Jehovah's Witness refuses blood, dies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 09:16 pm
neologist wrote:
Would it help if I told you I don't believe in either creationism or intelligent design? Or the garden variety evolutionary theory.

It's not going to 'help' with anything, but it might be interesting if you told us precisely what you Do believe in.

Based on what you said above, you seem to have opted out of KJ Bible fundamental literalism (creationism), generalized creationism (Intelligent Design), and current scientific fact (the modern synthesis of evolutionary theory).

I'm guessing you follow some type of JW version of creationism which is squeezed in between one of the ideas above. Or maybe you have your own personal view of things which isn't quite JW either? Go for it.
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 09:37 pm
logic and religion are infrequent travelling companions
Mostly very true. However, true Christianity is logical, but it is "hidden" from most folks because it takes a measure of humility to accept the simple logic of the deep things Jesus taught. (Matthew 11:25, 26)
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 09:41 pm
Re: logic and religion are infrequent travelling companions
hankarin wrote:
Mostly very true. However, true Christianity is logical, but it is "hidden" from most folks because it takes a measure of humility to accept the simple logic of the deep things Jesus taught. (Matthew 11:25, 26)

How convenient for it.
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 09:56 pm
Ma, where's my shootin' iron ? ! ? ! ?
Before you start shootin, you might want to consider a similar situation: Early Christians were ordered to do something that folks back then didn't much like - PREACH. It brought upon them the hatred of many fellow Jews. Gamaliel (a Law teacher esteemed by all) made an interesting comment. You might like to read the account at Acts 5:33-40

Others wanted "to do away with them" but Gamaliel advised against doing so, saying that they might end up being "fighters actually against God."

When God says "Vengeance is MINE" he means it. No one else should dare to stand in God's place when it comes to taking vengeance upon those whom they consider to be "evildoers." Duly constituted governmental authority excepted. (Romans 13)

You never know: Jehovah's Witnesses may have God's approval even though they have the worlds hatred.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 10:06 pm
Re: Ma, where's my shootin' iron ? ! ? ! ?
hankarin wrote:
Before you start shootin, you might want to consider a similar situation: Early Christians were ordered to do something that folks back then didn't much like - PREACH. It brought upon them the hatred of many fellow Jews. Gamaliel (a Law teacher esteemed by all) made an interesting comment. You might like to read the account at Acts 5:33-40

Others wanted "to do away with them" but Gamaliel advised against doing so, saying that they might end up being "fighters actually against God."

When God says "Vengeance is MINE" he means it. No one else should dare to stand in God's place when it comes to taking vengeance upon those whom they consider to be "evildoers." Duly constituted governmental authority excepted. (Romans 13)

You never know: Jehovah's Witnesses may have God's approval even though they have the worlds hatred.

That's a whole bushel of assumptions you're starting with there. I'm not sure most of the world even knows what a Jehovah's Witness is, much less hates them. And then there's this 'God' you've whipped up to grant approvals. Which one of the millions of 'Gods' out there might you be referring to?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 10:16 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
neologist wrote:
Would it help if I told you I don't believe in either creationism or intelligent design? Or the garden variety evolutionary theory.

It's not going to 'help' with anything, but it might be interesting if you told us precisely what you Do believe in.

Based on what you said above, you seem to have opted out of KJ Bible fundamental literalism (creationism), generalized creationism (Intelligent Design), and current scientific fact (the modern synthesis of evolutionary theory).

I'm guessing you follow some type of JW version of creationism which is squeezed in between one of the ideas above. Or maybe you have your own personal view of things which isn't quite JW either? Go for it.
I ventured a thumbnail of my beliefs here:
http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2726215#2726215
Of course, Set sliced me and diced me as I thought he might.

And, as usual, he was wrong. Laughing
0 Replies

Talkactive

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 02:06 am
Neo you said in public that you vill answer questions and mostly of the time you copy the concept of the Watchtower Society everytime you get a specific question from eighter Elihu or me.

The question is, can I expect that you will answer whether Paul was an apostate or not, when he accepted that meat offered to Idols could be eaten in opposition to what comes fort in Acts 15:29! Abstain from blood and meat offered to Idols, if abstain in the Scriptures means an absolute a no no?

At the same time answer if it is the Watchtower Societys policy today that all persons will be resurrected, as you stated, where they for decades have spread the "God news Join us or die", in opposition to the Scriptures in John 3:16-18, which can be seen again and again in the their literature, where people are going to be destroyed and all members of the Watchtower Society are working around with a big smile on their faces.

To above inform or confirm that The Watchtower Society teach that only some elite JW's, among them members of the Governing Body, will go to heaven, since they teach that the 144.000 are literal and shall rule with Christ Jesus, where the rest shall be living at earth forever.

Pls. explain with your own words as the Watchtower say instead of posting references from the Watchtower CD.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 05:58 am
neologist wrote:
I ventured a thumbnail of my beliefs here:
http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2726215#2726215

Sounds like you're an ID Deist.

neologist wrote:
Of course, Set sliced me and diced me

Of course, that goes without saying Wink
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:44 pm
Which one of the millions of 'Gods' out there might you be r
In quoting from the Bible, I would be referring to the God of the Bible. Many today refer to him as the LORD, YHWH, JHVH, (compare TETRAGRAMMATON) Yahweh or Jehovah. This is the God that Jesus made known while he was on earth. (John 17:26 & Psalm 83:18)
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:56 pm
I'm not sure most of the world even knows what a Jehovah's W
Hitler sent German JW's to the concentration camps. Stalin sent JW's to Siberia. Folks in the US have opposed them, kicked them out of school, tarred and feathered them (no joke). They have been banned in Canada, Australia, countries in South America, Asia, Europe and Africa. They preach in over 235 lands around the world and there are over six million actively engaged in sharing the "good news" described at Matthew 24:14.

They are regularly ridiculed or joked about on national television. Johnny Carson and David Letterman have mentioned them on occasion.
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:06 pm
How convenient for it.
Hello rosborne979. No "convenience" is not really involved. It's more like "intelligent design." (See 1 Corinthians 2:6-16)
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:09 pm
Re: How convenient for it.
hankarin wrote:
Hello rosborne979. No "convenience" is not really involved. It's more like "intelligent design." (See 1 Corinthians 2:6-16)

Actually it's more like delusion. (See 1 Websters Dictionary V1.1)
0 Replies

Teleologist

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 11:21 am
neologist wrote:
In my own case, I would not object to having my own blood collected during surgery and replaced into my body.

But I thought JW's believed that injecting blood into their veins was not abstaining from blood. If JW's can have blood injected into their veins without violating Acts15:20,29 then on what basis are they forbidden from predonating their blood for a future surgery or even having a transfusion of donor blood?
0 Replies