Fanfiction Writing Tips?

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 08:33 pm
Basically I'm rusty and need some advice/tips.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 6,353 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

somewhatsolved

Tue 30 Dec, 2014 07:17 am
@spacesword16,
Okay based on your name I'll assume science fiction as a base. Fan fiction comes from your the fan you have a story based on a favorite set of characters, worlds, uni/omi/omega verse and want to either a) alter a key event in the series and diverge from the incoming events or b) continue the series from some leave off point that the author left more or less open.

Now what you need to do is find a fan forum or site and build credibility then from there you start mini blogs with partials. Followed by your grand unveiling into the fan fiction writers of the copyright tracker list. DUDE THAT is a joke. Copyrights around fan fiction are fun look them up and have a good laugh 90% of the time their just plain funny.

So any other help required just ask.
0 Replies

jespah

Tue 30 Dec, 2014 09:39 am
@spacesword16,
It's like any other writing. Free associate. Consider what happened before, or after, a particular event. What happens when you introduce a new character or scenario?

I have successfully moved from fan fiction writing to actual original published writing. That can be done, too, if you want to go that route. Try Googling writing prompts.
0 Replies

rogerafrance

Thu 22 Dec, 2016 01:18 am
@spacesword16,
Do a lot of research on characters.just google the character as much research on character as possible so they can be in character.you should try to be a littile original with your story idea.
0 Replies

rogerafrance

Thu 22 Dec, 2016 02:43 am
@spacesword16,
Write about celebrities, movies, or characters you love but make sure your subject has a mass appeal.Don't spend too much time coming up with Most Original Story Ever. Just start writing.
0 Replies

diana2021

Fri 23 Apr, 2021 04:13 am
@spacesword16,
Recently I was told that writing fanfiction is not how it develops the author - as a writer. It's true? It seems to me that everything is just the opposite. The more you write, the more experience.
jespah

Fri 23 Apr, 2021 04:55 am
@diana2021,
There are a lot of people who have decided that they're experts on writing. Most of them are wrong in that self assessment.

Write. If fanfiction gets you writing, then write fanfiction.

50 Shades of Grey was Twilight fanfiction. Not that EL James is such a stellar author, but she is certainly successful.

Write.
0 Replies

Denise Winebrenner

Fri 21 May, 2021 08:15 am
I think most likely you need inspiration. I also have such moments when the writing does not go at all. It's okay, the main thing is not to scold yourself. Relax, read the texts of other authors, think about how you would improve them, what storyline you would add. Then just fantasize, no matter how real it will be, give free rein to your thoughts. And then you can write something, not necessarily a masterpiece, just a small text for yourself. I often do this and it helps me. I would be glad if it helps you too.
0 Replies