No man can serve two masters...

Zippo

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 02:44 pm
Quote:
Lieberman asked to resign from his own party

Posted June 12, 2007
3:55 PM

(WTNH) _ The Connecticut for Lieberman Party is calling on Senator Joseph Lieberman to resign from the U.S. Senate following his remarks made Sunday on CBS' Face the Nation regarding military action against Iran.

Lieberman said on the national television program that, "we've got to be prepared to take aggressive military action against the Iranians."

The Connecticut for Lieberman Chair, Dr. John Orman, called for Lieberman's resignation saying that he "crossed the line" and "no longer represents the views of the citizens of Connecticut."

Orman, a longtime critic of Lieberman, took control of the minority party back in January.

wthn

No man can serve two masters...

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/aaaab.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 436 • Replies: 11
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 03:01 pm
I am a bit confused by the photo you chose (the man on the left is not John Orman) to go with the article. And why did you choose the title "No man can serve two masters" for this post.

OOhhh I get it -- you chose the image because it shows Lieberman with a menorah - a symbol of the Jewish faith.

I get it, you are saying that people who are Jewish can't be loyal to the US and shouldn't be elected.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 03:05 pm
For the record, as an anti-war progressive I am against Lieberman. I am not happy that he won his last election.

However I am far more strongly opposed to the blatant anti-Semitism implicit in posts like this. This is offensive and completely unexcusable.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 04:22 pm
Damn, you're putting words in my mouth. I did NOT say that! Twisted Evil

What YOU want me to say is something like...

"Oh my, the Jews are saying through Lieberman that we Americans should consider murdering millions of people to protect us from "terrorism," which of course is Jewspeak meaning that we Americans should murder more people for the Jews."

WHICH, OF COURSE I DID NOT SAY!

Why are you making things up ? ? ? Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 04:27 pm
And where did that picture, which apparently has absolutely nothing to do with the story, come from?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 04:28 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
And where did that picture, which apparently has absolutely nothing to do with the story, come from?

It is possible that you are being slightly over-sensitive, and that it was a coincidence.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 04:34 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

It is possible that you are being slightly over-sensitive, and that it was a coincidence.

Cycloptichorn

It is also possible that tomorrow morning, pigs will sprout wings and fly. Anyone familiar with this joker's attitudes toward Jews would be acting very strangely in assuming anything else.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 04:43 pm
Let's ask Zippo directly...

Can someone, like Lieberman, who is a religious Jew and agrees with the policies of Israel, be a loyal American who has as much right as anyone to participate in politics?
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 04:57 pm
Quote:
Let's ask Zippo directly...

Of course he/she can, if he/she wanted to be loyal. It entirely depends on the person. However, not everyone single person can be trusted. I'm sure you already know that. Remember the 'aipac' spy scandal ?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 05:21 pm
Quote:
Not everyone single person can be trusted

Let's try again... (seeing as the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" applies even to Jews).

Should someone, like Lieberman, who is a religious Jew and agrees with the policies of Israel, be trusted as much as any other American elected official without questioning his loyalty to his country?

I strongly disagree with Liebermans politics-- I will never question his loyalty to America (and especially not because of his religion/ethnicity).

(There is a big difference between disagreeing with someone politically and anti-semitism. This picture, and your other rhetoric crosses the line.)
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 09:31 am
Quote:
Should someone, like Lieberman, who is a religious Jew and agrees with the policies of Israel, be trusted as much as any other American elected official without questioning his loyalty to his country?

Some would agree with you, some won't, it all depends. You need to do a poll of this question, if you want to find out if a majority of American citizens support your view. Until then, you cannot force your view upon others. I, personally cannot tell you a firm 'yes' or 'no'...because i cannot read Mr Lieberman's mind...remember 'politicians will always lie'.

This essay explains why politicians have to lie
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 09:43 am
You're not going to get a straight answer from Zippo, E_brown--he's learned to play his cards close to the cuff. However, he never fails to give himself away. Look at the title--"two masters." If he weren't on his guard right now, we might have easily got him to claim that Lieberman serves the Israelis before serving his constituents, which is what i immediately took Zippo's title to mean. If he now denies it, it's because he's squirming at being exposed--but he's cried wolf too many times in the past to be plausible now.
0 Replies