Boston-Site of Democratic COnvention

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 06:41 am

Boston has been selected to be the site for the next Democratic convention, for selection of the Democratic nominee for president.

Is there any relationship between this choice of Boston as the convention site, and the fact that Senator Kerry of Massachusetts has decided to run for president?

Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,881 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 06:45 am
Hadn't really thought about it, but it seems like a reasonable assumption. The Democratic Party suffered big losses in the last election. If any place can generate excitement among Democrats, it HAS to be Boston. I think that the DNC made a wise move by choosing Boston as its convention city!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 07:51 am
Boston probably has some political significance in the selection but overall, Boston is really a crappy place for ANY kind of large convention.

Yeash, there isn't any parking as it is, traffic is always terrible and the city is just not setup for visitors (very limited puiblic facilities, terrible street signs, etc..).

It's a big feather in Mayor Menino's cap. Let's see how well he pulls it off.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 08:00 pm
It was basically Boston vs. New York. Both MA and NY have Republican govs; Boston has a Dem mayor and NY has a Repub mayor (though he was a Dem until a short time before he decided to run for mayor). Of course politics has something to do with it.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 08:08 pm
John Kerry
Of course, John Kerry had something to do with it. With his $500 million, he probably had lots Rolling Eyes to say about! Idea
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 04:52 pm
I think it was a nod to Kennedy and Kerry.
Aside fron SF, I guess Boston is the Lib Central city in the US.

Wonder if they will do a big production on Clinton this year, as they did last time--(remember him walking through a bunch of hallways, like Rocky Balboa?) or reduce him to focus on the future.

I love watching these things.
0 Replies