1

Why would a good and fair God allow suffering?

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 08:29 pm
Why would a God who everyone claims as good allow evil in the world?
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,006 • Replies: 7

neologist

1  
Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 01:06 am
@kristihendricks,
Posted in several other places through the years:

Is the God who created us the same as the god who currently rules the world? Consider the account in Matthew 4: 8-9 where Satan was able to offer all the kingdoms of the world to Jesus. He could not have done so, if he did not control them.

Thankfully, his control has an expiration date.
Setanta

0  
Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 04:37 am
Not only are you attempting to flog that old horsie poop again, you've used almost exactly the same text--except for trying to dodge the obvious problem of this being a dead horse, in for another beating.
neologist

1  
Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 10:23 am
@Setanta,
I know and I apologize to all who have seen it before. But I'm just trying to stick to the narrative for the sake of newbies.

Have a good day.

kristihendricks

2  
Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 10:36 am
@neologist,
So you're saying that God has the same amount of control as Satan?
neologist

1  
Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 05:06 pm
@kristihendricks,
Where did I give that impression? Sorry if I did.
But, since Genesis chapter 3, Satan has been allowed time to prove that his way is best for mankind.

2  
Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 05:22 pm
@kristihendricks,
Forget that there's a god. Everything will fall into it's proper place. Humans are animals with all the man made gods, rules, laws, and what we consider good and evil. They are all subjective. Humans had to creat rules of behavior in order to have some stability in society.
kristihendricks

1  
Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 05:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Okay, but where do we get our basis for good and evil? Doesn't that have to come from somewhere?