer of skin. i'm still alive with skin intact. plus it's soooo satisfying.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 06:16 pm
Most of the blisters were gone within 36 hours of that photo. The rest were gone soon after. They went on their own. Once they started, I tried to help them along. But, one can't really pop blisters on one's own back.

Now even the peeling is mostly done. The only really gross thing left on my body (as of this moment) is the poison ivy rash and it's as mild as it usually is for me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 07:23 pm
My back still feels a little scraped in small spots. Bad sign.

But, I come here with more gross news! My head cyst has given up another couple of plugs of geck. It's almost entirely flat! I feel happy. I feel lightheaded (by about a quarter gram).
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 05:24 pm
littlek wrote:
Round two or littlek vs. the cream cheese monster who lives on her head went pretty well.

last night i dreamt i had a cream cheese monster on my farhead.

a maraschino cherry popped out first.
then came the cream cheese, at which point i woke up...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 05:35 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
littlek wrote:
Round two or littlek vs. the cream cheese monster who lives on her head went pretty well.

last night i dreamt i had a cream cheese monster on my farhead.

a maraschino cherry popped out first.
then came the cream cheese, at which point i woke up...

Reg, Go back to sleep and see if a bit of cinnamon crust appears.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 05:41 pm
yum yum...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 07:11 pm
Erp.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 07:50 pm
Ew.

I missed the back blisters part... really not something to worry about except for as a symptom of getting too much sun. When I was young and reckless and not very well-supervised, I'd get burned pretty much every spring break, when I went to visit my grandma in Florida. I'd get those blisters. It's just about the top layer of skin being damaged, closing pores, so that sweat is trapped under it. When the blisters pop, the skin starts to peel. Then that's pretty much that.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:15 pm
Except that some of the websites I visited said that every time it happens you become twice as likely to get melanoma at that site. So, my chances may be 1% and now 2% or my chances may have been 20% and now 40%
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:19 pm
Right, that's what I meant about the sun damage part. Just, when people think "blisters" they usually think "allergic reaction" or something, i.e. that there is pus or whatever in the blisters. It's just trapped sweat.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:30 pm
Ah well, too late now, but I got sunburns regularly in my late teens and twenties, usually worse than the level of blistering littleK showed. I had to edit myself to not laugh at the mini blister worry. And I'm of the fair shouldn't burn variety of person.

I have a photo or two of me tan, now there was an achievement. Especially the one where I was both consumed with Montezuma's revenge and looking tan and if I do say so, pretty. Too bad I couldn't eat anything.

Corona del Mar, Zuma, Puerto Vallarta, La Paz. I eventually caught on that I was bored just soaking the rays, and that boredom was a good thing.
0 Replies