Ecowater Compu-A-Save II Help

Gary Slusser

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 08:34 am
gizmowiz wrote:
Well my wife and I talked it over. This is the bottom line. We are done with the EcoWater guy. Mind you not our water refiner, but as for the local EcoWater guy and EcoWater themselves, Gary you are right, they have lost my trust and my business. ... The quote for the gravel, resin, and carbon was way to high, especially since we WERE going to buy the overpriced RO System from them also. You are right on the point that is why people come to this website. To be informed by experts and the like. I was informed and now I have more options than ever before. I will post the final outcome of both of my projects as soon as they are done. Working or not. Thanks ever so much for your time and knowledge. Very best Regards to you Both, Bill

Thanks Bill, and you're welcome.
0 Replies

gizmowiz

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:07 am
Hi Gary n H20 Man,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to all on the water softner. Well I received an email from a person who I guess reads the posts and they told me to try a website that they had send me for the resin and gravel. I ordered the resin and gravel from Ohio Pure Water Company. Was only 118.00 total cost and the shipping was free. It was here in only 2 days. I had to vacuum out the water, resin, and gravel from the inner tank after relieving the pressure and by passing the water softner. At least what was left of the resin LOL!. Anyway that was the hard part. I added 10lbs of gravel and then .65 cu ft of the resin. I had a 16 inch head on it for the water per instructions. Then did a regeneration and Low and Behold I got soft water now. HE HE! It has regenerated about 4 times now and everything is AOK. I want to thank everyone who has helped me on this project. It was a blessing. Now the next project is getting the sink and fawcett in so I can get a RO System. The company I order the products from has all kinds of goodies for water treatment, so I would suggest checking them out for your needs. I am in no way affiliated with them at all. They just have a lot of stuff for the DIY'r. I am very happy with the Able2Know site and the people that share there expertise on the site. Thanks to All Ever So Much! Bill
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:59 am
I'm glad it worked out for you - thanks for the update.
0 Replies

justalurker

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 11:43 am
gizmowiz wrote:
It has regenerated about 4 times now and everything is AOK. Bill

"I love it when a plan comes together"...
Col. John "Hannibal" Smith (the A Team)
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 02:04 pm
gizmowiz wrote:
Hi Gary. Well I received an email from a person who I guess reads the posts and they told me to try a website that they had send me for the resin and gravel.

That's my good buddy justalurker. He's a customer of mine and mad at me for disagreeing with him, hurting his 'feelings' and posting an email from him on my forum that had his email address in it. The email proved his nasty lying personality when compared to what he said in a post.

He disrupted my forum and refused to apologize so I refused to remove the address or email or delete the thread. Then he became a selfish ungrateful PIA customer and acts like a water treatment expert although the only experience he has is as a city dwelling softener owner. He's had problems with every dealer he's bought from.

He PMs and/or emails forum members like you say he did with you. He does that on various forums. It's meant to prevent me from making sales and his last reply above about loving it when a plan comes together, proves what I'm saying. I've received copies of emails and PM's he sends to people.

BTW, OPWCo and I buy and ship from the same supplier... My prices, including shipping is less than their's. So justalurker cost you more money than you had to pay, and people tell me that no web site has better instructions and telephone support than I do. justalurker used to tell everyone that before he got upset with me, that was in Aug 2005.

When you replace resin in a softener or install a new softener, you don't have to regenerate it to get soft water, new resin is fully regenerated.
0 Replies

justalurker

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 02:32 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:
He disrupted my forum

It's more than hypocritical for you, Gary, to accuse ANYONE of disrupting a forum when you hold a master's degree in that discipline (and I use the word discipline in it's narrowest academic meaning referring to you). You set a standard for disrupting other people's forums that considerate posters can only shake their heads at and you have been banned from self-help forums all around the internet.

Gary Slusser wrote:
Then he became a selfish ungrateful PIA customer and acts like a water treatment expert although the only experience he has is as a city dwelling softener owner. He's had problems with every dealer he's bought from.

First, you had no problem cashing the check of this ( as YOU state) selfish, ungrateful, PIA customer. If you'd have been more forthcoming in your arrogance, spite, rudeness, and just plain mean behavior BEFORE I sent you my check I could have saved us both a lot of aggravation.

You can't have it both ways... take the money and shut up, or refund the money and rant, or just shut up.

Second, I don't live in the city.

Third, I learn from my experiences and my mistakes.

Fourth, I don't suffer fools well or tolerate verbal and in-print abuse and incompetence.

Gary, you STILL "doth protest too much".

The OP resolved his problem with the needed product and service at a price he deemed fair.

Isn't that why we're here Gary?

Well, not you.
0 Replies

justalurker

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 05:26 pm
gizmowiz wrote:
Hi Gary n H20 Man,

It has regenerated about 4 times now and everything is AOK. Bill

gizmowiz wrote:
I am very happy with the Able2Know site and the people that share there expertise on the site. Thanks to All Ever So Much! Bill

Bill was kind to "thank ALL ever so much" and no one stepped forward to take credit for helping Bill specifically which is, IMO, in following the intent of these forums. One poster did step forward to point out that he did not help Bill and that Bill could have bought what he needed cheaper from him... but that was no surprise to anyone Rolling Eyes

justalurker wrote:
"I love it when a plan comes together"...
Col. John "Hannibal" Smith (the A Team)

Please note that my enthusiasm was for Bill resolving his problem with the help of this forum.

Bill, if I have been of assistance or help in any way, I apologize :wink:
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 05:40 pm
A classic quote from another H2O thread...

dadpad wrote:
Gary....... shut up will you.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 07:41 pm
justalurker wrote:
First, you had no problem cashing the check of this ( as YOU state) selfish, ungrateful, PIA customer. If you'd have been more forthcoming in your arrogance, spite, rudeness, and just plain mean behavior BEFORE I sent you my check I could have saved us both a lot of aggravation.

The truth is you contacted in me in Oct 2003. You bought the softener in July of 2004. You posted all types of good things about the Clack WS-1 and me including my knowledge and service until the end of Aug 2005 when you disrupted my forum. That's 13 months after you mailed me your personal check and I had the softener shipped before your check arrived... let alone it being cashed or having cleared... now I think people can see why I've changed as far as you are concerned.
justalurker wrote:
You can't have it both ways...

Correct, you can't have it both ways unless you rearrange the course of events, like you are in this thread.
justalurker wrote:
Second, I don't live in the city.

You might as well the way you go on to people with their own well.
justalurker wrote:
Third, I learn from my experiences and my mistakes.

Then why all the angry moaning when I mention a mistake like disrupting my forum by deleting the text in your posts and emailing a forum member here and PMing members of other forums? And now you claim you're here to help people when you can help more people with public communications than only the one you PM or email...
0 Replies

justalurker

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 08:28 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:
You bought the softener in July of 2004. You posted all types of good things about the Clack WS-1 and me including my knowledge and service until the end of Aug 2005

Simple explanation... I was wrong. Originally I thought you were an OK guy who genuinely cared about water treatment and your customers but in the two years since 8/05 your treatment of me, of others, and your behavior on many forums caused me to rethink my opinion. As time went by and the real you became apparent you changed my opinion of you and your service(?).

Living with the Clack WS1 changed my mind about it all by itself. The Clack WS1 is a good valve but not the ultimate control valve you make it out to be. It is a relative newcomer and does not come close to the decades of proven, reliable field service Fleck valves have provided.

Gary Slusser wrote:
And now you claim you're here to help people when you can help more people with public communications than only the one you PM or email...

It's often more peaceful to PM the OP than to deal with your ranting and raving on the forum. Even when an OP like Bill posts to thank the forum you turn that into a personal attack on me and Bill. Don't worry Gary, the people looking for help on the forum get the help they came looking for despite your efforts to not help them.

Bill found the solution he needed here on the forum but you ripped him for not buying from you. Way to help Gary.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:01 am
You PMed or emailed a member and gave him information that cost him more money.

You do that to prevent people buying from me because I disagreed with you in 8/05 about the use of potassium chloride when you were telling people on my forum it was ok to simply switch over to it, and it is not ok, you were wrong.

That's when you changed your opinion of me, and it was due to you disrupting my forum and deleting the text in that thread. All anyone has to do is search for justlurker in any search engine and they'll see you started posting in Aug or early Sept 05 and they can read what you said.

You say you learn from your mistakes, there's a few you should learn from.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:20 am
Enough!
Shocked Projectile DIYerrhea
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:57 am
You sound like a vocabulary challenged adolescent and potty fixated frat boy.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 08:40 am
Gary Slusser wrote:
You sound like a vocabulary challenged adolescent and potty fixated frat boy.

Those voices in your head are not mine.
0 Replies

justalurker

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 09:44 am
Gary Slusser wrote:
That's when you changed your opinion of me

No, I changed my opinion of you and your service(?) for a variety of reasons and not just one thing.

Gary Slusser wrote:

I PM'ed Bill and offered him shopping alternatives, which is prohibited to do in posts on this forum. Bill is a grown up. He did his own shopping and he decided where to spend his money. If, as you say, he could have bought the same product at lower cost from you then Bill apparently decided that he would rather spend more than do business with you. IMO a wise decision, but NOT my decision to make.

The answer to everything in life is not necessarily the cheapest price. It apparently is to you and if that's how you choose to live your life so be it. Many are willing to pay more to get more. Many are willing to pay more to get service. Many are willing to pay more to be treated with respect by a business. Many happily pay more to not patronize a particular business.

To repeat a previous thread... the bitterness of poor quality and poor service lingers long after the sweetness of low price is gone. A lesson many have learned and many have not learned... YET, but many of those who haven't learned the lesson ultimately will.

You are terrified that others have the power to make people not buy from you. You are the only one that possesses that power and you exercise it regularly with great success. It's really fun watching you do it... keep posting, everybody loves a clown.

Those voices in your head are not mine either.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 08:05 pm
LET'S KISS AND MAKE UP
Bobby Vinton

Last night we had a quarrel
And I lost my head
How silly of me to say
The things I said

Let's kiss and make up
Why should we break up
Say it's not too late yet
To forgive and forget

Funny but it doesn't matter now
Who was wrong or right
Darling all that matters now
Is that I miss you tonight

Let's kiss and make up
Why should we break up
To forgive and forget

'Cause I'd do anything
To be with you again

Let's kiss and make up
Why should we break up
To forgive and forget
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 08:19 pm
WAR
Why can't we be friends?

I seen you 'round for a long long time
I really 'membered you when you drink my wine

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown
I called you but you could not look around

I bring my money to the welfare line
I see you standing in it every time

The color of your skin don't matter to me
As long as we can live in harmony

I'd kinda like to be the President
so I can show you how your money's spent

Sometimes I don't speak too bright
but yet I know what I'm talking about

I know you're working for the CIA
they wouldn't have you in the Mafia

Why can't we be friends?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 08:51 pm
Toasting your choice of songs with a
sparkling
glass of....

Champagne
Razz
0 Replies

justalurker

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 09:30 pm
Ragman wrote:
Toasting your choice of songs

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" Tom Waits
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 10:25 am
Gary Slusser wrote:

He paid more money for the same product in the same volume in the same box or bucket shipped from the same supplier by the same mode of delivery using the same method of payment.

You can defend yourself all you want, the facts are the facts and you cost him more money for your benefit.
justalurker wrote:
You are terrified that others have the power to make people not buy from you. You are the only one that possesses that power and you exercise it regularly with great success. It's really fun watching you do it... keep posting, everybody loves a clown.

LOL, remember how you used to tell me how to 'improve' my business? You're still doing it and I'm still not listening three years later and you still mistakenly think you know why.
0 Replies