$29 apiece--Sincere Generic Eulogies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 12:10 pm
Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking....

This site offers speeches--all sorts of speeches--including one-size-fits-all eulogies for the Dear Departed.

http://www.speech-writers.com/

Personally, I'm verbal--but I know a number of people who are not. I understand (although I don't quite approve) that sympathy cards are as acceptable as hand written notes in times of grief.

Still, canned, generic eulogies? If you prefer you can order an individual tribute for $275. You fill out a questionnaire--the speech writer does the rest.

The Newsweek story says the webowner, a professional speechwriter, has ghostwritten for husbands, grandchildren, fishing buddies.....

According to the on site feedback, clients are delighted.

What do you think.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,492 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 12:17 pm
This is very disturbing to me. Hey, Grandpa, we're all too busy and unimaginative to come up with something, so we bought you a eulogy!

Sorry, I'm a curmudgeon lately.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 12:20 pm
I am just the opposite. As far as I am concerned, when I die, a few choruses of "We Hate to See you Go" would suffice nicely! Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 12:21 pm
I dunno, this is all for the survivors and not the "dearly departed," sorta like the old days in Ireland, when you could hire keeners, who would follow the casket and wail, cry, tear their clothing (which you were obliged to provide for the purpose); or, in New Orleans, until quite recently (maybe you still can) you could hire mourners . . . i'm rather convinced the center of attention does not care . . .
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 12:45 pm
"Always be sincere, even when you don't mean it."
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 11:02 am
I'm not sure which would distress me more--one-upping the neighbors with a No Expense Spared Eulogy or the potential for deceit: "Just a few heartfelt words that I whipped up before breakfast today."

Fortunately, my chief mourners are lippy people, even in grief.
0 Replies