Saying goodby to the garbage man and other stories.

boomerang

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 06:58 am
No I haven't called her yet. I'm waiting for my life to settle down a little bit so any new people I meet won't think I'm completely insane.

Today's the day!

<gasp>

Wish us luck!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 08:07 am
LUCK!!!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 09:20 am
You've got a great new house in a great new neighborhood for your great little family. What more luck do you need?!

ENJOY!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 09:53 am
Best of luck, boomer!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 06:52 pm
Luck from here too! I hope today's going well.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 09:47 pm
WAGONS

ROLLLLLLL

http://historyforkids.utah.gov/fun_and_games/photos/images/picturestocolor/large/wagon_train_photo_large.jpg
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 10:35 am
I hope you love your new home. Best wishes from the Swimpys.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 08:46 pm
I'll light the fire
You put the flowers in the vase
That you bought today

Staring at the fire
For hours and hours
While I listen to you
Play your love songs
All night long for me
Only for me

Come to me now
And rest your head for just five minutes
Everything is good
Such a cosy room
The windows are illuminated
By the sunshine through them
Fiery gems for you
Only for you

Our house is a very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy
'Cause of you
And our la,la,la, la,la, la, la, la, la, la, la.....

Our house is a very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy
'Cause of you

And Our

I'll light the fire
And you place the flowers in the jar
That you bought today
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 09:43 pm
I hope all is tucked away soon enough. Sis is on the East coast for a couple weeks.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 06:29 am
Hadn't checked the thread for a while; here's hoping everythings going well!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 01:20 pm
Greetings from the flip side!

The last couple of weeks have been beyond crazy. It's probably a good thing that I just now have television and internet access because I've had so much to do what with trying to settle in here and get the old house ready to sell.

Mo had a few tearful days of wanting desperately to move back to the old house but now that school has started and he's met some neighborhood kids he's settling in great. School started last Wednesday and he loves the school (me too!) and his teacher and that has helped a lot. Mo wandered downstairs this morning very jolly because he had spoken to God and God had promised that he would take care of Mr. Ghostie in the old house and that he would speak with the toy makers to see what he could do to get them to make a claw style garbage truck toy.

So things aren't quite "normal" yet.

Like the bumps on Mo's leg that he swears control his behavior.....

He's too young for schizophrenia, I think, so I'm hoping that we can now really get settled so that the bumps will go away and God can live up to his promises.

The house is coming along slowly but it's fun. Having the floors done makes a big difference and I'm hoping to start digging in and getting things done soon. I was planning on embarking on some serious wood stripping before the weather got too cold and wet but after seeing the haz-mat crew doing lead paint removal a few doors down has rearranged my plans so I'll just be headed to the paint store instead.

Mo's puppy is growing by leaps and bounds and should be ready to move in with us in a couple of weeks. Mo is insanely excited.

It's all good.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 01:31 pm
Hey boomer!

That sounds really good overall... so glad he likes school and that he's settling in.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 02:31 pm
Hey back at'cha, soz! I've missed you.

Yeah, things are going pretty good -- really better than expected - but there is still so much to do.

We've found some cool little things after ripping out the carpets -- some of the red oak boards used were over 20 feet long. The stairs are made from slabs of fir - each about 2 inches think. Beautiful stuff. Even Mr. B is gaga over them.

I can't help but wonder what other little surprises the house has in store.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 02:40 pm
I've missed you too...!

Oooh, surprises sound good.

We have some beautiful old oak under the living room carpet, something we want to unearth at some point. We're finally-finally starting to get to work on the important things -- the next month might see us get a new roof, power wash the deck, and reseal the driveway. And sozlet's room just sprung a biggish, messy, paint-destroying leak (after we'd already started pricing roofers), and I swear that my first thought was "yay, now we really need to repaint her room!"
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 02:55 pm
New paint -- fun, new roof -- no fun.

We survived one big rain storm without the roof or basement leaking which surprised us all around. We are in desperate need of a new roof before the rainy season starts. I think they're supposed to start some time after next week. It will be a relief to have it on but jeez it's expensive.

Mo is really after me to get his room painted but it is such a wierd shape I'm not even sure how to start. This house presents some unique challenges to my painting abilities. I suppose I'll just dive in and get started. It can always be repainted. I'd really rather start with an easier project though.

Old houses are such fun!
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 03:05 pm
20 feet long?
What a great surprise in wood!
Very cool!

Glad to hear an update and that things are going well.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 05:19 pm
I very nearly planted some American red oak into a plantation here. The client ended up opting for Black walnut and Maple. His wife is Canadian. They will be planted next year now.

Our house is old too. The ceilings are 14 ft high and the ceiling boards are tongue and groove so when we painted it was on a scaffold. Each groove had to be cut in, then the roller over the rest of the board, then repeated for the second coat. The scaffold had to be moved along every 4 or 5 boards.

I hated that job. I was working 10 hours a day in a retail store at the time then coming home and painting for a couple of hours.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 06:18 pm
boomerang wrote:
Old houses are such fun!

Yes!

Good to hear from you, boomer. Glad to hear Mo is settling in. So much work, but so much fun to have a project! (Or 20)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 06:49 pm
boomerang wrote:
It's all good.

Nice.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 07:43 pm
Yes, it is nice. Very Happy
0 Replies