Call Out for Pizza

CodeBorg

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 04:23 pm
LOL! Cav, may we surmise that you dislike pizza? :-D

Noddy, was this particular stepchild perhaps red-headed?

Perhaps someone could force them to eat lima beans...
"No pizza until you eat your vegetables!"

Or would it be considered rugged individualism to throw them
out on their a**?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 09:32 pm
Your friend could always get even with her step child and invite the grandkid over for several weekends of fun-filled cooking lessons. Teach him how to make some healthy dishes and urge him to try them out on his parents at home.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 09:49 pm
CodeBorg, I love pizza, especially when I make it myself. What I can't stand is a rude guest, especially when it is family, who hijacks a celebration so selfishly.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 11:32 am
Butrfly--

Unfortunately, these kids glory in their limited diet--and their parents are also picky eaters.

Re-education is not possible right now. Perhaps in maturity....or perhaps not.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 11:39 am
If that's the case, the poster who suggested not inviting them, and then sort of suggesting it was to make it easier for the picky would probably have my vote. I wouldn't be inviting them again, family or not. Or at least not to this kind of event.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 11:58 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Incidently, in that step son's family both generations are picky eaters and the parents feel that this is a sign of their offspring's rugged individualism.

I wonder when "rugged individualism" became a synonym for "spoiled brat"????

Ok, bad me... Navah mind! lol
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 06:00 pm
fishin'--

The kids are also glorified as "free spirits". Soon they will be teenagers and I'm going to be interested in the relayed horror stories.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 06:08 pm
IMHO America promotes individualism far too much and I think it's among one of the top five social ailments in the US.

I'm no fan of the forced conformity that you find in places like Japan but in America the cometitive spirit and glorified "individualism" and "attitude" is often just a euphemism for being an ass and calling it cool.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 08:45 pm
Well said Craven.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 11:01 pm
VERY well said!
0 Replies

lieurances

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 06:12 pm
I hate to say it but I think that from now on if that were me and i spent all that time on preparing the food, i would have said something to everyone who indulged in the pizza. They were all terribely rude and very inconsiderate to her feelings. I would either not invite them back or tell them to bring their own food from now on.
0 Replies