About "The World's Smallest Political Quiz"

nimh

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 01:18 pm
Left liberal:

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 80%.
Your Economic Self-Government Score is 30%.
the other thread though. This is almost more like a prank.

I mean - for example. "Government should not control radio, TV, the press or the Internet." Sure - agree - but eh, what about public television? I'm for public television. But that's by nature controlled by the government - however indirectly ...
Huh - so should I choose "maybe", then, implying that I kinda think the government should control what the media get to broadcast - which I don't?

Or, "Drug laws do more harm than good. Repeal them." What, all of them? Speed, heroine, free it all up? That'd be a far cry from limited sale of marijuana in coffeeshops ...

No, this test is a bit too far out for me ;-).
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 02:43 pm
nimh wrote:
I'm for public television. But that's by nature controlled by the government - however indirectly ...

Is that so? My understanding is that the American government has virtually no power over American public television--which is very good indeed for American public television.

nimh wrote:
Or, "Drug laws do more harm than good. Repeal them." What, all of them? Speed, heroine, free it all up?

Sure, why not? I'm for that too. What's so far out about such a proposal -- apart from the fact that the majority disagrees with it?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 02:47 pm
Top Center Libertarian 90% on both Self and Economic.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 02:57 pm
Left-liberal, it seems.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 09:14 am
Quote:
Is that so? My understanding is that the American government has virtually no power over American public television--which is very good indeed for American public television.

My impression -- and I grew up in a public-TV household -- is that public TV in the US continues to be supported to some degree by the gov't because of how grumpy its viewers would be if it wasn't, and because not enough people watch it for it to be threatening to anyone. But, then, I'm a cynic.

Took the compass test. I fell right on top of the Dalai Lama. Go figure. (Though I'm not sure exactly how they ascertained his position on a number of those issues.)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 09:57 am
Here's another version of that test- a lot more detailed.

http://www.quiz2d.com/
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 10:03 am
on this test i came out the same way.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 10:04 am
Me too! Very Happy
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 10:05 am
A-yup. Very little variation. Not sure how useful that is, though, except that it helps the Libertarian Party give you specifically tailored propaganda.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 01:15 pm
On the second test I was at the left edge of "centrist with libertarian tendencies".

I still think that the US Libertarian Party does not cover the left side of it's allegged spectrum.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 01:17 pm
The libertarians have a long way to go before they become a major force in American politics. IMHO.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 01:20 pm
definitly something wrong with that test as it had ME as a left liberal...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 01:27 pm
I took the second test and came out as a centrist. Can I rule the world now?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 02:27 pm
You'll have to decided who to marginalize first, cav.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 02:35 pm
I suggest paper. Unlined is very hard to write on.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 02:39 pm
Ended up on the second test exactly where I thought I would be.

Deep in Conservative leaning towards Authoritarian.

I love the little propaganda warning that popped up under it telling me the danger of my position. Very Happy

And if we are going to marginalize anyone patio, I think it should be all canines. :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:20 pm
Why, shucks, I'm a left liberal..
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:59 am
Quote:
And if we are going to marginalize anyone patio, I think it should be all canines.

Fair enough. We're scavengers by nature, and accustomed to scrounging at the margins of society.
0 Replies