The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth....

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 08:00 pm
@Daisy Ryder,
decaf English Breakfast tea

straight up
vonny

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 01:48 pm
bump
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 01:48 pm
@ehBeth,
Elderflower flavoured water
glitterbag

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 01:51 pm
@vonny,
Tasty waffle
vonny

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 02:27 pm
@glitterbag,
TicTac mint
ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 02:32 pm
@vonny,
la vache qui rit
topped with pine nut topped hummus
topped with baked ham

all on top on a thick slice of the baguette from the new Serbian bakery

I need a nap now Laughing
vonny

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 02:44 pm
@ehBeth,
(my mouth's watering!)

Another TicTac mint
Sturgis

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 01:14 pm
@vonny,
Pastrami w/Muenster cheese on potato bread, nuked for 2 minutes on high.

a tasty article about the cheese:

www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/21/muenster-recipe_n_4824194.html
ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 01:28 pm
@Sturgis,
Boy that sounds good right now!

Me, I had one of my homemade black and green olive bialys - with an insert of a small amount of caramelized onions and poppy seeds in the center of each one - that I had made and frozen for later use. I've got to do those again. They were easy (easier than pie, hey), since I had caramelized onions on hand, and nicely chewy like good bagels are. Next time I'll double or triple the recipe. Hardest thing about it is paying for good olives at the checkout counter.

Photo and recipe on this link -
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/mar/27/black-olive-bialy-recipe-baking
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 01:52 pm
@ossobuco,
everything fake bagal (I have mentioned at A2K before that I cant find in my town a real bagal), lots of cream cheese and a high quality smoked salmon.

OMG, best thing I have eaten in awhile. Sometimes the classics are classics for a reason.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 02:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
You might try that bialy recipe. Better than any faux bagel I've eaten in years and years (my last real bagel was when? mid seventies in downtown LA..) It's a brit recipe but the conversion tables on Online Conversion are easy to use. If I had more get up and go plus some actual money, I might open a bialy place after trying more recipes. I tend to like putting spicy diced eggplant and roasted red pepper or roasted spicy green pepper and similar into my stews/focaccias/whatever, so I'd play with doing that, similar to the olive bialy recipe. But the deal is, that recipe would still be good without the olives and onions.

There is a store here called Donut Mart that makes bagels and bialys. The usual crap, and I like the place and the people who own it. I'll have a donut on occasion, nothing to write home about either, but the shop is kind of a comfortable gathering place for the neighborhood.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 02:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
Tell me about your smoked salmon (damn, I miss the northwest).

On making real bagels, I've collected the old sort of recipes, just need to go buy the malted barley stuff (I forget which type, and there are two types, depending if it is for bagels or breads).
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 02:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Trapper Creek Wild Caught King Salmon, smoked...sold at Costco. Not the best I have ever had, but very good for a commercial product. The best I have come across comes from small local outfits...the smoke tends to be more interesting. This one has a decent smoke, but the main thing is that this is super rich and moist (OMG, keep forgetting this is one of the most hated words in the english language. must. stop. using.) ...must have something to do with the salmon quality before smoking.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 02:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
I had gotten used to the local smoked salmon. Sigh. Not to mention the local wild salmon at the co-op from time to time. That co-op had very good meat and fish, more sighing. I went to the one here in New Mexico once and once only. Miserable dilapidated vegetables - I didn't even look at the meat, and fish in New Mexico, I've learned to be wary. Costco, sure, I like it generally but it's generic good, and I used to be spoiled re available food goods.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 02:49 pm
@ossobuco,
is it better to have loved and lost, or to have never loved at all?

I figure you can guess where I stand on that...
ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 02:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
For once we agree.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 02:55 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

For once we agree.

HA..we agree more often then you are comfortable admitting . Anyways, if I stimulate your neurons my efforts will have been worthwhile, I am not all hung up on agreement.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 02:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
moist is a bad one? Really now, you're tightroping the line of your fem fright. I get it you met a freaky group, I would have been put off too, but that is only one end of the spectrum - you keep zoning in on them. Pisses off the rest of us.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 03:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
That's a nice dump.
My neurons are fine.
So far.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 03:05 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

moist is a bad one? Really now, you're tightroping the line of your fem fright. I get it you met a freaky group, I would have been put off too, but that is only one end of the spectrum - you keep zoning in on them. Pisses off the rest of us.

Really now, you should have learned by now that I generally know what I am talking about:

Quote:
At HuffPost Taste, the word moist comes up a lot in our work and, we have to admit, it nauseates us. It's an occupational hazard we can't seem to avoid. We inevitably come across the word as positive descriptors for cakes and cookies every day. Sometimes, we even have to write it (like right now, which feels a little wrong).

We're not alone in our moist hate, the "New Yorker's" readers share our disgust. The publication asked its readers to pick a word to be eliminated from the dictionary, and moist was on the top of that list -- with a strong woman's voice against it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/10/hate-moist-word-alternatives_n_2259254.html

Maybe your neurons are not fine?

Anyways, this is not a feminism issue I think, it is a women being uncomfortable with their bodies issue, the underside of the breasts one of many places that tend to get moist. But back to feminism, seems to me that based upon what the feminists claim to care about that they should have by now done a better job on helping women to feel comfortable about their bodies. I possit the thought that maybe the feminists agenda is not what they claim it is. I learned long ago that if what a woman says and what she does are in conflict, always go with what she does.