Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:58 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 505 • Replies: 9
No top replies

revel

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 01:09 pm
Is that a joke by any chance? Surely the President of the United States, the Commander-in-Chief didn't say

Quote:
"I know the folks on our end didn't drop the ball," Bush said. "The civilian oversight of this war and the plan of attack has been brilliant. There's no doubt about that in my mind. Hate to say it, but maybe our men and women in uniform just aren't what they're cracked up to be."

Question Question
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 02:02 pm
revel wrote:
Is that a joke by any chance? Surely the President of the United States, the Commander-in-Chief didn't say

Quote:
"I know the folks on our end didn't drop the ball," Bush said. "The civilian oversight of this war and the plan of attack has been brilliant. There's no doubt about that in my mind. Hate to say it, but maybe our men and women in uniform just aren't what they're cracked up to be."

Question Question

The source is the Onion.

I admit to having a WTF? moment myself.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:01 pm
You think maybe he drinking or snorting again or something? How in the world can he ever get in front of the military again or for that matter any of the republicans since this will rub off on them (like it or not) and talk about our "great men and women in uniform?"
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:08 pm
The Onion is a satire website.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:09 pm
revel wrote:
You think maybe he drinking or snorting again or something? How in the world can he ever get in front of the military again or for that matter any of the republicans since this will rub off on them (like it or not) and talk about our "great men and women in uniform?"

Apparently you have never read the onion.
NOTHING it reports is true,its pure satire.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:28 pm
Embarrassed No, never have read the Onion and obviously didn't know it was satire. (never even heard (read) the word until I came here.) Live and learn I guess. Good thing I am used to getting embarrased. (Should have caught on with the wink and then when drew dad said "moment." Embarrassed Embarrassed)
0 Replies

HokieBird

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:05 pm
"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." - Demosthenes
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 08:08 am
HokieBird wrote:
"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." - Demosthenes

Nice quote; could come in handy around here.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 05:00 pm
Some very dark humour. Lets hope it wont be prophetic in some way or other..

(I mean, of course Bush wont ever say any of these things.. but who knows when he'll end up blaming the army leadership for the failure of his administration's plans.)
0 Replies