German Drivers Got A Feng Shui Rest Stop On The Auotobahn

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 01:48 am
Drivers stressed by the speed demons on the German autobahn can now look forward to an oasis of calm and harmony at Europe's first feng shui rest stop, which opened Thursday.

The gas, food and lodging complex just off the A8 autobahn (between Stuttgart and Ulm) near the southwestern town of Gruibingen has been built using the ancient Asian design principles aimed at soothing even the most frayed nerves.

http://travel.discovery.com/news/afp/20030721/gallery/germany_goto.jpg

Quote:
German drivers to go for feng shui flow
July 25, 2003

Berlin - Germans stressed by the speed demons on the autobahn can now look forward to an oasis of calm.

Harmony awaits them at Europe's first feng shui rest stop. The fuel, food and lodging complex, just off the interstate near the south-western town of Gruibingen, has been built using the ancient Asian design principles aimed at soothing frayed nerves.

Calling the site the first of its kind in Europe, proprietors Tank und Rast said the main building's sweeping roof mimics the rolling hills of Baden-Wuerttemberg state, while feng shui advisers have ensured that the design allows an unhampered "energy flow".

Only calming colours and forms had been selected for the interior, the company said. - Sapa-AFP
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,152 • Replies: 3
No top replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:52 am
How is the rest stop doing?

Has it decreased bad driving habits perhaps?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:39 pm
I can't tell of own experience, quinn, and the reports about it stopped some weeks after the first mentioning.

However, this place got the best notes of a survey, done by the biggest automobil-club a couple of days ago of all German autobahn rest places.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 01:00 pm
Well, its nice to know that if ever in the area I know of a tranquil place to rest Smile
0 Replies