Gross Things In Your Life: Rated for Gross Factor: Warning

Chai

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 05:41 pm
kickycan wrote:
Chai, I read the one that he wrote called "Haunted" I believe. There was a story in it in the beginning about a kid masturbating in the swimming pool directly above the filter drain who ended up getting most of his intestines and stomach parts sucked down and stuck in the drain from out of his a-hole. He then tried to get out of the pool, but was stuck fast to the bottom of the pool by his own viscera, which he had to bite through to get free.

I thought you was just funnin' me.

But, here it is....GUTS

Boy, he sure can write.

In Fight Club, remember the ass fat scene? Where the biohazard bag full of rich ladies liposuctioned ass fat caught on the barb wire fence, as they were trying to sling it over?

Now THAT's entertainment.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 10:57 am
This would actually be a good topic for another thread, but I'm not on consistently enough to be a good thread manager. Here 'tis:

Richard Coniff posted a story on his blog about a stupendous new toilet facility in Chongqing.

This is a place I really don't want to see, but it was fun reading about it.

http://strangebehaviors.wordpress.com/2007/07/10/bathroom-bliss-in-chongqing/

Posted by rconniff on July 10th, 2007

A sign of changing times in modern China. Officials in

Chongqing are touting the construction of a 4-story,

1000-stall public toilet.

"We are spreading toilet culture. People can listen to

gentle music and watch TV," said Lu Xiaoqing, an official

with the Yangrenjie tourist area ("Foreigners Street")

where the big-box bathroom is located. "After they use the

bathroom they will be very, very happy.

Some of the plumbing is bizarre, including urinals shaped

like gaping, toothy mouths. The one that looks like Sister

Dorothy Joseph, or maybe it's the Blessed Virgin, would

stop me from peeing for a week.

It's a Freudian's perfect holiday side trip. You can see

some photos at

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/07/06/largest.loo.ap

/index.html#cnnSTCText (I swear King Tut is blushing!)

The video isn't too impressive, except for the King Tut

facade,

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/07/06/largest.loo.ap

/index.html#cnnSTCVideo
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 11:12 am
I love Palahniuk but I hated "Haunted". "Lullabye" was my favorite but mostly because I get to think about the Roadkill Jesus every time I drive down I-84.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 11:35 am
boomerang wrote:
I love Palahniuk but I hated "Haunted". "Lullabye" was my favorite but mostly because I get to think about the Roadkill Jesus every time I drive down I-84.

Rant is pretty good.

It's making me want to bolt a cappachino machine and demitasse cups to the roof of my car.

Hard to explain.

All I can tell you boom, is I would promote you directly to right rear seat lookout, as long as you had gas money.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 12:03 pm
I'm going to assume the lookout job is a complement.

I have a copy of "Rant" but haven't gotten to it yet. I've taken to buying in bulk when I get a chance to hit the bookstore so sometimes things take a while to get opened.

I think I'll put it in the next up position.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 12:05 pm
boomerang wrote:
I'm going to assume the lookout job is a complement.

well, it's better than left rear lookout....but not as good as front seat shotgun.
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 12:18 pm
Have any of you read "the Glass Castle"?

The plunger would have not gotten through that mess!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 05:50 pm
So, I have been swiping the head-cyst with HO after poking at it twice per day. I noticed last night that the hair in the general vicinity is now a shade lighter - oops.
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:46 am
I prefer to believe that the hair discoloration is caused not by the peroxide but by the toothpaste-like pus!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 12:04 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Why is it that, while disgusted, we seem to enjoy pushing the pus out of various things on our bodies?

Umm.. how many things do you have on your body to push pus out? Shocked Razz

(Is that a pregnancy thing? Smile )
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 12:20 pm
Hey, did y'all see that news story about the Chinese steamed buns that turned out to consist of "chopped cardboard, softened with an industrial chemical and flavored with fatty pork and powdered seasoning"?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 12:36 pm
Eeuwwww, that's disgusting.

On another thread, I posted about my newborn son having a bowel movement just before he came out.

Newborn poop even has a special name, "Meconium." It looks like black-green roofing tar. He was one of the ugliest babies I'd ever seen. When the nurses got him all cleaned up, there he was, a beatiful little blue/green eyed blond.

While trying to find the name of newborn poop, I came across this article. Not terribly disgusting, mainly very interesting.

15E-5
Growth inhibition on some food poisoning microorganisms by lactic acid bacteria isolated from feces of newborn baby
D. H. SHIN1, J. Y. Lee, and Y. S. Kim. (1) Dept. Food Science & Technology, Chonbuk National University, 664-14, Dukjin-Dong, Dukjin-Gu, Jeonju, 561-756, South Korea

It is well known that lactic acid bacteria (LAB) can inhibit the growth of bacterial pathogens by lactic acid, bacteriocin, and peroxidase produced by LAB. Due to prophylactic and therapeutic properties of live LAB, many products fermented by LAB are in market now. The feces of newborn baby could be good source of LAB, which are easily adapted to human intestinal.

The objective of this study was to isolate the LAB which have bile and acid resistant, and confirm the inhibition activities to some food poisoning bacteria (FPB).

The feces from 61 healthy newborn baby were obtained and thoroughly mixed them with anaerobic solution. The mixtures were inoculated on LBS agar and incubated in anaerobic chamber at 35° C. The acid tolerance at pH 7.0, 3.0, and 2.3, and bile tolerance at 0.25-1.0% of bile salt to the isolates were conducted.

Finally 17 isolates were screened and tested inhibition to L. monocytogenes, B. cereus, S. Typhimurium, S. Enteritidis, S. aureus, and E. coli O157:H7. After 24 hr incubation of each isolate in MRS broth, the filtrates of D2 and F35-2 strain inhibited growth of all FPB tested at 20% addition level in the broth. Co-incubation of FPB with D2 and F35-2 strain also reduced bacterial number in 3-8 log. Antimicrobial activities of the broth of D2 and F35-2 were reduced after neutralization but catalase treatment showed only to F20-3. The trypsin, pepsin, and heat treatment (121° C, 15 min) were not affecting the antimicrobial activity of test LAB. The isolates were identified as L. plantarum (D2) and L. fermentum (F20-3) by 16S rDNA sequencing method.

The LAB isolated from feces of newborn baby can be utilized to control food poisoning bacteria in food processing and to develop new fermented products having probiotic effects because those have high bile and acid tolerance.

Session 15E, Nutraceuticals & Functional Foods I
8:30 AM - 12:00 PM, 2002-06-16

2002 Annual Meeting and Food Expo - Anaheim, California
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 04:16 pm
ugh, whooda thunkit?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 06:33 pm
Never in my wildest dreams, until I saw it for myself!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 06:52 pm
I've made those Bao (steamed buns) with different fillings. No big deal.. I just don't get this adulteration crap. (Actually I do get it, and don't know quite how the chinese authorities can deal with it across the land....)

Beheading some head guy (if I remember correctly) doesn't seem useful or thoroughgoing.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 06:53 pm
Diane, maybe that's why I always go for a yogurt when my stomach feels queasy?

Osso, was that top official killed because of the food contamination?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 06:58 pm
If they had made the Bao buns with baby turds, they probably would be considered a health food. And vegetarian.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 08:10 pm
Just read the "guts" story. Shocked Shocked Shocked

...can you really get pregnant in a swimming pool? wouldn't the chlorine kill the sperm rather quickly?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 08:35 am
i had some sot of cyst on my neck when i was younger, they cut it open and the pus was yellow black and green.

WTF was in my neck exactly? LOL i sitll dont know! i thought i was hallucinating the colors were pretty vivid, not the usual pus colors you think of.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 09:01 am
OGIONK - ew! Blood can sometimes look black - but green?
0 Replies