Giving kindness is free

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 08:16 pm
Setanta wrote:

But the Ohioans deserve to be recognized for an old-fashioned, small town courtesy which i have rarely seen in my life outside of the South. It is so common that someone will wait in traffic to let someone else in, that even in this state of some of the worst, most thoughtless drivers i've ever seen, "rush hour" moves along fairly well. makes an enormous

Setanta<

The old-fashioned courtesy in the small-town South is about gone with the wind. People here are like others around the nation who scurry to work, scurry home, scurry to say hello to the family, scurry to eat and scurry to bed. This being the case, many of us down here rarely know our next-door neighbors.

It is comforting to know that you have found a place in which you seem content. You have a lack of restlessness which, I guess, comes with maturity.

fire_n_skye<

Welcome to A2k! I would be happy to hold the door for you anytime.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 08:50 pm
I much prefer being nice, it's a easier on the stomach.

I work face to face with a lady {my best friend}, she has a real problem with another lady in our office, who is very nice, pleasant, open minded, and helpful.

One day recently my friend was ranting and raving about the other lady, she was almost in a frenzy talking about her, when suddenly she said to me, "you like her, don't you?" I said, "I don't dislike her, she's never done anything to me that was rude or devious."

She then realized how she was behaving, and just said {more or less to herself} "I've got to change!"

0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 10:50 pm
Misti<

"I've got to change!"

Your friend is very wise. Sometimes our friends will want us to "fix" them.
That does not work and puts a strain on the relationship.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 10:56 pm
WH: Yes, my friend is very wise, for her young years {50}!

She will change, because she realizes where the problem lies!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 09:14 am
Awareness is the first step.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 03:26 pm
Misti<

I am sure it will be gratifying to you to watch your friend "grow" out of her problem.

You may find some of her growth unhealthy for you, and the level of your relationship may change. Meanwhile, enjoy the present moment.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 07:29 pm
WH:

I understand what you're saying and recognize that we've seen many changes in our relationship the past 14 years. The changes were all a natural occurence, changes that need to take place if a friendship is to grow and expand.

=^.^=
0 Replies

frankemp

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 04:38 pm
my first time in chat room, i need help with a sad situation,''heart breaking for me'' my 30 year old doughter and i havent spoke in 4 months and we live in same house it's as we dont see each other,it's a long story.anyone care to read a book before you can understand what happen between us.she's a wonderfull person but so am i [we need help to even start speaking again]
0 Replies

frankemp

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 04:42 pm
i'm at the library will be leaving in 5min. but back tomorow,about 12:oo am hope some one can help us i do love her
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 04:47 pm
frankemp- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Why don't you start a new thread about your relationship with your daughter in the "Relationships and Marriage" section of A2K? Then you can give us an idea of what is going on, so that we may best help you.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 05:01 pm
Frankemp
Frankemp, Welcome to Able2Know. Often a neutral third person can bring you and your daughter into a situation where conversation can begin---safely---until the chill thaws a little. The person can be someone neither of you know. However, a relative or mutual friend my be able to do it more naturally and in greater comfort.

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 06:58 am
starting a thread is a good idea - these people come up with a lot of good advice and common sense and an outsider can often see more clearly.

In the meantime how about writing down in a note to your daughter that you love her and would love to sort the situation out? no explanations or blame just that.

I know times when I've been furious with my daughters about something coming out with the old cliche that I love them but at the moment don't like them very much.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 10:30 pm
Frankemp<

I'll join the chorus: Welcome to A2k!

You can take what you want from this forum and leave the rest.

You'll find most of us here are sincere in wishing to help you out.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 06:32 am
frankemp, many years ago I had issues with my mother - I won't go into detail - but it was all washed away when she sat me down and cried like a baby and told me she loved me. All the previous nastiness between us was put aside in that one moment and we began a brand new relationship from then on. We talked honestly about our differences and what had happened between us. The open door was her willingness to be vulnerable and show me her true feelings. It took a strong person to be able to do that and I would never have expected that from her. I learned who she was anew and now I'm the better for it too. We are so close now that I consider her a friend, a confidant, my rock.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 10:19 am
Heeven wrote:
We are so close now that I consider her a friend, a confidant, my rock.

Heeven<

I'll bet your mother feels the same about you!
0 Replies

frankemp

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 03:24 pm
thank you heeven
for your reply,it mean's a lot's to me that some one cares enough to comment.
you'r advice tuched my heart for i fill it was sent from god,becouse i have thought many times on how to make every thing better,between us.and got out of bed at 2:00 am and so on,and wrote my filling's on paper to her ,telling her how much i love her and how much i'm hurting over this,but she hasn't even tryed to show remorse.i have about 3 note book's where i'v been writeing,trying to find a way to end this. and reading book's on mother and doughter's meanding relationship's and many moreanything i could find,but nothing help's.i found a letter she wrote saying i can't even pray in the same house with my mother,[this broke my heart]
she really don't see her wrong,and what terrable damage she's done by her comment's.
BUT the way you tuched me is i'v been thinking if i just let everything go and take blame for it all and tell her i love her no matter if she love's me or not,and i will be here when she need's me and see's who really loved her.but i just havent been able to let my self do that,becouse she hurt me in a very ugly disrespectfull way and nasty,nasty lies to our bishop.and denies to this day that it is lies,becouse to do that she will have to admite she is wrong in living her life the way she is.[she has deeply hurt me] and i'm a very forgiving person.and ''love'' all 3 of my kid's and 10 grandkid's. thank you all for you'r advice
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 04:22 pm
Random acts of kindness - no way to give back the amount of grace this puppy gets Smile
0 Replies

frankemp

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:28 pm
ok if kindness is free [I hope some one is kind enough] to tell me how to get myanswers to my messages. lol shame to ask this,but tired of trying to work it out on my own. i'm still learning about comp. Laughing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:46 pm
Frankemp, Believe me you will work it out. I'm in my kismet mood tonight.

Merry Christmas, and never give up.

From Florida
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 09:20 pm
frankemp wrote:
tired of trying to work it out on my own.

frank<

I would suggest Divine intervention here. Pray a lot. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies