The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth....

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 08:44 am
@tsarstepan,
Ate my second tangelo this morning with two small slices of vegan banana bread from Trader Joe's. Bought to share with my coworkers (one whom is a vegan... and not particularly interested in the treat ... so I left it out on the floor pantry for the entire floor if interested).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 10:49 am
chicken noodle soup with an egg poached into it

for super excitement I dropped in a glutinous rice ball that had been hanging around a bit too long. chopped it up first. it turned into those slippery noodles you get at dim sum.

I think it was tasty but I have a cold so who knows ....
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 04:24 pm
@ehBeth,
We had lunch at Mistuwa supermarket restaurant. I had the charshu noodles. We wanted to go to Harry's Hofbrau, but they closed their restaurant in San Jose for good, and we're not willing to travel to Redwood City for a meal.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 12:10 am
Watermelon from our own compost pile.
chai2

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 12:33 am
@Builder,
eggs
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 01:02 am
@farmerman,
I don't put applesauce in until the kraut is almost finished. Even then, I only use it if the juice is too tart.....I think the pork mellows out the kraut, to me the pork doesn't taste like kraut....its far from the fermented stuff you would use on a Reuben or hot dog. (It has become Julie Mae Gray's sublime sauerkraut) The ribs should just fall off the bone and turn into chunks.....but I love it, its not at all like bbq'd ribs.
Plus, I wouldn't sauté the onions before putting them in a crockpot, if you want sautéed onions, serve them separately. They really should go in raw and simmer with the apples and kraut.
But if you insist on sautéd onions in the pot, just promise me you won't tell anyone who gave you the recipe.
farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 03:53 am
@glitterbag,
sauteeing gets rid of that mercaptan edge that raw onions add to a hoagie samwich. hnver we cook with onions we count on it imparting asweetness . Thats what we like.
We dont like those eak onion breeds like Vidalia or Wala Wala, no flvor or sweetness in a sauce.

The onliest thing I add raw onion to is a chili, Ill chop m into cubes and dump into the pot raw. Then at the end Ill always sprinkle a bunch of newly chopped cubes on top o the chili. Kinda a trick we learned from a farmer along the turqoise trail in NM
margo

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 02:18 pm
@glitterbag,
That does sound good. Too hot to even think about it today - but winter is on the way - only another 6 months!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 06:31 pm
super spice chai tea with a squoze of lemon and a big spoon of raw honey
valleydweller

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 08:03 pm
@ehBeth,
strawberry ice cream with sips of black coffee
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 08:25 pm
@valleydweller,
Canned mushroom soup that I heated myself. Ate the whole thing!~
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 09:48 pm
a quarter of a cherry candycane followed by half of a hard salt licorice lozenge
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 10:10 pm
@farmerman,
Well my grandmother and my mother and I trump your New Mexico farmer.....the onions disappear in the kraut (that's the idea, the apples and onions blend....if you have too sauté the onions to make them sweet....leave out the apples, applesauce and onions of all kinds and just dump in molasses. You don't add onions for texture they balance out the kraut and apples.........Now I'm sorry I even shared the recipe......Jesus FM, I gave you gold and you are still thinking about kraut on mashed potatoes.......

My crab cake recipe and Brunswick stew recipe I'm taking to the grave. Harumpf
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2019 12:59 am
Bittersweet chocolate dipped in peanut butter
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2019 11:12 am

https://imgur.com/q3Nzoxg.jpg

brunch...

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2019 11:31 am
new york strip and broc

Going back to the kitchen for 2nds
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2019 04:34 pm
french toast with chicken bacon
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2019 09:45 pm
ginger peach tea with unpasteurized honey
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2019 10:03 pm
We've been in St. Michaels for a few days celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.....The food at the Inn has been incredible....but we check out tomorrow, it's 11 PM and I'm hungry. Room service brought me a plate of sliced fruit and berries....wowie, even the cantaloup tastes better here. Last thing in my mouth, 3 or 4 wonderful blueberries.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2019 10:07 pm
@glitterbag,
Lucky you! I'm hoping for something similar, except in Hawaii when our son visits in a few days.
0 Replies