Tell us your most disgusting FIRST HAND fast food experience.

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 07:39 pm
I say FIRST HAND, but what I really want are disgusting fast food stories that you could personally verify. You or someone you KNOW, plus an eyewitness backed it up.

KFC had free range rats on video. Bingo.

Please no friend of a friend's mother's boyfriends cousin tarantula in the bananas urban myths!

Rockhead

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 07:45 pm
@ibstubro,
when my sis worked for McArchies, about 30 years ago, a kid got fired for pissing in the pickle barrel.

she still orders her quater pounder without....
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 07:47 pm
@ibstubro,
I had a friend that went into Hardezz and got a roast beef sandwich to go.

He's in the car munching away, and he feels a rough bit in the meat. He stops and looks closer. It's a >>Band Aid<<!!

He takes the sandwich back to the store, waits in line, and quietly shows the girl behind the counter hhis sandwich and says something to the affect "I found this."

She turns her head and yells over her shoulder, "HEY, did one of you lose a BAND AID??"

True story.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 08:00 pm
Once, McDonalds offered a specialty cheeseburger that they sold for a month or so. It was heaped with different kinds of cheese. Well, normally, I do not care for cheese, any place but cheeseburgers and Mexican food. I thought "It's a big cheeseburger for McDonalds. I have to try it."
After one bite, that disgusting cheese had me spitting and washing my mouth out for nearly a half hour. A mouthful of excrement would likely have been as tasty.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 10:11 pm
I ordered a submarine sandwich in a local joint once. It was supposed to contain the usual veggies and cheese and several meats including italian sausage. I thought the first bite tasted a little funny. By the third bite, I was sure something was wrong. I took the sandwich apart and found that the italian sausage was completely raw. I took it back up to the counter and got my money back. Unfortunately, I had eaten enough to get food poisoning. I was in the hospital for nearly a week. Naturally, there was no evidence left so I couldn't prove a thing. But I am happy to say that the shop went out of business shortly thereafter.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 10:29 pm
not fast food but when I was working at a mall family restaurant in the 70's one guy dumped over a 15 gal bucket of spaghetti sauce onto the floor. He used the dust pan to collect it, put it back in the bucket, and put the bucket back in the walk-in.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 10:58 pm
Hung over and on a road trip with my friends, we stopped off in a little country town and I purchased a mince and cheese pie from the local shop, I munched into it and on the 3rd bite I bit into what I thought was a small bit of grissel...pulled the pie away from my mouth and with my teeth still clenched on it, out came a 20cm long tendon or ligament thing, something long and pliable anyway.
I tell ya it made the ol' nashers water what ever it was.
To this very day I refuse to eat store pies.....I still shudder at the thought.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 10:30 pm
I found a cigarette butt in a pie.....tasted terrible. Nearly put me off eating around it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:25 am
@ibstubro,
At a very good motel in Oak Ridge Tenn, I was having breakfast with a colleague. He ordered pancakes and they were delivered from the kitchen with a topping that was probably not in the recipe book. There were some dead roaches lying atop the stack of pancakes. WHen my colleague called the manager over to see what excuse they would come up with .We were not disappointed. The manager, with a strait face, told us that their program of keeping the kitchens sanitary and insect free was based upon a careful daily metered spraying of potent pesticides. So now, my colleague not only had dead roaches on his pncakes, he was given a reasonable reason why they were there in the first place. (Im sure the nanager is in marketing these days because he did that entire speech as if it were a "plus" to be staying at a Ma_ _ _ _ t). We left without paying and have uased this as an intro to our conversations every time we meet for brekfast (never at any motel restaurants of course).

Apparently, as the cooks had the pancakes on the prep area, the roaches, now full of pesticide and surely realizing that they were dying, ran up to my collleagues pancakes before they put the butter pat thereupon, and then, shortly after climbing atop the stack, they expired (there were three). The forensic evidence was all there(unless the chef had thought enough to arrange them on top of the pancakes as a"surprise topping".
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:42 am
@Eva,
That's a harrowing story Eva. Embarrassed

I hope you don't have PTSD or Post traumatic sausage disorder. Confused
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:43 am
Similar to these fast food tales is an incident I experienced about twenty years ago, from a well known grocery chain's bakery. I brought home a loaf of their brand of bread. That evening, we made sandwiches with it. I enjoyed a bite or two before noticing that the next one tasted very odd. Held the food back a bit and looked at it. Encrusted like jewels in the bread slices were rat droppings. I saved the rest of the loaf for a time. For about a week I experienced a new to me form of mental anguish. Honestly, I thought about filing a lawsuit. Which is why I put the bread down the garbage disposal. But I no longer shop in any of those stores.
farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:52 am
@edgarblythe,
I usually dont condone trivial lawsuits but in your case, I would have wished that youd asked us for advise (SHOULD I SUE OR NOT?). Id have voted for "Sue the bastards" We supposedly have laws to govern such a blatant violation of health and safety regs. You copuld have had permanent dmage to your immune system, some vile viral visitor, or just as bad, a permanent revulasion toward baked goods.
Rt turds in a sammich would freak me out and Id be calling Skadden Arps or Dechert Price and Rhoads for legal assistance.

Jeezus Edgar you gotta quit bein such a nice guy. See the movie "Me Myself and Irene" to see what can happen when you keep it bottled up without any civil action.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 05:01 am
@farmerman,
Geez, fm. I didn't own a computer then.
farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 05:18 am
@edgarblythe,
thats no excuse dammit. You shoulda "beeped me"
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 05:50 am
@ibstubro,
A very recent one -- just a few weeks ago. I had green gazpacho from Whole Foods, which includes some chunks of avocado. I was eating happily enough while reading the paper, saw a chunk, bit into it expecting avocado, and then dashed to the sink.

It was a big blob of some sort of greasy substance that my husband decided was probably lubricant for the blender that the gazpacho was made in. It had no particular taste but the texture and clinginess was absolutely horrible. Took quite a while to get it off of the roof of my mouth. Quite like taking a bite of vaseline.

There were several more lesser chunks left. I took the whole thing to Whole Foods. They readily refunded my money but the guy was really uninterested in my story. Uh-huh, uh-huh. I offered to show him the chunks in the remainder and he wouldn't look.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 08:19 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

That's a harrowing story Eva. Embarrassed

I hope you don't have PTSD or Post traumatic sausage disorder. Confused

Laughing Laughing Laughing Good one!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 11:10 am
@farmerman,
Those pancakes would have been extra crunchy...

I can just picture the manager with his straight delivery..

0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:19 pm
@farmerman,
YEARS ago, we had a Mexican restaurant that also specialized in 'Broasted Chicken'. It was an established fact that the odds were decent that you'd get a 'Broasted Cockroach' with your order. I think they did a big business clear up until the building was bought and torn down to expand the hospital parking lot. I know that the medical personnel were a good part of their business.

Ah, good times.
Good times.
;-)
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:39 pm
I've been served pizza a al cigarette butts, green sausage rolls in Yorkshire, a pink McChicken, but the worst was the slightly sour cream of tomato soup I unfortunately ate in New Delhi's airport. I don't think I've ever been that sick before. And let me tell you that the worst part of it was the over night train through the hot and steamy Thai countryside I took later that day, just as the convulsions and spewing started. It lasted 4 days. The view from hotel I stayed in Chang Mai was extra special. There were 20 or so, old, stained pink toilets sitting haphazardly, mocking me from the adjoining roof. Good times...
ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:49 pm
@Ceili,
I think you get a prize for that situation, Ceili.
0 Replies