Dems risk lives to block Limbaugh

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 05:46 pm
So now,if a radio station carries something the dems dont like,they are willing to risk lives and public safety?

http://www.miamiherald.com/466/story/138174.html
Quote:

If it truly wants to be Broward County's official hurricane radio station, here's what WIOD (610 AM) needs to do:

Fire Rush Limbaugh.

At least that's the stand taken by Commissioner Stacy Ritter, who was able to prevent the county from renewing its hurricane information partnership with WIOD because the station carries the conservative icon's syndicated show.

Ritter pointed out that the majority of the nine county commissioners -- all of whom are Democrats -- are at the opposite end of the political spectrum from Limbaugh and other conservative hosts carried by WIOD
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 644 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 06:25 pm
thta's right MM, we dems hate the rest of you and want you to die most horribly.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 06:27 pm
I wouldnt even dig a hole. Id let the buzzards eat that melonheaded druggy.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:00 pm
In Baltimore, last year, Limbaughs Arbitron numbers had plummeted by 25% over 2 years and that was the entire Metro area, so it factored in all the "suposedly" rich conservative suburbs. SO WBAL, the lomg -time (and one of the original ) syndicees, dropped Limbaugh and switched over to ocal conservative talk. The locals arent as doctrinaire and catering to the Borg headed like Limbaugh demands of his ditto heads.

Limbaugh may rot like a bloated fetid deer carcass on the side of I-95
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:19 pm
First of all there is not only one radio station in Broward county. A quick google showed my 8 AM stations and 11 FM stations. I have no idea if that is all of them.

The station WIOD broadcasts at only 5,000 watts of power according to wiki. I have no idea why they chose a low level AM station as their official station for Hurricane information. I would call it a bad decision no matter what the format was on the station.

WINZ is a 50,000 watt station in Ft Lauderdale. WTPS and WWFE are both 50,000 watts. Changing from a low power station to a higher power station is hardly putting lives at risk.

Of course, I would suggest an FM station. Or maybe bad weather in Florida never comes with lightning.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 07:26 pm
Good thing victimhood is a card played only by those weaklings on Left.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 08:32 pm
farmerman wrote:
In Baltimore, last year, Limbaughs Arbitron numbers had plummeted by 25% over 2 years...

Of all the places I ever end up in occasionally Baltimore is the one place which halfway scares me. The most ****ed up looking people I ever see in DC or NY at least look like they came from this planet; the same is not true of Baltimore.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 12:00 am
they're carbon life forms gunga. something out of your personal and family experience, but nothing to be afriad of.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 06:07 am
Some of them have permanent blank stares on their faces, and walk sort of like chickens.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 08:08 am
They're big peckers... unlike you.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 09:45 am
I would assume that in hurricane territory there was already enough hot air without Limbaugh's blather.

Still, I can't help but feel sorry for these people what with living in their windowless houses, completely cut off from nature, with no means of communication other than AM radio. Really, how would they ever know about hurricanes in the area without WIOD? So sad.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 06:46 pm
This clown takes the statement of a single Broward County Commissioner as all democrats. Astounding that someone's "mind" works that way,
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 06:49 pm
parados wrote:
First of all there is not only one radio station in Broward county. A quick google showed my 8 AM stations and 11 FM stations. I have no idea if that is all of them.

The station WIOD broadcasts at only 5,000 watts of power according to wiki. I have no idea why they chose a low level AM station as their official station for Hurricane information. I would call it a bad decision no matter what the format was on the station.

WINZ is a 50,000 watt station in Ft Lauderdale. WTPS and WWFE are both 50,000 watts. Changing from a low power station to a higher power station is hardly putting lives at risk.

Of course, I would suggest an FM station. Or maybe bad weather in Florida never comes with lightning.

WIOD's signal reaches close to Orlando. Traditionally, people listen to AM fo news.
0 Replies