Holdin' Bobby's body next to mine
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose
And nothin' left is all he left for me
Ah, feelin' good was easy, Lord when Bobby sang the blues
Buddy, that was good enough for me, good enough for me and Bobby McGee
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee, good enough for me and my Bobby McGee
I let him slip away, lookin' for that home I hope he'll find
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee, good enough for me and my Bobby McGee
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee... (to fade)

Kris wrote it; Janis sang it, too
0 Replies

frankemp

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 08:13 pm
happy
imalsospecialnecklacedollarrebaRebassssssoimhorriblebuetifullbutifullreleased
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 08:19 pm
There's a nice thing to go to bed by, Frank--The Saint Louis Blues.
0 Replies

frankemp

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 08:49 pm
thanks to every one that gave advice

my daughter and I made up,christmas eve after not speaking for 8 month's or more. we had been through a real ugly mess.I didn't even give her a birthday gift, first time ever, at christmas I had her a gift made spacial just for her, baby picture of her and her son lazaret in to a heart necklace made of gold. but can not get it until after christmas. so I got her a 5.00 reba tape, she loves that singer,I took stephanie to a Reba concert one year for her birthday,we stayed in a hotel 2 nights.
well I left the tape at home so i had nothing to give her,at christmas,gave all my other adult kids and 9 grandkids very good gifts,such as trampolinens, china cabinets airbrush sets ext.I felt so sorry for her,i could see the sadness in her eyes.but i couldn't bring my self to speak to her,even though i had a gift for her.I went to the comp. and made her a buetifull card,im not good at that at all,but i guess god took over.and i found the courage to give it to her,[I said; here this is you'res] and walked away. she came in the room where i was at and said MOM that was buetifull and fell into my arms and we both fell apart and every one in the house was crying. [THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER]
NEVER GET TO HURT TO STOP SPEAKING TO A LOVED ONE,NOTHING IS WORSE THAN LOSING THE LOVE OF you're CHILD.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 09:57 pm
frankemp, I've had a similiar situation with my youngest daughter.

We did not speak for almost two years, meantime she had another baby, a little boy, and it broke my heart not to be a part of that wondrous time.

She hurt me deeply by what she did, and I almost felt she did it on purpose, to get back at me for something, as usual. We are both stubborn, but she was the one who gave in.

One day she called and said, "how about we agree to disagree, and be done with the silent treatment?" She also mentioned we should make a pact to not ever let this happen again (meaning the silent treatment) because life is too short.

Well, they all came to visit the week before Thanksgiving, they spent 3 days with us, then went to visit her husbands family on the west coast of Florida to spend Thanksgiving with them. Now ....... I could have been pissed at that, but decided I was just happy they made the effort to visit us, the kids had a blast here, went home with all sorts of toys and goodies.

I can't tell you how good it was to be with them again, I had forgotten how I missed them.

That is the real spirit of Christmas, isn't it?
0 Replies

frankemp

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2003 12:18 am
Misti26 wrote:
frankemp, I've had a similiar situation with my youngest daughter.

We did not speak for almost two years, meantime she had another baby, a little boy, and it broke my heart not to be a part of that wondrous time.

She hurt me deeply by what she did, and I almost felt she did it on purpose, to get back at me for something, as usual. We are both stubborn, but she was the one who gave in.

One day she called and said, "how about we agree to disagree, and be done with the silent treatment?" She also mentioned we should make a pact to not ever let this happen again (meaning the silent treatment) because life is too short.

Well, they all came to visit the week before Thanksgiving, they spent 3 days with us, then went to visit her husbands family on the west coast of Florida to spend Thanksgiving with them. Now ....... I could have been pissed at that, but decided I was just happy they made the effort to visit us, the kids had a blast here, went home with all sorts of toys and goodies.

I can't tell you how good it was to be with them again, I had forgotten how I missed them.

That is the real spirit of Christmas, isn't it?

Hi, misti26

thank you for sharing that with me,It sounds a lot like what happen to us. and i was the stubborn one. no one wanted to be the first to speak. but as you said,I WAS HURT BY A LOT OF NASTY THINGS SHE LIED TO MY BISHOP ABOUT.[IT REALY HURT] I didn't know if i could ever forgive her,but i'm at the point I just want my daughter back.and i am much happier.[our story is a long one]

ps-if you need to talk im here
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2003 12:24 am
frankemp, I am just so happy you are speaking with your daughter and I am happy that I am too!

AFter a time and fashion, it isn't important as to how or when, just that it is.

I have always felt intimidated by my youngest daughter, but at the same time I realize she is so much in need of affirmation of my love for her ... but at the same time, I feel she goes out of her way to degrade me.

I'm just not going to honor it anymre by giving it any thought. It's just not important!

Good luck to you and yours, my dear!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 12:27 pm
A big smile for you both Frank and Misti:

Let's just hope that oldandknew returns to A2K in time for the new year.

Ring out the old--bring back the knew. Very Happy
0 Replies

frankemp

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 08:15 pm
daughter's
misti26
my daughter also tries to intimidate me,and loves to degrade me when I'm getting to close to the truth.she knows I get very hurt, if she brings up my past,that has nothing to do with anything. Hey! but that's all in the past, we are closer than we have ever been,and I [love her to death]. Misti26 I hope you and your daughter can work out ever thing also. life is to short,to hold grudges,we need to speed time spreading our love around the world. Smile
0 Replies

frankemp

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 08:44 pm
help
I don't know how to delete my old messages,could some one please,help me?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 08:32 pm
Frankemp, let's just allow them to grow and mature, because some day they will be in the same place we are now, and remember.................
0 Replies

frankemp

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 02:01 pm
so, so true
Misti26.
That is so true,I see my mother in me many times and things I didn't understand at the time,but of course I do now'
0 Replies