Countries which are too friendly towards America

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 03:40 am
What do you, Americans, think about countries which rely on your protection so much that they almost wish to become the 51st state of the Union? I once heard about El Salvador's steps in this direction. Poland is nowadays close to that point. Of course, you worry about immigration, and then about some problems like subsequent secession.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 581 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 10:16 am
Its always nice to have friends and supporters, especially among national governments. We have no territorial ambitions. On the other hand, our government is primarily concerned with guaranteeing our national security and welfare against any aggression. Americans tend to be very compassionate, generous, but we may becoming more cynical as those we've regarded as friendly seem to regard us a soft-mark to be taken advantage of.

I think Poland is well-thought of here, and we admire the courage it took to defy the old Soviet Union. Poland has had a long history of being dominated by one empire or another, and it is very, very good to see it finally take control of its own destiny.

Welcome to A2K, and we hope to see more of your ideas, opinions, and writing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 10:22 am
Asherman wrote:
Welcome to A2K, and we hope to see more of your ideas, opinions, and writing.

literarypoland, Asherman, is been here for more than a year now, with quite some posts :wink:

http://i11.tinypic.com/4z1dnhx.jpg
0 Replies