GWB the reincarnation of Ray Kroc?

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 05:22 pm
While it's true that Ray Kroc bought a McDonald's franchise and turned it into a mega-billion $ international empire; it's also true that GWB trashed an oil business that was bailed out by daddy's friends GWB went on to mange a partnership owning a baseball team. Ray Kroc say opportunity in the growth business of fast service over quality products, GWB saw opportunities in growth of the terrorism business. In fact, GWB saw so much growth potential that he has invested some 200 Billion $ of america's $ and thousands of lives in order to nurture his grown potential in the terrorism business and has taken it world wide, starting with a few isolated Islamic fanatics to potentially millions of franchises stretching from San Diego California all the way to San Diego California via Germany, Spain, North Africa, England and New York City.
ray Kroc hired Willard Scott to be the mascot Ronald McDonald, GWB hired Donald Rumsfeld to be his mascot. In 1968 Ray Kroc brought out the Big Mac; not to be outdone GWB brought out the Big Surge in 2007.
I'm thinking Ray Kroc was a successful businessman who knew what he was doing, I'm also thinking GWB has made some really bad decisions on the profitability of growth in the terrorism business.
The thing is to be elected in this nation today one must chase and capture billions of investment $ just to buy a chance to bid on a franchise. When one is bought with billions of $, be they Obama or Hillary or Mitt or Rudy or Fred, they will most likely remain beholden.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 453 • Replies: 6
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 09:45 pm
When one is bought with billions of $, be they Obama or Hillary or Mitt or Rudy or Fred, they will most likely remain beholden.

That's why the political system is corrupt, from top to bottom. We don't need a revolution, we just need to elect somebody to make the system function the way it's supposed to.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 10:40 pm
So true Edgar, but with lobbies as strong as they are and the dependence on them by politicians, the absence of government funded elections, I don't think it will ever happen.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:14 am
True. I believe the process has been so subverted, only a revolt on the part of voters can change it much- -and, being the obedient consumers they are, I don't think enough can see beyond their noses.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:33 am
Now and forever forth I will think of Dyslexia as a chicken McNugget.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 08:56 am
And very tasty indeed...
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 09:22 am
edgarblythe wrote:
When one is bought with billions of $, be they Obama or Hillary or Mitt or Rudy or Fred, they will most likely remain beholden.

That's why the political system is corrupt, from top to bottom. We don't need a revolution, we just need to elect somebody to make the system function the way it's supposed to.

What if we took "corporations"/ Trade Unions etc, out of the election fund raising process entirely.

These entities do not "vote" so their influence should never be involved in the process. That would include the so-called, endorsement process.
0 Replies