Page to Fame - New way to publish?

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 03:23 pm
The internet site www.webook.com is currently running a freely submitted contest for up and coming writers. It is called Page to Fame. People freely submit the first page of their book for webook forum members to read and rate. After about 200 ratings the submission advances or doesn't. Advancing authors then submit more and more of the book as they keep advancing, with the payoff being at some point a publisher might catch your book and take it out of mix for print, or if the book reaches the end webook's publishing company will print it.

http://www.webook.com --- look for the page to fame link

I have not submitted anything, but I sure am having fun reading the submissions. Just another possibly interesting FYI from you neighborhood forum lurker.

Cheers,
Russ
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,855 • Replies: 8
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 04:28 pm
@GoshisDead,
Sounds a bit like early rosedog, except the self publishing part.
GoshisDead

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 12:45 am
@edgarblythe,
I enjoy writing fiction, but have no talent for it so never submitted anything anywhere. I had never heard of things like this or Rosedog.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 01:02 pm
The first two efforts I read on the site were poorly written.
GoshisDead

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 01:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes, most of them are, I find them entertaining because of it. But I suffer fools lightly.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 06:22 pm
I have graded some more, since then. So far, they are all in need of extra work. Which does not mean that they all are hopeless, but the authors need some guidance.
GoshisDead

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 06:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have found a couple that i would like to see go on to the next stage. Interested me enough that i would read more. But I guess hey, that is why so few people are successful authors. Its hard and requires more than just English Skills
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 08:05 pm
I love it when somebody succeeds. When I come across a good write, I will push it as hard as I can.
GoshisDead

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 01:31 am
@edgarblythe,
amen to that
0 Replies