The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth....

Rockhead

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 02:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
GF steel cut oats. with vanilla, cinnamon, and brown sugar...
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 03:56 pm
bump
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 03:56 pm
A rehydration treatment drink - ugh!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 03:59 pm
@vonny,
Hug for that ugh....

Piece of dark chocolate, 70% type.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 04:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Several chocolate coated almonds.

The devil tapped me on the shoulder at Costco's and made me buy them.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:35 pm
@Lordyaswas,
My granddaughter (almost 3) was here all day because the daycare was closed
and Mom and Dad had to work, so the last thing I put in my mouth was an Excedrine tablet.
Most of the day went fine, she helped me dry my hair and put on my makeup. I gave her some lotion to use on her face, she loves the lotion, I kept sending her over to grand dad so he could see how beautiful she was, she had a makeup spong (without makeup) and happily dabbed her face, then zoomed over to granddad. All this zooming worked to my advantage so I could apply foundation and brandish the mascara (neither item is safe around very little girls). So we were so pleased with ourselves for keeping her entertained, and then........the eyeshadow appeared.
I favor a light brown shadow for everyday, so cutie pie is holding the case while I swipe on a classic shade of cocoa, however, she noticed there were two applicators and decided to decorate her eyes, she's not falling for the "let grandma help you", and she's turning down my faux swipes at the eyeshadow. By the time she was finished she had covered her eyelids, under her eyes and the space between her eyes. Those tiny kids can move like greased lightening. So, it's close to nap time and she's looking a tad racoonish. Also because it's close to nap time, she's tired, testy and was not cooperating with the panicky grandmother trying to clean up the 'new look'.
What followed was fake hysterics and suddenly clinging to grand pop to avoid the dreaded water on a Qtip. Got most of it off, but it was still a little creepy seeing my granddaughter asleep looking like a silent film star (only she's 3)
Thank God my daughter-in-law wasn't horrified, apparently this was not the first time it happened.
Yeah, the last thing I put in my mouth was Excedrine then a much needed nap. Now I'm going to pray the daycare lady is open for business tomorrow.
chai2

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:39 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

so the last thing I put in my mouth was an Excedrine tablet.

Laughing

For me, brussle sprouts and walnuts, and shrimp with grits.

I'm in heaven.
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:47 pm
@chai2,
shrimp n grits?
Is that like a polenta way or is it all gloppy like grits usually is.
Im trying to envision this as something tasty.
chai2

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:00 pm
@farmerman,
No, wasn't sloppy at all.

I was in WF's and purused the food bar. First I saw the brussel and walnut and thought, "my they look tasty" and then, right next to them was the shrimp/grits.

No, wasn't gloppy. When I make my own grits they aren't gloppy. Basically it's polenta.

It looked kind of like this, and was amazingly good.

http://andrewzimmern.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Roberts-Peter-Dales-Shrimp-Polenta-with-Chorizo.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:02 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Was that the devil with the red dress?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:07 pm
@chai2,
I gotta have more shrimp. Is that a hot pepper or two? whats the green stuff?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:07 pm
@glitterbag,
Ghandi loved Triscuits
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:09 pm
I forgot, Im eating kielbasa soup mit kluski.
Nice and greasy like I like it.
String beans, potatoes n onions
a beefy broth with nice kluski noodles
glitterbag

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:22 pm
@farmerman,
Its appearing that I'm the only one munching Excedrine. Now I'm trying to decide what to do, DIL picked up baby dumpling, but my son dropped her off this morning and in a massive lack of judgement, I suggested he take my car because I don't have a car seat and he left his in the driveway. Tomorrow, I'm heading to Toys R Us and buying a car seat. Son is still not home with my brand new car, and now....I'm eating my liver.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:41 pm
@glitterbag,
I give up, I am now savoring a vodka and tonic.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:44 pm
@glitterbag,
pb and honey on toast
a side of swiss cheese
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:45 pm
@glitterbag,
not on top of excedrine. Your ears will be ringing
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 08:04 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ghandi loved Triscuits

Good to know.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 03:43 pm
TicTac mint
glitterbag

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 07:06 pm
@vonny,
A wonderful Rueben sammich from Regina's. paired with cucumber & dill salad.