Why hasn't God intervened?

Smileyrius

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 06:46 pm
@Ragman,
its all in that book christians read. story of the garden of eden and all that jazz.

And dont diss Elvis, he is a darned fine minister of ceremonies in Vegas.
Ragman

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 07:10 pm
@Smileyrius,
Was. He's DAID! In the words of Monty Python troupe, "That is one Dead 'Parrot!'
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 07:13 pm
@Smileyrius,
How many Elvis' are there in Vegas?
Smileyrius

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 07:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There has to be at least 5 or 6, but I couldnt be certain
rrasmussen

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 11:29 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Why are we meant to suffer? What reasons do
you believe that we are meant to suffer?
neologist

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 11:48 am
@rrasmussen ,
I think BPB was being facetious. He has since metamorphosed into The
Blue Veined Throbber
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 01:38 pm
@Smileyrius,
here are a few in Memphis

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/image-files/parkes_etas.jpg

and more somewhere else

https://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBdhfG9lCMAAIUm-.jpg

can you imagine show up for the annual Elvis convention in Vegas Shocked
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 03:39 pm
@ehBeth,
Anyone can see Elvis in Vegas for $40 bucks. https://www.vegas.com/shows/tribute/all-shook-up-las-vegas/
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 06:49 am
God intervenes every day. Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it's not happening. Just like I have yet to see a known member of ISIS near my home town, but if I were to allow that fact alone to dictate my belief in their existence or presence in the U.S. I would be a fool, wouldn't I?

I sure would like to know what kind of "sign" of God's existence y'all are expecting He should give you. Everyone seems to have their own little box of beliefs here. (Not literally here as in A2K members alone) It's like everyone wants to keep fishing in the same pond, expecting to catch something different than the bluegill and bass that pond produces and has always given them.

If you want to catch different fish (ie find different answers) you might want to consider finding out where the big fish live and casting there a time or two.
Setanta

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 06:58 am
@onevoice,
That's pretty fatuous. There are magic, invisible fairies who live under my bed and who drive the monsters away. Just because you can't see them doesn't mean it's not true. They first arrived here riding on the invisible unicorn who lives in the back yard. I'd like to know what kind of sign yáll are expecting.

That's about all i can stomach . . . the human capacity for self-delusion knows no bounds.
onevoice

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 07:59 am
@Setanta,
Ahhh yes... Delusion can fall into many categories. Just depends which "cause" you choose to linger with. Wink Some are worth it. Some most definitely aren't. I wouldn't bet my pennies on your examples of unicorns and fairies... But I will bet my life on my examples of ISIS and God.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 08:46 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

If God is all powerful and all loving, why has he permitted human suffering?

"God" being "all powerful" doesn't mean "it" can change reality. "God" has no free will. By definition God" is reality, nature. It is what it is. Moreover perfection implies not alternate paths, no changes. That which it IS is necessarily right has rules sprung from nature instead of making it. In sum Order is dictated by reality not by wishful thinking has thinking itself is the product of it and it is not the product of thinking. One doesn't think thought to become. Though is the becoming of what are.

Explained, the "intervention" of "God", is BEING. Its done. He which is TRUTH itself, shall not move beyond itself or beyond REALITY. One shall not question the finger of God. Order dictates the events in the time line. They always were, and because they're true they are RIGHT !
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 12:08 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Humans are animals. Cannibalism existed in the Fiji Islands until recent times.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 01:05 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Very interesting point of view Fil!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 02:12 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
When you place a restriction on God's free will, he is no longer God in the sense of being an all powerful creator.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 02:13 pm
@neologist,
God is a figment of man's imagination.
neologist

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 02:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
God is a figment of man's imagination.
Would you say an all powerful figment? Laughing
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 02:17 pm
@neologist,
As powerful as nature itself.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 02:47 pm
@onevoice,
No one has said ISIS is invisible and all-powerful. If you are saying that, you're even more deluded than i thought. Your analogy doesn't work, because the cases aren't analogous. Mine does, because invisible fairies and unicorns are absolutely the same as your invisible, imaginary friend.
onevoice

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 03:10 pm
@Setanta,
No Set, yours really are not analogous either. Sorry. How will you ever know or understand that though? You won't. You've made up your mind, and that's fine. I just don't see how you could really offer a fair judgement on any of it when you can't or aren't even willing to consider there could be a reality outside of the one you've created for yourself. Anyway...

I am the only one who has said anything about ISIS. To use it as an example because it is a reality of life now a days that cannot be denied, whether one chooses to believe it or not. Just like God. Smile
0 Replies