ACK! What have I done?!?!?!?!??!?!

Chai

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 10:12 am
holy smokes, I never heard of that stuff phoenix!

I read the reviews and was amazed that it worked on someone who'd been dying their hair BLACK for years.

I'd be afraid to see what my natural color looked like.
0 Replies

Zayrina

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 10:13 am
At least it's not orange, because nothing rhymes with orange.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 10:30 am
BBB
You missed an opportunity to stand out in a crowd.

http://images.burningman.com/gallery/cpravata.716.jpg
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:03 am
Sorry to note; the rabbits nibbling the ends of your beautiful locks, are you having a bad hare day or what? Are you anywhere near Macy's in New York City, it is located in 'Hair-old' Square in 'Mane-hattan'. They will get to the root of the problem.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 01:51 pm
Joe is right.

Once, when I used storebought coloring, I got ahold of a bad batch of chemicals. The box said blonde, but my hair turned green. Not stand-under-a-fluorescent-light-see-a-slightly-greenish-tint, I'm talking lime sherbet green. A scarf, an emergency walk-in salon appointment and $100 later, my hair was blonde and in better condition than before I started. (Boston salons might be more expensive than ours.)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 02:31 pm
Eva- Lime sherbet green is over the top, but ash blonde colors can sometimes produce a greenish cast on some people.

I hope that you gave the manufacturer of the product a piece of your mind!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 06:09 pm
Tryagain wrote:
Sorry to note; the rabbits nibbling the ends of your beautiful locks, are you having a bad hare day or what? Are you anywhere near Macy's in New York City, it is located in 'Hair-old' Square in 'Mane-hattan'. They will get to the root of the problem.

The rabbit idea is not too far off the mark, as this stuff went on and was the color of carrots. Then it mellowed to kind of a bronze which woulda been semi-acceptable and then suddenly it was brown when it was time to shower and get all the junk off and check the results.

Actually, considering as I'm somewhat bereft of eyebrows, it did a good job on the brows. The remainder is semi-close to my teen years and I do have to say it's soft.

Only one coworker noticed, the gal from Hyderabad who sits in front of me. She thought I looked nice and persuaded me to not join the circus but she drew the line at an impromptu aria.

In any event, it's only been about 48 hrs so yes, Chai, you're right, it'll mellow out soon enough. I have to remember, if I'm gonna do things like this, to do 'em on a Friday night rather than a Sunday night. Here, let me set the wayback machine.

My folks are coming up this weekend, my mother will undoubtedly take one look and ask me if RP shaved his beard. My father, on the other hand, will shrug and then go fix the downstairs toilet using nothing but a six inch long piece of dental floss and half a tube of mango-flavored chapstick.

[size=7]This is why I never ask to borrow Dad's chapstick.[/size]
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:07 pm
smorgs wrote:
Who's Ack?

Is he your usual hair stylist?

x

Well, i appreciated the humor, even if no one else did.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 04:07 pm
All that he can do with half a tube only! Oy vey. If only my father had lived to see his dream come true of an all-Yiddish-speaking Boston.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 03:59 am
Oy, when my folks come over this weekend, the number will increase by twofold!

Zayan mita gayan shu!

PS My hair remains decidedly brown although a little more blondey-highlighty and a little less flat. The flat affect was of concern as it was looking a little wiggish. It remains a long pageboy.

PPS The gal from Hyderabad complimented me again yesterday. Perhaps it's the fluorescent light gleaming off my new 'do. Or maybe she's just nice. You make the call.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 04:47 am
Still waiting for the Photo
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:24 am
If I saw this walking down the street, I would just point and laugh...cuz she is soooo ugly.

http://www.clairol.com/images/brand/blonding/products/hairpainting/img_hairpainting-golden-box.jpg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 03:45 am
Boxes walk down your street? What kind of a funky-weird wonderland do you live in? Or is it just kind of dancing boxes, like those old ads from 50s TV? http://www.tvacres.com/images/dancing_cigarettes_small1.jpg
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 04:37 pm
I was always disappointed that the hair color never once helped me look like the woman's face on the box. I do have better legs...
0 Replies