The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth....

farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2019 08:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
we had some really good "Tickler" really loooong aged cheddar on rosemary triskits. along with some dry looooow alc cider
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2019 08:36 pm
@farmerman,
I had a Italian Classic sandwich at Boudin's for dinner. It's a salami and balogna sandwich on sour dough bread with root beer to wash it down.
farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2019 08:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
so you ate a baloney sammich at a restaurant named 'Sausages"

Sounds a bit like a hoagie or a Po Boy
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2019 08:43 pm
@farmerman,
Okay, I can accept that!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2019 06:49 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Was it flavored?

Key lime or some kind of lime... I can't remember. I keep it at work.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2019 11:26 am
@tsarstepan,
Just got back from Tous les Jours where I had coffee and a donut bar. My sugar limit for the day.
chai2

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2019 11:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
Saurkraut
farmerman

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2019 02:25 pm
@chai2,
blaachh, (unless its mixed with some apple chunks or apple sauce.)

Hunk a corn bread wif some Maplehof aged sweet butter
glitterbag

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2019 03:13 pm
@farmerman,
I simmer sauerkraut in a crockpot, layer of kraut, layer of onions, layer of apple slices...then pork ribs, then kraut, onions and more apple. Slow cook until it gets that ideal mix of sweet/tart/and really yummy pork.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2019 03:14 pm
@glitterbag,
half of a big snickerdoodle cookie from Whole Foods.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2019 03:27 pm
@glitterbag,
see now that sounds half edible. Have a recipe? Up here they serve it without apples and slop it all over a pile of mashed white potatoes. SO any benefits you get from the fermented foods, you lose with all the carbs
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2019 03:43 pm
@farmerman,
I like the darker mustard. They have them at the Costco hotdog stand.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2019 05:23 pm
Earl grey tea with honey and a shot of gin . Such is an afternoon at the legion meat spin Laughing Cool Laughing Cool
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2019 08:43 pm
@ehBeth,
Can of Bubbly Catawba (sparkling wine) from Lakewood Vineyards, Watkins Glen, NY
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2019 12:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
Trader Joe's popcorn with herbs and spices
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2019 11:49 pm
Cold salmon and turmeric
potato patties and
Ice cold lager.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2019 01:00 am
@farmerman,
That is my recipe, I can narrow down the measurements for you, but I usually eyeball it. The reason I use a crock pot is because my husband is from Raleigh and the aroma is something he can't deal with........so I hook up the crock pot in the garage.

I buy the refrigerated packages of kraut (about 6 x 4) two vidallia onions, and 2 or three peeled gala apples. Buy pork ribs with a lot of fat, then layer kraut - onion - sliced apples...then place a rack of ribs on top and then kraut, onions, apples and top it off with a little kraut so the apples don't get brown. I start the cookie on high but as soon as it starts to bubble turn it down to low. I let it go for about 5 to 6 hours, then sip a little of the juice...if its too sour, add a little applesauce. Personally, I don't like adding brown or white sugar....I think it junks it up.

I stir it every few hours, then pick out the bones....you want the pork to be juicy so check it every so often..........I'm sorry I don't have something more specific...I just follow my grandmothers example (as I remember it).

Does that help???
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2019 04:12 am
@glitterbag,
yeh, My only mod would to NOT put the pork in with the kraut. I do like flavors to be different. We have saurkraut/pork feeds for New Years at all the local churches or fire companies. Thats a big criticism I have caue I dont like pork tasting like kraut (after the non apple sauce containing kraut).

Ill try the onion with applesauce thing but I think Ill try a more "oniony" kind , like a big SPanish, they get sweet after a bit of sauteeing, then Ill plop em in in an apple and applesauce layer.Applesauce is best without any sugar i agree.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 07:42 am
@farmerman,
Honeybell Tangelo
OMFG!
Bought two of them from Whole Foods (one for today and one for tomorrow). No idea what they were. #Sweeeeet!
ehBeth

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 08:35 am
hot water
0 Replies