Saying goodby to the garbage man and other stories.

boomerang

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 03:11 pm
Yeah. The A2K mojo works!

Mr. B said the same thing - "I hope you guys like it."

I had narrowed the search down to a few schools and then we browsed the neighborhoods and really liked this one. I've seen pictures of the interior and exterior and I like it a lot.

If we hadn't had to move so fast on it - we thought we would have to spend a lot more to get into the area (there aren't many "fixers" around there) - I'm sure we would have taken time for all of us to see it.

After that, Mr. B didn't want me to see it because he didn't want me to be disappointed if we didn't get it.

He knows me pretty well. He done good.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 03:43 pm
To be honest: I can't think of anything worth more than $100 (besides presents) I would/could buy for indoors or outdoors without Mrs Walter haven't looked at it :wink:
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 03:56 pm
I know I shouldn't be quite so casual about life but that's just the way I am when it comes to anything that falls into the "thing" classification.

I did remind Mr. B that he bought this house while I was out of town and hadn't seen it and he replied "And that all worked out just fine, didn't it?" and well.... yeah... it did.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 04:04 pm
Let me just say that I've seen pictures of the house and based on those I'm ready to buy it myself!! (It's stupendously gorgeous -- upfront about fixer-uperness but the potential, oh the potential.)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 04:21 pm
Pictures? Did you say pictures?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 04:29 pm
They had taken the photos down so I didn't think I could post one but I just rechecked and they're still there.

It isn't a completely done deal yet but if everything works out.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/house.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 04:30 pm
oh!

that's a real shazam

good work, Mr. B. And, enjoy the work, Mr. B.!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 04:30 pm
Wowowowow!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 04:35 pm
The garbage man was wearing the hat.

That's important.

Oh the house is nice too
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 04:49 pm
It is pretty, isn't it?

The insides are kind of a mess but I like doing that kind of stuff and we know a few people in the trades so give us a few years and it will be great.

It will give us a little more elbow room than we have in our current house, which will be nice, but it isn't huge which earns a lot of points in my book.

Still, it is going to be very hard for me to leave this house.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 05:37 pm
Oooooh aaaaaaah!

It reminded me of this:
Quote:
...It was now three mornings since they had left their father's house. They began to walk again, but they always came deeper into the forest, and if help did not come soon, they must die of hunger and weariness. When it was mid-day, they saw a beautiful snow-white bird sitting on a bough, which sang so delightfully that they stood still and listened to it. And when its song was over, it spread its wings and flew away before them, and they followed it until they reached a little house, on the roof of which it alighted; and when they approached the little house they saw that it was built of bread and covered with cakes, but that the windows were of clear sugar...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 06:03 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
Oooooh aaaaaaah!

It reminded me of this:
Quote:
...It was now three mornings since they had left their father's house. They began to walk again, but they always came deeper into the forest, and if help did not come soon, they must die of hunger and weariness. When it was mid-day, they saw a beautiful snow-white bird sitting on a bough, which sang so delightfully that they stood still and listened to it. And when its song was over, it spread its wings and flew away before them, and they followed it until they reached a little house, on the roof of which it alighted; and when they approached the little house they saw that it was built of bread and covered with cakes, but that the windows were of clear sugar...

This is serious!

Mr B. is a (modern day) woodcutter as was the Father of Hansel and Gretal.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 06:07 pm
Uh oh.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 06:19 pm
I think its OK.

I re-read the story and they all live "happily ever after"
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 07:04 pm
It looks like an enchanted cottage! How exciting!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 09:58 pm
It's beautiful! I'm so happy for all of you that this worked out.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 10:43 pm
It's funny. When we mention the name of the hub-urb (the name we settled on to mean city but not inner city) out here in the real world people say "Oh, I love that area. It's just like the storybooks" -- almost like what they're saying here.

It's almost like something we were always promised but could never really find.

It is a great neighborhood. Mr. B is reminding me not to start counting chickens because it's not done until the papers are signed and I'm like "Look! A chicken. Can I pet it?"

With tentative little steps, I've started telling my neighbors. My family away from family.

And I think I'll miss the scarecrow most of all.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 11:16 pm
Oh, boomer!!! Oh!

It DOES look like my neighborhood!

Very Happy

(Mo is going to love it!)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 12:27 am
Boomer My advice at this time is not to tell people until at least a deposit is paid. Vendors are notorious for accepting the offer then when a higher offer is recieved reneging on the handshake deal. It is even possible for someone you tell to make an offer.

Loose lips sink ships.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:24 am
I'm with dadpad -- no talking until the papers are signed (superstition/legal training talking here). Smile

That having been said, it looks marvelous.
0 Replies