Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 01:55 pm
Question Help! My grandson is staying with me for a couple of months. He is 2 years old. Not potty-trained. He developed a yeast infection (he was playing outside in the water and it was a really hot day; and he also got a rash from eating popcorn every night ( I guess). So I started using Clotrimazole and A&D ointment and stopped the popcorn. Plus I switched to Huggies Supremes because he was wetting through at night. Happy to say both rashes are almost gone. But, my question is, it looks like he is bruised on both inner thighs now, but nothing happened to him. Could this be dye transference from the diapers? If so, how do I remove it from his skin? It's really freaking me out? Help - Confused Gma
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 559 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Vicki Mcpherson

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 02:05 pm
childcare
Question Hello - Does anyone have a comment?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 02:07 pm
Really hard to say from that little information. Maybe heat rash?

My own kid is 6 and I don't remember her ever having something like that -- really doesn't sound like it would be a dye situation to me.

Do you have his pediatrician's number?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 02:34 pm
Vicki--

Welcome to A2K?

Has your grandson been spending time on any sort of kiddie riding vehicle? Or being bounced on someone's knee? Or straddling a rail or a chair or a pretend horsie?

Could switching diaper brands/styles have changed the amount of padding that he's used to between his legs?

Does he act as though the area is bruised? Is he in pain?

Did you read the fine print that same with his meds? If you've tossed that out, call the drugstore and ask to talk to the pharmacist. Pharmacists love to give out information.

Good luck.

P.S. Some kids sop up dye much more than other kids. For ten days after every bare-chested fingerpaint session, my boys looked as though they were sporting elaborate tattoos.
0 Replies

Vicki Mcpherson

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 07:39 pm
Smile Thanks everyone. It was the dye from his Huggies Supremes, alright. I used one of my makeup remover wipes gently on the "area", and bluish-green color came off. Thank goodness. - gma (I suppose, I'll have to try another type of diaper.)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 08:11 pm
Vicki--

May all your problems be solved that easily.
0 Replies