UnFrigging Believeable 9/11 Report Today: No Link to Iraq

cobalt

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 12:03 pm
Just in case some have not seen this story, from UPI International,
http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20030723-064812-9491r

With the diversion to the stories of published grisly photos of the two dead sons of Saddam, this story STILL made it to the media! Can the public ignore ALL the evidence mounting about the Bush Administration agenda and crusade?

UPI.com story:
9/11 report: No Iraq link to al-Qaida
By Shaun Waterman
UPI Homeland and National Security Editor
Published 7/23/2003 7:48 PM

Quote:
WASHINGTON, July 23 (UPI) -- The report of the joint congressional inquiry into the suicide hijackings on Sept. 11, 2001, to be published Thursday, reveals U.S. intelligence had no evidence that the Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussein was involved in the attacks, or that it had supported al-Qaida, United Press International has learned.

"The report shows there is no link between Iraq and al-Qaida," said a government official who has seen the report.

Former Democratic Georgia Sen. Max Cleland, who was a member of the joint congressional committee that produced the report, confirmed the official's statement.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,224 • Replies: 11
No top replies

cobalt

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 12:33 pm
To not be repetitious here, the link to the thread on the Dead Sons is:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9746&start=50

I managed to post a tiny photo link there. To all, I most appreciate the level of conversation in the BBB thread about Slime and all the threads about WMD and the deaths of Saddam's sons. To dyslexia goes the understatement of the year:

"The higher moral ground is the basement."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 01:02 pm
These are sad days for the United States.

Although I liked Bill Clinton and thought he was a decent president -- and in charge rather than being lead -- I understand that some people truly despised him and wanted him replaced at any cost.

Well, that is what they've gotten.

Replacement at any cost.

We have a president who never seems in command of the facts -- nor of the situation. And he is surrounded by a group of shoot-from-the-hip amateurs and blackguards.

We are an embarrassment.
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 01:08 pm
Cobalt, it's interesting to see how Bush is losing the propaganda game, finally. I think that he will especially regret his behavior toward the 9/11 investigators. Too bad this didn't come out before the war. I don't want to jinx anything here, but it seems that the mainstream press is becoming a bit less worried about being labeled "un-American" and more worried about the truth, as are a lot of government officials. Hopefully, it will continue.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 01:16 pm
Right you are, LibertyD, re how the mainstream press seem to be finally leaving their bunkers and doing their jobs. It's about time, too!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 01:19 pm
just listened to the press release with orations by those involved; seems the better part of the statements concerned the lack of cooperation from the white house.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 01:27 pm
It's going around the news media and in the Washington politico that "there's no smoking gun." I'd say there is -- the smoking gun of a trigger happy administration grasping at straws for an excuse to invade Iraq. By luck, history may vindicate them in an eventual real peace and successful reconstruction but I don't believe any of us will see it in our lifetime.

frankapsia -- that's the major cause of the US problems in the world. How we are perceived not what we would like the world to believe. This president is pissed because he can't garner the blind loyalty of Tony Blair from other world leaders. Blair is going to pay the price in the next British elections.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 03:40 pm
Quote:
Lightwizard
Quote:
frankapsia -- that's the major cause of the US problems in the world. How we are perceived not what we would like the world to believe.

Perception, or the lack of it, seems to have fueled the world since 9/11.
Al Qeada and Iraq regime shared many things in common but fundamentally the two were diametrically opposed.
Sadam lived the high life and flaunted his adoration of western ideals. Members of the terrorist organization openly deride everything non-muslim.
Western perception has the Middle East seething with unified hatred towards the USA, most are unaware of cultural differences, religious disparity and political systems which make up this vast region.

The United States was cruelly punished for it's part in creating, financing and training both groups. There is a lot of anger and most of it directed at the US (and allies on varying levels).
This war was fraudulently conceived and innuendo beat out reason.
Saddam was a despot and I can't say I'm unhappy he's been overthrown.
However there are many nations ruled in similar fashion, Congo, Liberia, Tibet, Myanmar, Palestine the list is endless...where's the outrage?

I fear the irreparable damage Bush et al have created.

Thanks,
Ceili
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 03:43 pm
And BTW, Ceili, welcome to the nuthouse at A2K. Please, no volunteers stepping foward -- you know what I'll say about that.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 03:59 pm
There may be no smoking gun, but I am beginning to wonder what the members of this administration are smoking (and inhaling). They seem to be living in a reality all their own.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 05:57 pm
a little nasty aren't you
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 02:18 am
If the truth had been told, there would be no need for continuing cover-ups and suppressed evidence.

9/11 will remain "the truth that dare not speak it's name" whilst these gangsters occupy the White House.
0 Replies