my latest series

squinney

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 06:34 am
I'm no artist nor critic, but I know what I like and, Vivien, I like what I see.

I too want to be able to walk past and "feel."
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 06:54 am
Vivien wrote:
this artist is showing with me and I really like some of his work

colin halliday

Just checked out this link, Vivien. Interesting, particularly the most abstract pieces, but I prefer yours. Subjective opinion. Smile

Do you work/paint together?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 11:47 am
msolga and squinney - thank you Smile Embarrassed

No I don't know him at all and hadn't heard of him until the show and I looked him up on the net. Yes, it's his more abstract works that appeal to me too. I'm delighted that you prefer my work because I was a bit daunted when I looked him up Shocked

The friends I paint with are on our group site and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention it - it doesn't sell anything, it's just our little showcase
They do some interesting work and we are all different - one member has never got around to giving me any work to put on the site Rolling Eyes so she isn't listed

The group is the Association of Leicestershire Artists if anyone wants to google it.

I'm off to a meeting with them tonight and a crit on a couple of the paintings
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 08:01 am
I'll definitely Google your group. I'm interested to know more.
You certainly run a busy artistic schedule, Vivien!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 07:41 am
it's up and down - at the moment it's hectic but I hadn't been doing a great amount since Christmas, just a few. I find I need the right light, when it's dull I don't like painting on big canvasses and I don't like artificial light Sad I have these mad rushes and then calm down for a while!

I had been sketching locally - I've started a series on local waterways, including an old packhorse bridge from medieval times and narrow boats (on the canals - very very long and very thin).

I'm having a weekend off. Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 04:04 pm
Vivien wrote:
I have these mad rushes and then calm down for a while!

I had been sketching locally - I've started a series on local waterways, including an old packhorse bridge from medieval times and narrow boats (on the canals - very very long and very thin).

I'm having a weekend off. Smile

What an excellent idea!
Take a break!
All that creativity & work can wear a girl down! Very Happy :wink:
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 12:41 pm
Just beautiful. I love seascapes and I think you captured the feeling so well. Everyone does the bright blue-green water on a sunny day- I am happy to see that you included different lighting and times of day. Good luck on your showing!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 03:30 pm
Thanks Smile delivery is getting near!

I now have 16 canvasses around the living room! - balanced on the TV, against the bookcases, on the sofa and walls - 9 finished and the others very nearly - I'm going to take the others to the gallery at the coast.

I like to have them in the living room to see what needs doing - himself will be glad to see the back of them I think!
0 Replies