Gross Things In Your Life: Rated for Gross Factor: Warning

Diane

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 01:22 pm
The only gross thing I can remember is after doing the laundry, while folding, I found a frog, dead but clean and squished, in the pocket of my son's jeans.

Since I was in the process of raising two sons, it really wasn't as awful as it sounds, especially after finding a snake slithering down the stairs and a pile of dirty laundry that had been hidden for several months.

It really started when my older son came home from kindergarten and asked me, "What is red and green and goes two hundred miles an hour?" As many of you know, the answer is: "A frog in a blender." At that point I knew I had many more years of grossness in front of me.

Thank gawd I'm not very squeamish about things.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 01:32 pm
So one time when I was a teenager, my brother comes running up to me all pale, with all these littel green gooey spots on his face. He's like, "Is there anything on my face?" I'm like, yeah, there are all these little green things." He says, "I just ran over a huge frog with the lawnmower."

I won't go into the mechanics of how he ended up with it on his face, since that would entail going into way too much detail about the slanting of the yard, how far he was leaning over at the time, and other not-so-engrossing details, but believe me, he did have frog guts all over his face, and it was disgusting.

Okay, not as gross as cysts and draining pus, but still, can you imagine seeing a frog just before you run over it with the lawnmower, but it's too late, and the big slimy thing disappears under the blades and his guts spurt from the back of a lawnmower into your face?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 02:43 pm
I can't really compete with the pus stuff. This is not a competition, right? Just grossness.

My cat spotted a mouse and chased it up into the couch. I opened the couch (a covertible sofa) and saw the mouse running around in circles. I closed the couch and went for help. No super, no porter available. I had to deal with this alone! Shocked Gathered a stick, gloves, a pail. Reopened the couch. The mouse got flattened when I had closed it. Flat as a pancake. Flat as a sheet of paper. FLAT. This grossed me out.

I had radiation in my abdominal area. This does unkind things to one's nether regions. Diarrhea and diminished muscle capacity. Need I say more? Feh pooh.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 03:30 pm
Yep, Roberta, feh pooh sounds just right...
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 03:44 pm
okay, I'm grossed out by reading this thread.

One hot week at work, I picked up what I thought was my soda, only to discover it was a soda that had been sitting there long enough to develop a thick fungus on top. The chunks in my mouth were gross.

Lesson learned: make sure the soda is still cold before drinking.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:33 pm
When I was about eight, a friend of mine and i were having a grass fight, just yanking grass out of the ground and throwing it at each other (!!!) and, not looking, I buried my hand in a big, fresh pile of reddish brown doggy poo. I screamed, everybody else screamed and ran away from me and I was so humiliated and mortified. It was squished in between my fingers. Yuck!!!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:19 pm
I once ate an Oscar Mayer weiner.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:25 pm
Cue Roseanne Rosannadanna.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:30 pm
I recently read about the side effects of that new diet drug that's been approved.

The manufacturer recommends carrying a change of clothing....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 06:09 pm
So much grossness....... poo stories are always gross.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:03 pm
Eeuwww eoe's doggy pooh story is one of the grossest. Pus, I can take, dead frogs, I can take, cysts I can take, but getting that stuff on your hands is excruciatingly disgusting--baby pooh is fine, but not anyone else's pooh thank you very much.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:10 pm
Hehehehe... I feel the same way, except even baby isn't exactly fine. It's inevitable, it's not thoroughly disgusting, but it's still a little gross.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:13 pm
Yes, littlek, so true, especially when it gets under your fingernails. UGH!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:17 pm
it's all so gross I can't think of gross
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:27 pm
Suddenly it's all coming back...

well, long ago and far away, or as they say in italiano, molti anni fa, I interned in as a clinical lab tech in a clinic and research foundation in southern california. Alas, in the clinic part, as the research part was doing hot dog stuff around that time. Why I interned there instead of a big city hospital I have to ask myself now, but so it goes. Something about how much fun it would be to live there..

Anyway, I had some pretty interesting classes in microbiology at my university, but I made some odd choices if I wanted a lab tech career, at least odd choices at the time. Something about bacterial cell metabolism... but I never did take parasitology. I had more advanced study in mind, but for financial reasons, went, after graduation, for the tech internship and license.

So, going into my parasit lab internship, I was stupid to start. I pored over texts at night. Everyone else in the other labs seemed to titter about the guy who was the tech there - shuffled, thick glasses. He was kindly to me, but I still knew relatively near nada, in my own opinion, though I crammed the basics. Each morning I had to get the stool specimens out of the dummy and process them. I saved everything in hopes he would catch stuff I didn't. He never did, but I was miserable. Then there were the stool specimens... the mountains of small ice cream cartons...

Man, I couldn't wait to get to hematology, which I loved.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:29 pm
I get one of those cysts on my tailbone of all places.

So right at the top of my ass crack , I can get this big ole' red thing that hurts so bad, I cant even sleep on my side from the pressure.

I used to go to the hospital and have someone cut it open and clean it out but I learned that a scorching hot bath will pop that thing on its own.

After about 30 minutes sitting in water as hot as I can take it, I can usually just push it.

And.. yeah.. to the toothpaste reference.
It is gross as hell though in the bath tub.
You can see every little thing that comes out , because it all floats on top of the water .

(barf)

smells like hell too
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:39 pm
For the love of all that is holy please stop women PLEASE.

All my fantasies destroyed. Crying or Very sad

I can't take it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:39 pm
Are you sure that's not your anal glands that smell so bad?

oy vey.

oh...sorry, I just got off the deli thread.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:40 pm
Ya wanna see it ? Very Happy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:47 pm
google images for anal sac if ya really wanna see something gross.
0 Replies