• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,122 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 10:33 am
Price is Wrong
A true recipe for disaster.

Bob Barker was classy and a true broadcaster which is why his shows lasted forever. Rosie is a washerwoman whose voice is like fingernails on a blackboard. Even if you put aside her political stance (though she can't), she will flop like a fish. Goodbye Price is Right! What a come-down for that network!

Hi, Bella Very Happy
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 10:42 am
I hope she doesn't do it. It is not a good fit for her, in my opinion. She's far too interesting and entertaining to end up on a piece of **** like that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 10:44 am
She's proven her ability to get good daytime ratings. Maybe it'd work.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 10:44 am
Geez. I don't have a problem with O'Donnell but I just can't see her in that role. Bob Barker endorsed her tho' and I can't believe he would endorse anyone that he didn't have 100% confidence in. Unless, of course, he would like to see the show go down the tubes behind his retirement.

You just never know one's true motivation out there in Hollywierd.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 12:52 pm
I guess as long as she's for spaying and neutering your pets....
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 06:55 pm
I stopped watching "The Price is Right" before Bob Barker took over, bless his heart.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:19 am
There's No Crying in Baseball
In protest I'm burning my copy DVD of "A League of Their Own"
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 08:05 am
At least the network won't have to worry about her hitting on the models like Barker did...........................what did I just say? Never mind! Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:23 am
Now Phoenix, that's where character assassination begins. With ugly rumors and only a piece of a story.

The way I read it (several years ago now), Bob Barker had one affair with a hostess, after his wife of many years had passed away, and the hostess became difficult, wanting special treatment, demanding favors and things got messy. She was fired and filed a suit against him and the network which, if i recall correctly, was eventually dropped. I'm sure she got some money out of it but frankly, I didn't blame ol' Bob at all. Matter of fact, i was happy to see that the old man still had it in him.

And they sure would have to "worry" about Rosie and the girls. Don't you know? Rosie likes girls. Smile
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:31 am
eoe wrote:
And they sure would have to "worry" about Rosie and the girls. Don't you know? Rosie likes girls.

X-actly my pernt! Laughing

As I remember, It was alleged (but not proven) that he had hit on a number of the models. Anyhow, I was just making a feeble attempt at being droll!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:34 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Barker

Quote:
Dian Parkinson, a prize model for The Price Is Right from 1975 to 1993, filed an $8 million lawsuit against Barker for sexual harassment. Barker admitted that he had sexual relations with Parkinson but stated, "As God is my witness I never asked her to do anything she didn't want to do" and that everything was indeed consensual. Parkinson declared herself no financial match to Barker and his resources and gave up her legal fight with him in 1995.

Barker was involved in more legal trouble with a Price model in 1995. Holly Hallstrom, a model from 1977 to 1995, stated that she had gained 14 pounds due to a prescription medication and that Barker used the weight gain as an excuse to fire her, which he denied. Hallstrom alleged that the real reason Barker fired her was because she had refused to support him when Parkinson sued him for sexual harassment. Barker responded with a lawsuit for slander and libel, Barker v. Hallstrom, claiming Hallstrom was lying, but the court decided in her favor and ordered Barker to pay all her legal fees. Hallstrom countersued Barker and in October 2005, she received a multi-million-dollar, out-of-court settlement.

Since 1996, Bob Barker has been sued by six women for charges including sexual harassment, racial discrimination and wrongful termination (most notably by Janice Pennington and Kathleen Bradley, two other longtime and well-known models on the show). To date all the women have received out-of-court financial settlements, save one (former production assistant Linda Reigert), which is still pending.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:34 am
Oh Phoenix. You are absolutely right!

Bob Barker

Check out the section on his "Legal Troubles".

Shocked
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:35 am
HA! You beat me to it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:37 am
eoe- The reason that I remembered it, is that I had watched the show as a younger person, and always liked Bob Barker. At the time, it came as a shock that beneath the homey, "G" rated exterior, he was a sleeze bag.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:39 am
I liked that he let his hair go grey, but beyond that, feh.

~~~

I remember when some of those cases were being covered. It's amazing he didn't get booted off the air. They didn't Don Imus him, when they probably should have.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:40 am
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:44 am
ehBeth wrote:

I remember when some of those cases were being covered. It's amazing he didn't get booted off the air. They didn't Don Imus him, when they probably should have.

It is so strange, how things change, with changing mores. I can remember when Ingrid Bergman could not make a film in the US for years, because of her affair with Rossellini.

Apparently, when Barker was hitting on the women, the TV execs did not think what he did was important enough to have him fired. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 11:53 am
Can you imagine Rosie up there, hanging upside down in her inversion therapy machine, saying "Ivana Uteatme, come on and go down!".
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 01:05 pm
How long did it take you to come up with that?
0 Replies